Price of diesel in your area?

Called in at Wetherby services on way home from Scotland on Saturday. Normal diesel £1.99 per litre. Was up in aviemore all week and it was 1.88 there. Luckily we had a trip to Elgin and found a supermarket where it was 1.76 per litre so brimmed the van thereView attachment 159475
Those diesel prices make the price of their super unleaded looks positively reasonable.

Well, I pass close by to Costco on my way home. Yesterday, running low on fuel and needing some shopping thought I would go.
About mile or so away I hit queuing traffic., I thought there must have been an accident. Turns out it was caused by the fuel queue in Costco backing out onto the main road. Took 20 mins to get to Costco then another 30 to get to the fuel pumps.
madness. I think it was about £1.78 per litre

Heading to Cornwall on Monday. Then Folkestone and Calais to Bordeux and Barcellona. How much is gonna cost me
A3744-F0-C-2-F4-F-45-D0-8-C77-E1-ED0-B9-D6156.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Little bit cheaper in France with the exchange rate if its any consolation
I'm not doubting what you say as you're there on the ground, so to speak, but I read an article yesterday that said France had the most expensive fuel in all of the G20 countries (with the UK a close 2nd :(). I guess it just depends on exactly when the numbers were collated and the timing of the exchange rates they used.

Currently the French .gov discount fuel by 15c per litre. I paid around €1.78-€1.85 per litre on the forecourts which equates to £1.53-£1.59 per litre at an exchange rate of £1/Euro1.16.
Obviously there are more expensive outlets.....

Reactions: Bav
I put some petrol in the bike yesterday. Shell station, 198.9 for regular petrol. 196.9 regular diesel.
not seen petrol more expensive than diesel for a long time.

In my local Morrisons/Tesco and Texaco just went up yesterday to £1.99 for Diesel, grrrrrrr

Passing Costco again today. 184.9 for their premium. The queue was clogging up the roads around again.

Pi$$es me off every time I watch the news hearing about the cost of living crisis and we are all in a mess.

The roads are just as busy as ever (apart from the covid stay at home bit), if people were struggling so much there would be far fewer cars on the roads.

I am in Spain now, cheapest found in France was 2.09, average 2.15, motorway 2.25 to 2.35. Is there an end to this?

Just driven through Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria and Germany and the cheapest I saw was 1.99 euro in Germany. It was 2.35 euro in Switzerland.
Average was around 2 euro.
Just filled up at Costco in Newcastle this morning for £1.85. No queue at 0900

Just driven through Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria and Germany and the cheapest I saw was 1.99 euro in Germany. It was 2.35 euro in Switzerland.
Average was around 2 euro.
Just filled up at Costco in Newcastle this morning for £1.85. No queue at 0900
£1.92 Asda Warrington

Back