Crit'Air question

Pete C

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Bit of an odd one, that I can't find the answer to this online.
We have a yellow Crit'Air sticker for our Euro5 T6, which has a personalised plate.
We will be selling the T6 soon :confused: to get a bigger motorhome :)
We want to put the same reg plate on the new vehicle ultimately, and will need a Crit'Air sticker for that, but of course I will be applying for a Crit'Air sticker for a different vehicle with the same reg- is that going to break the French system ? I can't recall what info I had to provide to get the current sticker.

By coincidence, the sticker for a Euro5 and Euro6 diesel is the same, so I could just move the current yellow sticker over to the new vehicle, but someone in France might look the vehicle up.

Anyone know what happens in the situation I have described above ?

Thanks,

Pete

You have to give a copy of the info in your v5 logbook to get sticker (in an annoying difficult format if I remember correctly) not sure if they can link the reg to the vehicle to the actual sticker though

Is the Critair mandatory? We're going to France but only outside of Paris and haven't been for years. Is the sticker for pollution in cities and would I need one?

It's only for certain cities. We have been to France many times without one.

Pete

You have to give a copy of the info in your v5 logbook to get sticker (in an annoying difficult format if I remember correctly) not sure if they can link the reg to the vehicle to the actual sticker though
I don't recall the format being an issue, HOWEVER file size is so it needs to be a small file which usually means editing it and saving it somehow as photos are usually way to big. Unfortunately they don't give you any errors to explain this.

Is the Critair mandatory? We're going to France but only outside of Paris and haven't been for years. Is the sticker for pollution in cities and would I need one?
Define outside Paris? The zone is here, it is as I understand it effectively the A86 although it only applies on weekdays I beleive.

For the sake of a few euro it wont do you any harm and just in case you chose to go in. You can do it last minute as well as you dont need the coloured sticker, they now give you an electronic one to print and use whilst the actual sticker is posted.

I have driven in it in central Paris with a registered vehicle however forgot to display the sticker and didnt have any issues with that (it was in the glovebox as I have mine stuck to a piece of clear plastic and slot it in place when I am France)

lez-fr-paris.png

On our last two trips to France, we have needed the crit air sticker in the Reims area and Rouen - area around Rouen is massive including most of the major roads. I think Lille is another, so for what it costs, just get a new one. Research also where it needs to go in the vehicle.
That problem I have I've just had the windscreen replaced and made the mistake of sticking it direct to the screen - no way would it come off!

On our last two trips to France, we have needed the crit air sticker in the Reims area and Rouen - area around Rouen is massive including most of the major roads. I think Lille is another, so for what it costs, just get a new one. Research also where it needs to go in the vehicle.
That problem I have I've just had the windscreen replaced and made the mistake of sticking it direct to the screen - no way would it come off!
Yep which is the exact reason that I stuck mine to a piece of plastic that I just slot in when needed. You probably could use the black and white one if they had sent you it electronically.

Did take a pic of it before I attempted to remove - I could print it off?
Does anyone know if they are picked up by cameras or diligent plods on the beat?

Don’t do what I did and put the sticker behind a piece of glass that has limo tints on it, you couldn’t see it and I wasn’t able to remove it without damaging the sticker. :rolleyes:

Did take a pic of it before I attempted to remove - I could print it off?
Does anyone know if they are picked up by cameras or diligent plods on the beat?
My experience suggests it is likely ANPR based on registration and sometimes if you are stopped they would look for sticker etc etc I have driven for a week in and around central Paris with a vehicle that was registered however was not displaying a sticker (it was in the glovebox)

Anyone been fined/charged for not displaying it?? Would I expect a fine in the post maybe?? Been flashed a load of times when I used to go over there in the past and never got anything in the post!

Anyone been fined/charged for not displaying it?? Would I expect a fine in the post maybe?? Been flashed a load of times when I used to go over there in the past and never got anything in the post!
Camera wise since a while after Brexit I think they lost access to the dvla as well I’ve not had any fines from last couple of years from France or Austria.

Emissions I think the sticker means can be stopped on the street etc etc.

we have just recieved our sticker for 2024. file size of the V5 for the application is a real pain to get right but at 4 euro for it, better to have than not i think.

For 2024? They last forever don’t they?
Hi all, yes that is my understanding. Its a one off payment to register the vehicle / number plate into the system.

Regarding file sizes to be submitted, I scanned my V5 using my homer printer scanner straight into my laptop then added the files to the form from there. took about a week to come through.

As has been pointed out, after fixing the sticker in place at the bottom right hand side corner of the screen, in front of the driver, it will NEVER come off again!! At least, not in one piece! Best stick it to a piece of clear plastic then stick that in the correct place.

For the sake of 4 euros it is well worth it. The French Gendarmerie are not known for the sympathy and understanding towards Brits who have made an innocent mistake, particularly if there is a fine to be paid!!

Back