ULEZ Surprise.

Last thing I’ll say on this matter…

Using this logic I could say it’s great you agree with me so much. But I won’t as I can see you don’t.

Worryingly though you seem to be employing the same logic the odd judge will apply in sexual assault cases where if a victim is drunk, and especially if they dressed up for the evening, they were essentially saying it’s OK for dodgy people to do want to them.

I think we can do better.
Rational debate - of which you are demonstrably capable - consists of reasoned arguments. My point was to goad you into justifying your obvious disagreement with my assertion that ULEZ charges are regressive.

Why would you want to goad somebody within a "rational debate" into them saying what you want to hear unless by rational debate you mean shouting at somebody until they give up arguing back and by that inaction appear to agree with your distorted view of the world?
Just saying as your debating style is pretty aggressive for a forum supposedly about VW T6 Transporters.

Why would you want to goad somebody within a "rational debate" into them saying what you want to hear unless by rational debate you mean shouting at somebody until they give up arguing back and by that inaction appear to agree with your distorted view of the world?
Just saying as your debating style is pretty aggressive for a forum supposedly about VW T6 Transporters.
Bad choice of words - illicit elicit :rolleyes: may have been better.

No shouting or aggression BTW, just discussion and disagreement - it's allowed (notwithstanding the risk of crossing the line into politics).

Last edited:
Putting ULEZ on the M4 to Heathrow is purely revenue generation. They know the levels of vehicles using this section. The alternative to get to Heathrow is non viable in terms of cost and time for anyone who lives outside London.
It’s about limiting access like the old bus lane on the M4 to prioritise traffic.

If you are flying and coming out of London you shouldn’t drive anyway. If you are coming into London you should go via t5 ;)

When I'm flying in and out of Heathrow every month I like to use public transport to get home, it keeps my carbon footprint to a minimum.

(I've got to edit this before somebody takes it seriously!)

When I'm flying in and out of Heathrow every month I like to use public transport to get home, it keeps my carbon footprint to a minimum.

I get a limo ;)

• Love
Reactions: CAB

I did it every week for about three months. I had a client who refused to reimburse mileage “to help the environment and get people out of their cars!”

So, being an amenable and compliant type, I used public transport. Station parking, train tickets, overnight in Sofitel at T5, evening meal, every cuppa or Mars Bar I had during the journey…..I billed him every penny….every week for three months!

It transpired that his tree-hugging values were not pre-Greta visionary but had a much more sneaky root!

If it's like my outstanding NIP from the Dartford crossing the process will drag on for months.
A VW Golf registered in Maidstone with the last letter K instead of X has been taken as my Northampton registered T6 camper reg travelling across the bridge at 6:30 pm... I looked up the Golf from the registration shown in their enclosed ANPR picture. :unsure:

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back