Front fogs.....none LED bulbs

@Loz good call, waiting on my Kombi at the moment :whistle:, but tempted.. Could you take a step by step pic guide and do a bit of a write up if possible, as I'm having trouble picturing how it all hangs together at the moment :thumbsdown:. If they are the ones to go for, then it will be one bit for mine crossed off the list. :thumbsup:

That amazon add u can click and upgrade nearly all the bulbs on the t6 from that one supplier. What bulb code is the headlight and side light???

I was just looking at that too and noticed an option for the H4. Given the clear success of the fog lights would this not be an option to replace the poor excuse of the standard lights?

Just ordered myself a set of the H11 fog light bulbs. It was saying only 4 remaining, so if you want a set, be worth getting in sooner rather than later, otherwise may need to wait till the seller can restock. Must have had a run on them by T6 owners. :thumbsup:

Fog light upgrade; (Click on thumbnails for larger image)
Part: http://amzn.eu/bhXTULl
Turn the steering full lock and hold the steering wheel as you turn off the engine, remove the key and gently allow the steering lock to engage to hold it.
Remove the plastic cover to gain access to the lamp holder.
IMG_3267.jpg
Lever out the cover from the slot at the bottom and you will see the fog lamp.
IMG_3269.jpg
The plug has to be removed before you can release the lamp. Pinch the lower part (for and aft) and pull down to release.
IMG_3270.jpg
With the plug removed turn the lamp counter clockwise an 1/8 of a turn until it releases and can then be removed.

Install the new lamp and turn clockwise to lock in position, the cable will be at the bottom when it's locked.
IMG_3272.jpg IMG_3274.jpg

Next connect the trailing socket to the original plug and I then used a cable tie to gather up the cables and tie them to the wire for the horn to stop the control unit flapping about,
IMG_3282.jpg

Replace the cover by inserting the bottom and side then use a fist to punch the top back in.
The nearside is the same except I cable tied to the hose of the washer bottle.

Before and after comparison.
IMG_3265.jpg IMG_3287.jpg

Last edited:
@Loz, brilliant, many thanks for the expiration and pics, now confident of what the job entails, as not got hold of mine yet. Went to converters today, and not that impressed. Will get him to do the basics, and tackle the rest myself! :rolleyes:

Fog light upgrade; (Click on thumbnails for larger image)
Turn the steering full lock and hold the steering wheel as you turn off the engine, remove the key and gently allow the steering lock to engage to hold it.
Remove the plastic cover to gain access to the lamp holder.
View attachment 3718
Lever out the cover from the slot at the bottom and you will see the fog lamp.
View attachment 3719
The plug has to be removed before you can release the lamp. Pinch the lower part (for and aft) and pull down to release.
View attachment 3720
With the plug removed turn the lamp counter clockwise an 1/8 of a turn until it releases and can then be removed.

Install the new lamp and turn clockwise to lock in position, the cable will be at the bottom when it's locked.
View attachment 3721 View attachment 3722

Next connect the trailing socket to the original plug and I then used a cable tie to gather up the cables and tie them to the wire for the horn to stop the control unit flapping about,
View attachment 3724

Replace the cover by inserting the bottom and side then use a fist to punch the top back in.
The nearside is the same except I cable tied to the hose of the washer bottle.

Before and after comparison.
View attachment 3725 View attachment 3726
Very useful indeed thanks for this!

Great upgrade, Not got the van yet and have a garage full of upgrades thanks to the forum :thumbsup:

I bought Philips white vision for the head lights(twin H7) and for the foggy lights. I love that light when driving in rain or snow.

But that guru who designed the area behind the headlight should take a look on how BMW did it in 2003 on the E39 5-series... just saying...

Back