T6-T6.1 LED headlight loom

Toproofer

Hi I’m new here really needs some help T6-t6.1 headlight fitting.
I’ve bought a salvaged van and upgraded it from t6-t6.1 headlights the last one I done was easy plug and play bower it looks as tho this one has oe t6 xenon headlights. The same travelinlite t6.1 led headlights I’ve bought will not plug into the oe light loom as I’m presuming the van is wired for xenon’s.
Is there anyone that can help or point me in the right direction what to do as the vans done finished converted to 6.1 but I’m struggling with powering the headlights I’ve tried the £50 conversion plug still won’t plug into ur loom
I’ve attached an image the left plug is oe loom the right plug is led light
Thank you in advance

IMG_4766.jpeg

Hi I’m new here really needs some help T6-t6.1 headlight fitting.
I’ve bought a salvaged van and upgraded it from t6-t6.1 headlights the last one I done was easy plug and play bower it looks as tho this one has oe t6 xenon headlights. The same travelinlite t6.1 led headlights I’ve bought will not plug into the oe light loom as I’m presuming the van is wired for xenon’s.
Is there anyone that can help or point me in the right direction what to do as the vans done finished converted to 6.1 but I’m struggling with powering the headlights I’ve tried the £50 conversion plug still won’t plug into ur loom
I’ve attached an image the left plug is oe loom the right plug is led light
Thank you in advance

View attachment 220019
It’s not at all clear what and where you are connecting! Give me a photo of the headlights you want to connect!

So the van was originally a t6 I’ve upgraded the front end to 6.1 with new led headlights however the plug on the left is the original headlight plug from the loom the plug on the right is from the rear of the new led headlights they don’t connect the original van when it was a t6 had bi xenon headlights ,I’ve been told my loom/plug is for xenon lights
I’m trying to find a way of linking these lights to existing loom plug.
I’ve tried the adapters Flybe will connect to headlight but not to loom plug
Thanks

IMG_4665.jpeg

IMG_4766.jpeg

So the van was originally a t6 I’ve upgraded the front end to 6.1 with new led headlights however the plug on the left is the original headlight plug from the loom the plug on the right is from the rear of the new led headlights they don’t connect the original van when it was a t6 had bi xenon headlights ,I’ve been told my loom/plug is for xenon lights
I’m trying to find a way of linking these lights to existing loom plug.
I’ve tried the adapters Flybe will connect to headlight but not to loom plug
Thanks

View attachment 220022

View attachment 220023
Apparently your headlights are not factory! Since the connector is 10 pin, I think they should be connected like regular H7 headlights! Show me the adapter you bought, did you not change the coding 09 (when you installed the adapter)?

The loom on the left is original vw harness that powered the original xenon headlight. The new t6.1 led aftermarket lights from THQ will not connect to the oe harness. I purchased the t6-t6.1 connector loom which connects the after market headlights but not the or loom. The pin configuration is different
It’s driving me insane I can plug original t6 lights in works perfect

I don’t know exactly how your adapters are made, but I think it’s true! you need to connect them and then start coding the 09 address! (What works when connecting adapters?)

I don’t know exactly how your adapters are made, but I think it’s true! you need to connect them and then start coding the 09 address! (What works when connecting adapters?)
That’s the problem nothing connects to original vw loom (left plug ) only original headlights. I’m told mines are ie xenon so is the loom. I’m trying to fit led headlights but they won’t connect due to pin configurations in new lights. At this stage I just want any working lights that will go to original loom plug so I can sell the van thanks fjr all ur help

The problem is the original van has LED factory headlights (xenon we’re not an option on a T6) you would need to reverse the wiring to the halogen pin set and recode the van then try to fit the T6.1 aftermarket headlights you have

Your original lights are OEM LED. The lights you’ve purchased are LED replacements for halogen lights

@Toproofer Pay for VIP membership and you'll find the wiring diagrams you need in the downloads section. I doubt the way you're doing things has been done before so it might be something you end up custom making a connector for.

Would you know the wiring pin out from 14 pin plug -10 pin I can’t find anything online only this attached but not sure if it would be the same
Thank you

IMG_4793.jpeg

Would you know the wiring pin out from 14 pin plug -10 pin I can’t find anything online only this attached but not sure if it would be the same
Thank you

View attachment 220040
Looks like you're on the right track, but you'll need the pin outs for a T6 14 pin connector and then a T6.1 10 pin connector as that's what the lights you're trying to power will have been designed for.

Back