Plug and Play loom for LED headlight retrofit

T6 LED Headlights with Self levelling - £2670

Not Vat registered

He is also only 40mins away. I did enquirer with with Hazydaze when I first got the van a year ago and they were still experimenting and didn't go ahead with it.

The last couple of early mornings made me do something about it!

Thanks.Thats not bad, better than hazzydays at £2895.00+vat
I can get the vat back.
Will put on my Xmas list!

What have others done regarding the front fogs once the headlights have been changed? Can you replace them with leds?

Hi Loz, forgot you had a Cali. Is this an easy swap or should i just get them done at the same time as the headlights?

Cheers DaveyB all very useful info. I had moved over from the old forum when I bought the t6 back in early 2016 and was watching everyone's efforts to sort the lights but then lost track once summer arrived.

Will update once all replaced with led and can see the roads again!

I have done it to mine, its possible to do as a DIY job but needs some custom wiring to connect it all up, i have templated a loom for this and am in the process of making some
Its not a cheap job but if your interested feel free to get in touch and we can discuss it if you want
I’ve inboxed you

I’ve started on the process with @Pauly - I’ve already had the level sensors fitted.

The big step will be over Christmas break when I have time to take the front off. Even took the plunge and bought a VCDS yesterday.

After a couple of calls with him, I’ve got my head around what needs to happen. Hopefully just found the connector that will make breaking into the Canbus easier.

If you give it a few weeks I’ll be able to tell you if a T6 novice like me can make it all happen.

I have done it to mine, its possible to do as a DIY job but needs some custom wiring to connect it all up, i have templated a loom for this and am in the process of making some
Its not a cheap job but if your interested feel free to get in touch and we can discuss it if you want

Regrettably I'm not up to a DIY job unless that includes ordering the bits and having it done by a local garage. Any chance that could that work?

I'm also considering the HazzyDayz/Audi VW Retrofit option. For the money you'd expect a pro upgrade to be equal to factory fitted LEDs. Could someone whose had one of these done share their satisfaction with the results?

The local independent VW garage said to be legal with an LED upgrade you'd need both the auto leveling and washing jets. I'm not sure that's necessarily so because VW promo shots of factory fitted LEDs don't show any with washers. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers

LED headlight washers were indeed an option originally on a T6 specced with LED's, but became standard in May 2016. Not sure about the legal requirements though.

Pretty sure they should of been fitted on All T6's from the start, it was a mistake for VW to make the washers a separate option. Once they realized the option was removed and the washers made mandatory - any vans already ordered came supplied with the washers fitted anyway ( My old one included ).

I was told the confusion was over the previous xenon lights, any HD lights over 35 watts needs washers- the LED are below the 35w so apparently they don't but in the small print somewhere any lights over 2000 lumens do.
Not sure if thats true or not but I along with quite a few others got them fitted FOC and Vw don't do that unless the they've really cocked up !

One things for sure they really don't do a lot !!!

Although a mate in n northern Germany reckons they're way handy in snow,apparently the leds don't generate enough heat to melt falling snow so the washers are used instead ...

We have just got a new mini with factory LED lights it has self level but no water washers .
Got to say they are the best lights I have ever driven with and you get all the front and rear even in the boot led .
I would love them on the van but not at Vw's price.

Back