My T6 spec - work in progress

Nightmare like! I've told the broker to try a few things but to be honest might just bite the bullet as it means different spec and after months of waiting I'm pretty set on it now!

Will however be on auto trader later haha

Gutting just heard from my broker it sounds like VW are clamping down and the order might not go through! Hopefully it might still work out but would mean going back to square one!

Anyone else had issues with brokers?

Audi announced that they are hardening their attitude towards their suppliers as well, to ensure that suppliers have sufficient funds to supply goods without any problems, obviously this is going to be the VAG group and from both sides such as their buying and sales, so brokers are going to be hit first I guess

My concern was going to things like goodwood or f1 where the ground can become terrible with rainfall and tractors pulling them out.

Also speaking to Grizz at Unit20 he highly advised go to get it if going off-road which I wouldn't do as crazy as he does but considering the extra cost seemed ok to add on

Martin def knows his onions :thumbsup:

Meeting with VW on Monday and hoping to meet somewhere in the middle between the broker and the dealers original price.

Wondering if i should change it to a T30 as i hear they can go lower on air and also means a better selection on alloys but i do want to convert it to a camper van so its close to the limits i think.

So maybe sticking with the 204 manual but a T30 instead.

BALLS! Just looking at the specs again and the T6 Kombi Highline 4motion manual 204 has a payload under 1tonne so wouldn't go through as a van. Looks like i may need to drop to a 150ps

This is why I'm (all being well) picking up a 4motion today in panel van form. Got back window already. Gonna put seats and side windows in later.

I'll be converting to a camper so have considered a panel van or the panel van with window but is there not loads of other stuff you would miss out on compared to the kombi?

No air vents anymore in t6 through front doors like on t5 kombi. Highline panel van still has alarm and just got it back, Well smooth and refined compared to startline t5. If converting a panel van likely better anyway. Better finish around windows (carpet tucked in before fitting them.) there is apparently some more metal in a kombi purely for seat belt mounts. Of no benefit if belts are part of r&r bed anyway.

Right heres the new spec!

Transporter Panel van Highline.
T32 Panel van Highline SWB EU6 204 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 6sp Manual 4MOTION
Indium Grey Metallic
Interior: Titanium Black/Titanium Black-Moon Rock Grey/Black
17" Devonport alloy wheels for 3,200kg gross vehicle weight vehicles

Options
  • LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
  • Folding wing mirrors; power adjustable and power folding - Not colour coded as i’ll be getting these done in Carbon
  • Tailgate with window
  • Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
  • Rubber floor covering in passenger/load compartment with loading edge protection rear with step illumination
  • App Connect
  • Carpet flooring in cab
  • Differential lock
  • Fuel tank with a volume of 80l
  • Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
  • Power latching for passenger side sliding door
  • Power latching for tailgate
  • Additional load compartment ventilation (baker slots) on D-pillar
  • Rear heated window with window wiper and washer system
  • Tailgate lock with electric locking / release via remote
  • Heated driver and front passenger seats - heated bench and driver seat
  • 2 remote control folding keys
  • Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level indicator
  • Half-height bulkhead - dont really need it but its free
  • 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone), and AUX-IN jack
  • Second maintenance free battery with cut off relay - this seemed expensive on the Kombi and a good price on the panel van

Just need to wait for the quote now

Don't forget the additional dust seal for £30..... best value accessory going!!

Also I have indium grey wanted blackberry. Indium grey by the looks of it is the most common t6 colour like silver t5s. If I had choice I'd get chestnut or something a little different...

I have a order number and a build week of 29!

Hopefully it won't move around after that but how long does it normally take from build to delivery as I'm lining up a detailer after some extra pieces are added

Thanks

Back