My T6 spec - work in progress

Cracking spec. :thumbsup: I got the 150, wish gone for 204. I would add the 'Heated windscreen washer nozzles with fluid level indicator'

Kev
They are standard with the led headlights I believe and seems like adding them can charge you more when it's already standard with them

I thought they were an option, at least they were when I got mine but then it's now a ancient 14 months old!

@Keaney spot on you getting included. :thumbsup: There no real definitive list of all options and configurations available. I lost trust in dealer after they ballsed up my order twice o_O Still listed as an option but as u say no point paying twice.

Kev

Heated headlight washer are standard on euro 6 with LED headlight option. Cost of washers were deleted of my final invoice.

Cool thanks everyone... so decision time:

Swb or Lwb
150 or 204

Time to read up some more :eek:

@Keaney , good luck, I'm sure that whatever one you go for, you will enjoy:thumbsup: I would just advise you to look in the back of a lwb and a swb side by side as it were, and maybe test drive them both.:thumbsup:

The difference in size is around 0.9 of a cubic metre. So with a pop roof it will only be more....

Also right in thinking that a kombi t32 will mean a vehicle class if N1 on the v5 document?

@Keaney , yep, if you have a kombi it's multi use so higher speed limits when seats are in the back, van when not. Cheaper road tax as N1, stays same tax if converted to camper. There's a thread ref speed limits, read through as it's involved so suggest start at the beginning :thumbsup::whistle: Also suggest you look up the new road tax changes.. Hope all this helps :eek::D:thumbsup::whistle::whistle:

Last edited:
Oh one last consideration, I'd go for the T32, as with everything on board and family, it gives you the extra 200kg of load capacity. Something to consider if converting to camper or day van. The extra space in lwb helps in this area as well, especially on a long trip.

I went out in the snow the other day and experimented with the diff lock. Parked on a steep section of ice/frozen snow to test the traction. Two wheels spun when I tried to move but once the diff lock was on it pulled away very nicely. It's the only extra I have on my van as I don't care for silly bars on the side which do bugger all. Get the diff lock if you're buying a 4motion. It works very well.

I went out in the snow the other day and experimented with the diff lock. Parked on a steep section of ice/frozen snow to test the traction. Two wheels spun when I tried to move but once the diff lock was on it pulled away very nicely. It's the only extra I have on my van as I don't care for silly bars on the side which do bugger all. Get the diff lock if you're buying a 4motion. It works very well.
That's good to hear, I think for how much it is it's worth getting

Heated headlight washer are standard on euro 6 with LED headlight option. Cost of washers were deleted of my final invoice.

What about 'Heated windscreen washer nozzles with fluid level indicator' are they part of LED upgrade, good wee option for the money if not.

Kev

Having read it in brief, thought has struck me,that if the brakes are applied to stop both wheels spinning on the front, then you are pushing against a front "handbrake"
This is where a centre "diff lock", and not an axle lock would come in, so you would not need to stop the front wheels to avoid the wasted effort going to the spinning wheels.

Having read the vw bit, it would seem I'm thinking right, as it does away with the front/rear axle speed compensation.

Not sure that I have explained what I'm thinking well, as suffering at the moment, as I say, worth looking into.:thumbsdown::thumbsup::whistle::whistle:
Hmm, not sure that is my understanding, although TBF I have not read all the documentation.

There would not be a situation where you were pushing against a front brake, because as soon as the rotational speed of both axles was the same, the brakes would be released and you would be back to all 4 wheels driving

To work properly on a permanent 4wd vehicle there would need to be diff locks on both axles, plus a centre diff lock so that any individual wheel would be stopped spinning, and neither axle would be able to spin. 4motion is not a permanent 4WD system technically as its a Haldex clutch so there is no actual differential box linking front and back axles. The diff lock option on the T6 only provides a diff lock on the rear axle according to the brochure, so the system would still be relying on the EDL function for front and centre locking duties

With the rapid improvement of capabilities of electronics in vehicles, you wonder if the days of actual physical diff locks are numbered in anything other than very high performance cars and dedicated off road vehicles, especially as the mechanical versions are heavy and costly

The system never applies the brakes to the wheels on the same axel at the same time it alternates them VW call it electronic difflock.

What about 'Heated windscreen washer nozzles with fluid level indicator' are they part of LED upgrade, good wee option for the money if not.

Kev

I have them on mine and i think its all part of the LED package on the euro 6 model. Worth asking to confirm tho.

Welcome @Keaney Just a quick thing on the new euro 6 engines as there are few on here now with a few miles on and in general it looks like the 204 version is doing the best every one seems very happy with it and the fuel MPG considering its a bi-turbo. As for the 150ps which i have ,so far they are not returning good MPG for the engine size ( (30mpg short journeys ) If i had the extra funds i would have gone for the 204ps anyway.
@StudleyGlass ,not sure my 204 is that good on fuel ,I had to look under the bonnet to see if it had an R32 v6 sat there only got 350 miles out of £70 last week thought that was shite .

Hmm so if it's useless, how come in the real world test on snow & ice the button got the vehicle moving? I think there is more to the system than is understood by most. If I was in the market, I'd have it as a just in case, but then that's just me, I think my defender is crap, and want a "proper 4x4" namely a Unimog! But again, that's just me:uh run:

Hmm so if it's useless, how come in the real world test on snow & ice the button got the vehicle moving? I think there is more to the system than is understood by most. If I was in the market, I'd have it as a just in case, but then that's just me, I think my defender is crap, and want a "proper 4x4" namely a Unimog! But again, that's just me:uh run:
Should come as standard. Tested it in a muddy field too and it worked a treat.

Back