Plug and Play loom for LED headlight retrofit

Cheers guys, thanks for your replies. Looks like the local VW chap could be right! I'll probably go the H4 to H7 route as an interim solution.

Regrettably I'm not up to a DIY job unless that includes ordering the bits and having it done by a local garage. Any chance that could that work?

I'm also considering the HazzyDayz/Audi VW Retrofit option. For the money you'd expect a pro upgrade to be equal to factory fitted LEDs. Could someone whose had one of these done share their satisfaction with the results?

The local independent VW garage said to be legal with an LED upgrade you'd need both the auto leveling and washing jets. I'm not sure that's necessarily so because VW promo shots of factory fitted LEDs don't show any with washers. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers
I had genuine Bixenon headlights fitted to my T5.1 but hazzydayz. I had the levelling system fitted but didn’t bother with the washers. Everything worked exactly as it should. The van went through 3 mot’s while I had it. Never any problems about it not having headlamp washers.

Yeah I’d thought about using the Phillips H7 LED bulbs, mixed with the projection units these lights have it might give you a nicer pattern

Just awaiting the loom to arrive and then I’ll be installing the LED’s.. hopefully get the level sensors in tomorrow and lights before Christmas.. fingers crossed.

Should have arrived today i sent it 1st class recorded yesterday

It looks like @Chickybumps will be a couple of days ahead of me, for the big switch on.

The business end of the conversion arrived today, great quality work from our resident Wise Man of the South West :thumbsup:

526E23B8-0C0E-410A-A817-8B448AD0E33A.jpeg

So loom is in, level sensors fitted, bcm connections made and levelling module plumbed in (not powered up yet). Bumper off later and then install the lights. Have a slight issue with the pdc but hopefully that will be a easy fix. Have to agree with @Montecha

Pauly is truly a Jedi. Loom is very oem. Thanks for the pointers last night to Pauly

Lights all installed, can’t believe how easy that bumper comes off, module supplied with power and lights come on and level system works. No drl on and lights flash when engine running.. just as Pauly expected. Hopefully a little coding and all will be good. Totally transforms the front end of the van completely. Oh and them lights are fricking bright!!

Lights all installed, can’t believe how easy that bumper comes off, module supplied with power and lights come on and level system works. No drl on and lights flash when engine running.. just as Pauly expected. Hopefully a little coding and all will be good. Totally transforms the front end of the van completely. Oh and them lights are fricking bright!!

Good work! Hope its the same for me next week.

£2050 + vat delivered for all parts and wiring loom (and my phone number ;)) with everything preterminated ready to install
Thanks! Not that I'm seriously considering this yet. Just weighing up the various light upgrade options

Lights all coded. Thanks so much Pauly for taking over my laptop and working your magic. Thanks also for the pictures and narrations and the loom was a perfect fit. The drive home was amazing. If the pards on here have access to a ramp and some spare time its a upgrade that totally worth it. These should have been a standard fit on all vans.

If anyone in East Sussex area who is thinking of this upgrade and wants a hand plus use of a ramp and VCDS get in touch.

Thanks once again Pauly:thumbsup:

Lights all coded. Thanks so much Pauly for taking over my laptop and working your magic. Thanks also for the pictures and narrations and the loom was a perfect fit. The drive home was amazing. If the pards on here have access to a ramp and some spare time its a upgrade that totally worth it. These should have been a standard fit on all vans.

If anyone in East Sussex area who is thinking of this upgrade and wants a hand plus use of a ramp and VCDS get in touch.

Thanks once again Pauly:thumbsup:
Good to know and thanks for the offer, it's on my list of upgrades. Where are you based in East Sussex?

Back