My T6 spec - work in progress

@Bearreds get her to drive/park yours in a private car park, away from everyone on a Sunday afternoon, then take a test drive, after all it is "only" 40cm longer, and put the camera and sensors on it front and back. Bear in mind I'm used to a Jumbo, but worth not just dismissing it.

The 6 speed box is a must for motorway driving. Engine can be kept at just over 2200rpm doing 80. Just purring.

@Bearreds get her to drive/park yours in a private car park, away from everyone on a Sunday afternoon, then take a test drive, after all it is "only" 40cm longer, and put the camera and sensors on it front and back. Bear in mind I'm used to a Jumbo, but worth not just dismissing it.
Going to put her in it this weekend to try it out again .
I know she's not going to want to drive it every day for work etc , i then see it sitting on the drive and her having a little run around ( mini etc ) to use instead !
Not a bad thing but is it an expensive waste only beening used at weekends and on camping trips when I drive it . Oh and the extra costs of another vehicle.

25 pootling about at the moment but only done 1800 getting up to 38 on the motorway
My 180 is doing 29mpg on 20000 miles driving like miss daisy and sticking to the speed limits. Bit better on a run but not much .
Does anyone know if the Euro 6 engines are any more fuel efficient than the 5 s are ? know there meant to be but I read some where that someone's 150 was worst than my 180 . ....!!!!!

My 180 is doing 29mpg on 20000 miles driving like miss daisy and sticking to the speed limits. Bit better on a run but not much .
Does anyone know if the Euro 6 engines are any more fuel efficient than the 5 s are ? know there meant to be but I read some where that someone's 150 was worst than my 180 . ....!!!!!
Think about getting it mapped , mines a 180 DSG and averaging 36.2 on my MFD 2 and can easily get 40 mpg on the motorway at 70 mph .

@Bearreds just to throw another spanner in the works..... T32 is the same MOT class as a T28/T30 when the logbook is changed to camper on V5, but still retains the cheaper N1 road fund licence!

It may be the same class - although I have heard different people saying different things - but it can still be more difficult to get the MOT done if your local station isn't equipped.
Due to the different weight classes, the legal, tested weight limit for a lot of vehicle ramps is 3000kg and so they may not want to put a 3200kg vehicle on their ramp. If so, you'll need to find a commercial MOT station that has higher rated ramps.

Think about getting it mapped , mines a 180 DSG and averaging 36.2 on my MFD 2 and can easily get 40 mpg on the motorway at 70 mph .
I have 2 yrs manufactures warranty left so don't really want to be doing something yet !
But please tell me a little more about how this works . I think I understand that it can be remapped to go faster or slower to be more efficient, is this right ??

It may be the same class - although I have heard different people saying different things - but it can still be more difficult to get the MOT done if your local station isn't equipped.
Due to the different weight classes, the legal, tested weight limit for a lot of vehicle ramps is 3000kg and so they may not want to put a 3200kg vehicle on their ramp. If so, you'll need to find a commercial MOT station that has higher rated ramps.
That was my Initial thoughts , my local mot garage where I have all my work done would not be able to do this so it's off to a commercial mot station !

Yes, but it's still a car mot, they just need the brake rollers and ramp able to cope with 3.2tonne, it's still a class 4 MOT, and cost.

@Chopman I KNOW this, as I went for the MOT course, and have a mate who is a tester, plus I run a 3.5t transit and have been looking at horse boxes. There are plenty of people who say different things, and who basically blow smoke, just visit an mot station or speak to VOSA. It's no harder to get it tested than a t28/30.

I had my last t32 kombi mot done as class 4 ,tester said windows and seats ,duel purpose .Year after it went to a different garage they just did class 4 again

I'm about to start the process of ordering a T6 in the next couple of months, my question is what is the difference in length between the LWB & SWB internally ?..... as it will be used as a camper.
Thanks in advance.

@Caulkhead cant remember exactly, think it's 40cm, a set of draws, but park lwb and swab next to each other and look in boot (hatch is best) and as the missus says, a little goes a long way!

@Caulkhead the answer according to the VW Brochure is .........400mm or 40cm. Give @T6 Dave a coconut :thumbsup::whistle::whistle: Extra length gives more room than you imagine, hence the advice for side-by-side comparison which is best demonstrated with the Kombi as you will notice the additional space behind the second row of seats.

Last edited:
Back