Personal number plates

Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 61 81.3%

• Total voters
When I was a lad in Celtenham there used to be an Austin 1100 with the number plate BOl10K, just checked it, and it's still going, on a Mercedes now though.
1615536139277.png

When I was a lad in Celtenham there used to be an Austin 1100 with the number plate BOl10K, just checked it, and it's still going, on a Mercedes now though.
View attachment 107877
Hard to know which is worth more - the plate or the car. Unfortunately, it is a candidate for rescinding, which they do occasionally. It probably wouldn’t get past the “woke” brigade before release these days and they have withdrawn some very lame plates

There was a lad up the road from me that had DEJ 4Y on a Mk2 Cavalier "back in the day." I half expected that to still be out there somewhere, but a check has shown it last used on a BMW 323, last taxed in 1999. :oops:

I cant remember what happened in the end. I know he wrote to the manager of the band offering it them.

I have the same luck. When I was a teenager one of my friends father had a red drop top E-type. Lost touch with said friend only to bump into him mid 20's. Told me the car had not moved out of the garage for quite a few years. Went to see his father only to be told he had sold it the week before. Such bad timing lol. I would love to have a "barn find".
Oh my good giddy aunt! Double whammy! That’s verging on distressing - so near yet so far

Look at what you have already won...your bully tankards, the teapot and £5 each are safe.....you have 6 darts 3 each and I'm telling you behind the screen is a brand new Talbot Horizon....think carefully ...would you like to gamble..
"Nah bollocks to that Jim well keep the fivers and tea pot" "Keep your crappy car"

I got overtaken by a Rolls on the A1 in the 90's with J80WEN, yes it was ! He was towing a speedboat on his was to the West Midlands
I was clipping along (definitely not dawdling) in the outside lane on the M3 when I saw, in my mirror, a 7-series beemer coming tooling up about half a mile behind me! So, I moved over before he got to me and then read his reg: “L8 BYE”! It did make me smile!

What I don't get is how come some people that have such good taste in vans, have such poor taste when it comes to the number plates they put on them.

Clever! Do you have to drop on a “proper” ref for your MOT?
I do pop a different plate on but only for ease, the font is correct, the horizontal spacing is correct, and there is min 11mm to edge of plate from each digit (as stated in the regulations) touch wood I haven't had any problems, ANPR recognises it as I have found out ! It doesn't make the plate unreadable or purport to be anything else. It gets quite a few smiles.
Im sure somebody will have something to say but I love it.

What I don't get is how come some people that have such good taste in vans, have such poor taste when it comes to the number plates they put on them.
Absolutely! I think it’s disgraceful.

It’s not so much the actual number they put on. For me it’s the need to do illegal spacing that makes me think they look crap.

The G doesn’t look it. To be honest I don’t really understand how that makes it better than a legal font G.
I owe you a pint, Eagle Eyes! Spot on! The “G” isn’t legal - it’s made from a “6”....to give the smooth return rather than the hard return. Every copper who has seen it has said they’d “let it go” as it isn’t a change that tries to make it look other than a “G” and all spacing is correct.

Back