OEM Webasto Auxiliary Heater To Parking Heater Upgrade

The maximum available

air_blower_adapt_a.png

Wow, for sure i would have hope that parameter had such high upper limit, which, by the way, it makes things easier for w
Well, a challenge might be that the Webasto does not even turn on if coolant is too warm...

Yeah.. definitely... i remember seen other similar parameters very near to 90 degrees what is the colaant temp should remain constant.. i will take a look and try to test with that in case i see them...

Again @mmi , masively thank you for involving in this thing...

Cheers

Reactions: mmi
Maybe one of these:

IDE06690-MAS05067-Auxil. heat control parameters-Upper temperature threshold for control pause86 °C11
IDE06690-MAS05062-Auxil. heat control parameters-Lower temperature threshold: coolant temperature via CAN72 °C11
IDE06690-MAS05063-Auxil. heat control parameters-Upper temperature threshold: coolant temperature via CAN88 °C11
IDE06690-MAS05064-Auxil. heat control parameters-Lower temperature threshold for partial load after full load75 °C11
IDE06690-MAS05065-Auxil. heat control parameters-Lower temperature threshold for starting from control pause76 °C11
IDE06690-MAS05066-Auxil. heat control parameters-Upper temperature threshold for full load after partial load80 °C11
IDE06690-MAS05067-Auxil. heat control parameters-Upper temperature threshold for control pause86 °C11
IDE06690-MAS05068-Auxil. heat control parameters-Temperature threshold for control mode78 °C11
IDE06691-MAS05064-Parking heat control parameters-Lower temperature threshold for partial load after full load60 °C7
IDE06691-MAS05065-Parking heat control parameters-Lower temperature threshold for starting from control pause64 °C7
IDE06691-MAS05066-Parking heat control parameters-Upper temperature threshold for full load after partial load80 °C7
IDE06691-MAS05067-Parking heat control parameters-Upper temperature threshold for control pause86 °C7
IDE06691-MAS05068-Parking heat control parameters-Temperature threshold for control mode

I think some are like "starting from cold" in another "starting with the engine already warm" in partial load..? Not sure how interpret all these, i guess "control pause " ones would need to be high as well, not 215 but 90-100 at least,

Hello guys,

I hope you all are doing great.

Just wondering, have tried to switch on the parking heater ( with remote) when the engine is more or less at workin temp?

For example, after a short-medium ride, try to star the thermo top with the remote.
What is the behavior of it?
Does it switch on?
Or just recirculate the coolant until it drops the temp and then the webasto start in order to keep the coolant warm..?

I guess this questions ca be answered too by people who has more parking heater more than 30 minutes running

Thanksin advanced
Miguel

Yes, the heater fires up - after a short drive (approx. <10 mins).
Thanks mmi for your response ( as always :D)
After a shor medium drive, lets suppose the coolant is at 90 degrees. Then you stop and you want to take a warmly nup :), if you switch on the webasto, does it star despite been coolant at 90 degrees and it keeps on the time programmed (e.g 30 min)

Cheers

Thanks mmi for your response ( as always :D)
After a shor medium drive, lets suppose the coolant is at 90 degrees. Then you stop and you want to take a warmly nup :), if you switch on the webasto, does it star despite been coolant at 90 degrees and it keeps on the time programmed (e.g 30 min)

Cheers
Well, parking heater functionality starts = cabin blower starts. However, the heater itself doesn't necessarily fire up right away - but eventually it will - depends what temperature setting the HVAC has, cabin temperature, etc
The programmed time stays - even it's +30C outside.

Well, parking heater functionality starts = cabin blower starts. However, the heater itself doesn't necessarily fire up right away - but eventually it will - depends what temperature setting the HVAC has, cabin temperature, etc
The programmed time stays - even it's +30C outside.
Well... that is good news anyway because i guess the heater wont start heating the coolant which is supposed to be already hot but it will start the coolant pump, which is goal.
I will need to test the use if case putting this parameter to the at 120 degrees this parameter to see if the blower does not start.

497ED113-610F-41F6-8C77-C25BA45A13F2.png

Cant wait to receive the kit and test.

Thanks mmi
Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Can confirm the cause. Disconnected my overhead timer panel - and as expected the same fault as above.
Did some coding experiments, however I didn't remove the "6E" from CANbus installation list.
Run basically through all the version codings + a few "unknowns" by changing the coding and then clearing the fault.
5800 = my current working coding, v1​
5808 (byte 1, bit 3)​
D800 (byte 0, bit 7)​
5810 v2​
5820 v3​
5830 v4​
5840 v5​
5850 v6​
5880 v1 + (byte 1, bit 7)​
5890 v2​
58A0 v3​
58B0 v4​
58C0 v5​
58D0 v6​
No luck with any of the above...:cry: - your turn now ;)
Hi @Robert, hi forum
i'm quite newbe here. Several days ago, i installed T91 to my T6/2019, my OEM webasto was installed and P/N is 7E0907047AF. it was added Telestart T91 3Q0963513A and remote control. Webasto and remote work well, i've checked car with VCDS and finally found fault in 18 block, the same as you got. I don't have overhead control panel.

0266 - Databus
U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
[TIMEOUT mDachdisplay]

Please do me a favor, explain how using VCDS i can code and remove that fault. Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi @Robert, hi forum
i'm quite newbe here. Several days ago, i installed T91 to my T6/2019, my OEM webasto was installed and P/N is 7E0907047AF. it was added Telestart T91 3Q0963513A and remote control. Webasto and remote work well, i've checked car with VCDS and finally found fault in 18 block, the same as you got. I don't have overhead control panel.

0266 - Databus
[TIMEOUT mDachdisplay]

Please do me a favor, explain how using VCDS i can code and remove that fault. Many thanks
Hi and welcome to the T6Forum!

Unfortunately there is no coding which would remove this fault for standard T6 heater. By installing the overhead controller the fault clears.

However, not knowing what's the exact heater type and how your van is exactly configured so can only assume yours is the same (as mine).
To be sure please post full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan of your van.

Hi and welcome to the T6Forum!

Unfortunately there is no coding which would remove this fault for standard T6 heater. By installing the overhead controller the fault clears.

However, not knowing what's the exact heater type and how your van is exactly configured so can only assume yours is the same (as mine).
To be sure please post full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan of your van.
Got it. Yes, will do once switch my VCDS from RU to ENG ver.

Hello guys,

Yesterday, i flashed the Webasto unit and installed the cable. i am waiting for the receiver to arrive. I did it using VCP

Before
IMG_1719.JPEG

After
IMG_1720.JPEG

VCDS
IMG_1721.JPEG

Known error after flashing (No roof display yet)

Code:
1 Fault Found

0266 - Databus
          [TIMEOUT mDachdisplay]
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 101
                    Mileage: 198870 km
                    Date: 2064.14.30
                    Time: 20:02:01

Parking heater: operating condition: OFF
                    Coolant temperature of parking heater: 14 °C
                    Coolant temperature: 13 °C
                    Engine running status: not detected
                    Fuel level: 71 l
                    Heating performance: 0 W
I managed turning it on with the option "Turning on for customer service" (more or less).

Webasto switched on and heat the coolant 50 degrees in 10 minutes. The cabin blowe did NOT turn on although the temp engine coolant was rapidly raising. I havent done the coding yet (4101 to 5001 i think)

Is it expected when using this option?

After 15 minutes more or less the coolant temp and the pparking heater coolant temp was almost similar.

I guess, webasto has its own temp sensor and the other one is the oem (showing the temp in the dashboard)?
IMG_1722.JPEG

Last edited:
Hmm... not sure if it's to run only the heater itself - not to trigger the Climatronic .
Isn't there in "Output tests" a test to run the cabin blower?

Yes, indeed there is a option there to turn on the cabin blower although i havent tested it as i tried to make the whole thing work without luck... :(

I have flashed the Webasto, installed the cable with the receiver and paired the transmiter with the receiver... but... i think my van is not detected the receiver. See below
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 9.01.45 PM (1).jpeg
I
have tried several several coding in the VCDS with no luck neither...

I had the coding 4101.

I have tried with 5001 and 5101 but it doesnt work.

Also, i have tried with %D01 with according to the coding helper, it only set the Remote control installed,RF transmitter without display
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 9.01.45 PM.jpeg

Also... i dont know if the remote is correctly paired with the receiver. when pressing of by 2 sec more or less red light blinks 4 times and if i press the on button the green light blinks again four time but... nothing happens...

attached full autoscan of the module..

what am i missing guys?

Thanks in advanced
Miguel

Attachments

• blockmap-18-7E0-963-272-B_WV2ZZZ7HZGH141107-20220128-2019.CSV
    11.5 KB · Views: 11
  • blockmap-18-7E0-963-272-B_WV2ZZZ7HZGH141107-20220128-2020.CSV
    8.1 KB · Views: 7
Also... i dont know if the remote is correctly paired with the receiver. when pressing of by 2 sec more or less red light blinks 4 times and if i press the on button the green light blinks again four time but... nothing happens...
It's not paired -

Either by VCDS or

Remote sync/learning:

1. Verify the remote: press OFF ▷ blinking red light on the remote.
2. Power OFF the controller (5Q0963513A or 3Q0963513) for at least 5 seconds. OEM setup fuse SC54 (7.5A)
3. Power ON the controller.
4. After approx. 2 seconds (but before 6 secs) press OFF on the remote for 2 seconds.
5. Verify by pressing OFF again ▷ steady red light on the remote.

Please post from Auto-Scan the section: Address 18 - Aux. Heater

Both codings 5001 or 5101 will work.

Remote operation verification by VCDS

Last edited:
It's not paired -

Either by VCDS or

Remote sync/learning:

1. Verify the remote: press OFF ▷ blinking red light on the remote.
2. Power OFF the controller (5Q0963513A or 3Q0963513) for at least 5 seconds. OEM setup fuse SC54 (7.5A)
3. Power ON the controller.
4. After approx. 2 seconds (but before 6 secs) press OFF on the remote for 2 seconds.
5. Verify by pressing OFF again ▷ steady red light on the remote.
Ahhhhhhg i have tried that method ten times at least... i have the signal cable connected and + and ground to the leisure battery. I have disconnected the cable to the receiver, wait, connect it and then press OFF button before 6 seconds... is it enough unplugging the receiver...?

Please post from Auto-Scan the section: Address 18 - Aux. Heater
I think a have put it in my previous post... is there anything wrong with them mmi?

Both codings 5001 or 5101 will work.

I have tried both but i guess the issue is with the paring...

Thanks

Ahhhhhhg i have tried that method ten times at least... i have the signal cable connected and + and ground to the leisure battery. I have disconnected the cable to the receiver, wait, connect it and then press OFF button before 6 seconds... is it enough unplugging the receiver...?
Yes, just the receiver module.
I think a have put it in my previous post... is there anything wrong with them mmi?
Both were blockmap files.

This is what I meant - we should now see the remote receiver there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)
Part No SW: 7E0 963 272 B HW: 7E0 963 272 B
Component: STH-T5GP2 003 0009
Coding: 5901

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 3Q0 963 513 HW: 3Q0 963 513
Component: R64 D208L 004 0402

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried both but i guess the issue is with the paring...
Yes, unless they are paired nothing happens.

Yes, unless they are paired nothing happens.
Yeah, definitely the issue was in the paring of the receiver and the remote. I tried a couple more times and now the light blinks for about 4 sec and the heater starts!
Thank you very much for all the help, expertise And support to the f*** master @mmi

Also, i have tried setting the configuration you suggested tu avoid cabin blower to switch on and it is working. Webssto has heat the coolant up to 80 degrees and cabin blower has not started. Also, at this temp, webasto stopped as i think is one of the upper limit values. What it still interesting is the webasto recirc pump keeps on which for me it is mandatory as this pump will take coolant through the heater exchanger to heat the tank water. I need to test if when colant reaching the lower limit value (i think it is 60 degrees), it will star itself heating until reaching the 80 again and try to keep this loop.

1643440840439.png

i will keep ypu posted with the updates and once i had everythin finished, i will take photos and do a post.

thanks
!iguel

I tried a couple more times and now the light blinks for about 4 sec and the heater starts!
Excellent :thumbsup: -

If you now check your blockmap data - the pairing is registered in there... (below the old data from your earlier post)

IDE06649-MAS02398​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 1
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS02399​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 2
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS02400​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 3
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS02401​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 4
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS05048​
Wireless transmitter-Number of transmitters adapted
0​

All components installed and powered up, signal wire connected to red plug, just need some one in the Grimsby / Scunthorpe area kind enough to flash my heater for me.

If you now check your blockmap data - the pairing is registered in there... (below the old data from your earlier post)

IDE06649-MAS02398​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 1
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS02399​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 2
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS02400​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 3
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS02401​
Wireless transmitter-ID sensor 4
00 00 00​
IDE06649-MAS05048​
Wireless transmitter-Number of transmitters adapted
0​

Wonderful, I will check it this noon.

Another thing @mmi or anyone of you

I have seen in other posts of this thread the receiver has an output of +12V it the pin 3 when the webasto is turn on. In my context, that is extremly helpful as it would start the temperature control of the water tank.
I just wondering, do you know if the overhead panel has anythin similar? a 12V output in one of its pins when the webasto is on...?

Thanks!

Back