My T6 spec - work in progress

Thinking I was almost ready to order the t6 and now noticed they have removed 6 speed manual 204ps. Only the 150ps available in manual as 204 are now dsg only

I see comfort dash is back in the configurator too.
My car is a dsg / stronic... nothing against them but prefer a manual so may go for the 150 now unless I can get a 204 one still

Popped to my local Vw dealer today to talk about my list and now awaiting on a quote.

He said ignore the configurator it's often wrong. So back the to 204 manual, also had a look at the comfort dash.

Now awaiting on a price but I know he won't be as competitive as what I've had so far from one of the fleet buying companies.

Did sound like there's quite a delay in delivery time for what I wanted

Well I've ordered it! Now to wait 16 weeks!

Final spec I went with was:

Transporter T6 2.0 BITDI 204ps
Highline Kombi
4 Motion
Manual
SWB
T32

Metallic Indium Grey
Differential Lock
80 Litre fuel tank
Additional dust seal outside
Swiveling drive and single passenger seats
Heated driver and front passenger seat
Cab carpet
Power Latching tailgate
Power latching sliding door (sliding door on passenger side only)
2 seater bench on drivers side and individual seat with easy entry on passenger side
LED Tail lights
LED headlights with LED daytime running light and tail light and heated headlamp
Front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera
washer system which is required when added
Electrically adjustable, heated and folding door mirrors
2 USB Interfaces IPod + Aux-in jack - 2 usb
Composition media radio with 6.33 in touchscreen
App connect
Comfort dash
Child lock for sliding doors in passenger compartment

@Keaney nice spec, you should be very happy with that. :D Now you can start planning your customization such as lineout and soundproofing with insulation, roof rails, sidebars, blinds etc to suit your intended usage of your T. :thumbsup::whistle::whistle:

@Keaney nice spec, you should be very happy with that. :D Now you can start planning your customization such as lineout and soundproofing with insulation, roof rails, sidebars, blinds etc to suit your intended usage of your T. :thumbsup::whistle::whistle:

Yeah, thinking it will probably need lowering first... maybe some alloys. Then next year a conversion so will be looking about for recommendations. Sort of know what I want from it and considering carbon interior pieces

@Keaney there a couple of Trade Members on the Forum that do conversions and many members who can give you the benefit of their experience. I know that @Thogg is very pleased with the job that @slidepods did for him and is covered by many photos on a dedicated discussion. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You should look around the site and canvas views as a satisfied customer is always a good starting point. :whistle::x3:

@Keaney there a couple of Trade Members on the Forum that do conversions and many members who can give you the benefit of their experience. I know that @Thogg is very pleased with the job that @slidepods did for him and is covered by many photos on a dedicated discussion. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You should look around the site and canvas views as a satisfied customer is always a good starting point. :whistle::x3:
Thanks! I've seen the slide pods... not sure if it's what I'd want but will definitely be looking about.

Highline Kombi
4 Motion
Manual
SWB
T32

Metallic Indium Grey
Differential Lock
80 Litre fuel tank
Cab carpet
Power Latching tailgate
2 seater bench on drivers side and individual seat with easy entry on passenger side
LED Tail lights
LED headlights with LED daytime running light and tail light and heated headlamp
App connect
Comfort dash
Top spec there, never seen heated headlamps is that real?

Thanks! I've seen the slide pods... not sure if it's what I'd want but will definitely be looking about.

Hi @Keaney we have lots of customers who don't actually have or want slidepods. Quite often people come to us for SCA roof, electrics, lining, heating, speakers, soundproofing, floor, swivels and curtains, RIB bed then fit an evo kitchen themselves.
To be honest I have been thinking about releasing a traditional style camper for a while now. Personally I wouldnt want one for myself but just fancy designing one to see what I could come up with.

Highline Kombi
4 Motion
Manual
SWB
T32

Metallic Indium Grey
Differential Lock
80 Litre fuel tank
Cab carpet
Power Latching tailgate
LED Tail lights
App connect
Comfort dash
Really Nice Spec, I think I have got all the bits you've spaced up there on my Vel Exec, and I can honestly say, if your budget can stretch that far, go for it you will not regret if for a minute. Oh and to get real value from it, hold onto it, and avoid p/x(ing) too soon. I think 10-12 years is a minimum to hang to a van like yours:thumbsup::):thumbsup:. I did loads of research on the rear axel diff lock, and went for it. Today I notice the brand new LR Discovery is boasting "now available with active locking rear diff"; if LR think its worth it, it probably is. Also given that our vans only have half the suspension travel of a LR disco, we will get even more value from it should we venture off road and it gets really rutty.:thumbsup: Nice One

Yeah the plan is to sort a few things out on it and then keep for a long time with a view that I'd only change if if a lwb was needed.

What mod to do first then... got to be lowering a little, contemplating a air kit

I think air is the ultimate, but I'm guessing at £4k+ so its a big decision.
If you are lowering it, truly for aesthetics, because it looks under-rubbered; you can always consider wheel spacers, and larger tyres (width and/or diameter). That improves the look no end, without compromising off-toad ability or axel travel/comfort on rough roads.:thumbsup:

Gutting just heard from my broker it sounds like VW are clamping down and the order might not go through! Hopefully it might still work out but would mean going back to square one!

Anyone else had issues with brokers?

Back