Price of diesel in your area?

I couldn't believe it, my gauge was reading just below half and having filled the van from nearly empty with V-Power last week for £125 I was expecting to put in about 70 quids worth but it just kept going and going, that's when I looked at the price. I put in 43.01 litres and it cost me £92.
Not sure I'll be able to afford to run my van when it arrives. I might just sit it on axle stands, sell the wheels and sit in the driver's seat going "vroom vroom, beep beep" whilst turning the steering wheel from side to side.

Not sure I'll be able to afford to run my van when it arrives. I might just sit it on axle stands, sell the wheels and sit in the driver's seat going "vroom vroom, beep beep" whilst turning the steering wheel from side to side.
Eco-friendly!

During the first lockdown when fuel was around £1.05 per litre I went halves on a fill of a friends fuel storage tank (1000 galls) it was one of my better investments.
It’s now getting a bit low but such is life, one of our rather frugal friends is rather miffed that we won’t sell him cheap diesel, our reason being we will have to pay more when this supply is exhausted, he is not happy with us and can’t grasp the concept why we won’t sell him any.

Filled up last Friday, before heading to Mighty Dub Fest at Alnwick.
Had a litte tear run down my cheek, won't deny.

20220617_081349.jpg

My daily ride passes 5 petrol stations which I’ve been comparing daily for months now, at times there has been as much as 25p difference between the garages. For the last few days they are pretty much all 199.9 (one is actually 199.0). Anyone else think they are all waiting for the delivery of there 18” red digital “2” stickers?

I spent 20 minutes queuing at Costco on Friday, whilst doing so I realised that not only was I queuing to pay 180.9p a litre for petrol but, only three weeks prior I'd sat in the same queue for petrol at 156.9p. Where's it going to end?

I spent 20 minutes queuing at Costco on Friday, whilst doing so I realised that not only was I queuing to pay 180.9p a litre for petrol but, only three weeks prior I'd sat in the same queue for petrol at 156.9p. Where's it going to end?
In tears!

Unless people stop driving so much I can't imagine prices are going to drop anytime soon.

Roads are still very busy - all the time

Where's it going to end?

With a change of government?

According to the RAC Foundation, on 24/06/2022, just under 44% of the cost of a litre of diesl goes to the Treasury.

The £120 which @howler1975 spent this week contributed £52 to Mr Sunak's coffers. The cynic in me thinks the Chancellor is not going to turn off that cash influx any time soon.

Reactions: CAB
With a change of government?

According to the RAC Foundation, on 24/06/2022, just under 44% of the cost of a litre of diesl goes to the Treasury.

ha ha ha. I can’t see any Chancellor making huge changes , especially when so much tax payers cash is being handed out across the country for electricity bills

Reactions: Bav
Near me in Bedford .Tesco etc £199.9p
BP £203.9p

Both garages literally less than a mile apart !!.

My commute now takes 35 to 45 mins now, instead of 25 because there is a Costco near the motorway junction I use and the queues for the fuel are always round the car park and onto the main roads. They mus5 have so many new members now, you can watch people who have obviously never used their pumps before.
Just struck me as well, why is fuel different prices at different Costco outlets, I can’t imagine the cost for each place is different.

The £120 spent this week contributed £52 to Mr Sunak's coffers. The cynic in me thinks the Chancellor is not going to turn off that cash influx any time soon.

That'll be the same Mr Sunak that handed out furlough money to all that stood there with their hand out a couple of years ago. We've all got to pay it back one way or another at some point.

That'll be the same Mr Sunak that handed out furlough money to all that stood there with their hand out a couple of years ago. We've all got to pay it back one way or another at some point.
Not fair though is it. I never got a penny even though I couldn’t work but I still have to pay it back.

Back