Plug and Play loom for LED headlight retrofit

So you already have purchased the OEM LED lights.....

What lights have you got now?

Yes mate got the lights and I have had a little go at making up a loom, managed to get the 2 main lights working and the indercater just obviously there is only 10 wires on my loom and 14 on the new lights, i have both ends so I can plug in to headlight and in to my loom rather than cutting wires, it’s just I have 3 wires left over and no full beam and none of the led side of thing! is that the bit that needs programming maybe, are them 3 wires not needed?

Where is the best place to connect a wire to power the range control module please?...

Hi, I’m new to the forum.
I’ve followed all the thread about led retrofit and find very useful. I have 2017 T6 highline and I’ve bought the genuine head lights with modules and plug and play wires(hopefully)from t5 cotswold parts I would like to fit the self level but not good on diy wires, is there a loom available for this part of the job? Hope I’ve posted in the right section.

Hi, new to here, I’ve followed the thread about T6 led retrofit and had already purchased led headlights with modules and wires from t5 cotswold parts hoping for a simple swap, I’m now wondering if anyone supplies a wiring loom to fit the self level parts to my led lights, I can get someone to do the coding when req. I’m wondering if anyone else has bought the same as me or is everyone good at making up looms?

@The gas man, I wanted to fit genuine looms, but not avail on their own, they come incorporated into the main loom. For the rear, I bought the right hand suspension arm loom for van with rear sensors and stripped out the sensor part and incorporated it into the loom fitted to my van so I now have the correct conduit going to the rear sensor to make it look factory.
For the front, I made my own with three core cable. NB as it is a vertical wire run to the front sensor, I used a rubber boot over the connector and sealed around the wire with butyl cord. Also seal the plug with the wire seals too or the sensor will just fill with water. The fourth terminal port was fitted with a blanking bung. I may have some photos....
Keep the sensor 3 core wire small as any larger than the one I used won't fit into the range adjuster plug. NB I used terminals rather than repair wires to keep the cost down in the multi plug for the range adjuster ecu. It is easy to make good quality looms in this way, if in doubt though, use repair wires, 000 979 009 E are used on the ecu end if I remember which are quite small.

Waterproofing.jpg

IMG_7437.JPG

Front Sensor Loom .JPG

Securing Point.JPG

IMG_7610.JPG

Last edited:
Dan at HazzyDayz (VW & Audi Retrofit Parts – Vehicle Electrics – Fault Diagnostics | HappyDayz) has just advised me that auto-levelling for LED headlights is not an MOT requirement. I'm sure I read on one of these threads that someone though it is a requirement, but I cannot find it. Does anyone have a different opinion to Dan ?

And second, Dan also says that with auto-levelling there is a 'tourist mode' which (he says) "dips the lights". My question had been about driving in France and whether there was a way to avoid dazzling traffic on the other side of the road - either by adjusting the "level" or by obscuring part of the beam with a sticker? Again - I'd need more info on this, legality etc, before embarking on LED headlights - which I want to do, but with a careful eye on complying with all regs. Does anyone know please?

@dmartin I have factory LEDs and on the MFD there is an option to turn on Travel mode which I use when travelling abroad. From what I have read on here it is legal for trips but but not for residency in another country.

IMO whether it's an MOT requirement or not (MOT wording contains words like "if fitted" and "may have") self-levelling is a must so that you don't blind other road users.
The travel mode drops the beam flat to remove the uptick that we have, yes you could mask it (with a headlamp protector with tape on)

@dmartin I have factory LEDs and on the MFD there is an option to turn on Travel mode which I use when travelling abroad. From what I have read on here it is legal for trips but but not for residency in another country.
Wow that would be perfect - and in itself, almost reason enough for going for self-levelling! I really hate the faff with sticky patches when driving abroad with the H4's. Thanks ever so much for that info.

IMO whether it's an MOT requirement or not (MOT wording contains words like "if fitted" and "may have") self-levelling is a must so that you don't blind other road users.
The travel mode drops the beam flat to remove the uptick that we have, yes you could mask it (with a headlamp protector with tape on)
Yes, understood. Having been blinded often enough myself, I really don't want to do that to others. Not going to be cheap though. Thanks !!

Back