Buying a Personalised Number Plate from DVLA

KR.

T6 Guru
I'm after confirmation of the process for putting a personalised plate onto my van. Nothing flash, a nod to my past but in the main it's to "de-age" the van. I've bought a number off the DVLA site. I've got email confirmation saying that I will get a V750. The plate can be fitted to my van, year wise.
I take it the V750 will be a hardcopy mailed to my address? What's next, use the V750 to get the plates made up, then assign the number through the DVLA website using my V5C (assignment fee of £80 already paid), tell the insurance company, fit the plates and off we go?

I take it I then get a new V5C in the post? My MOT isn't until next summer but road tax due in January.

Yes that’s correct. It will be posted to your address. Then all done online. Very simple process. and you get the plates made up from that. Logbook will arrive in around 5-7 days, but they say allow six weeks

Reactions: KR.
Thanks for that, looks like once I have the V750 I take it to get the number plates made, return to house, assign it online, tell the insurance company, then fit the plates. Logbook to arrive in due course.

There is a member on here (apologies, but his name has slipped my mind) who makes Numberplates as a sideline. (His day job is on the oil rigs!) He could make you up a set

Reactions: KR.
Thanks JOG, seen that one. I'm not after anything out the ordinary though.

When I bought mine in February I was able to add it to the bus immediately. Didn’t need to wait for any paperwork in the post.

I was sent a eV498 as a pdf which looks like equivalent to a v750.

I used an online eBay retailer who didn’t ask for any documentation.

Back