Hey guys, my caravelle should be with me this Wednesday fingers crossed.
Need help where to look? I want to do some engine upgrades, not really for performance but to make it sound great. As iv said iv got the petrol 204 upgrade and looking for websites or product names for anything from exhausts, air filters to even dump valves that would fit my van

Just ordered a 150 petrol manual after an impressive test drive with a 204 dsg - bored of my lazy 180 dsg diesel (I drive a lot of open A & B roads - mostly short journeys) - although didn't get around to remapping it.

The petrol 150hp turns into 300HP after a remap and will leave any diesel standing as it runs out of puff with a much better soundtrack with a nice exhaust especially - torque only slightly less (423nm) but it's the HP that means you get somewhere faster.

Here's what PP Tuning do to a petrol:

Pp Tuning - Pendle Performance Dyno agent.

Last edited:
Revo go to 280 ish Stage 1 (software) - 380 ish stage 3 (hardware)!

It's well know and capable engine as used in high performance VAG cars for some time apprently: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=627545

The ideal high torque petrol engine to use at a sensible setting (especially in the case of the 150 which is no different to the 204) to not outdo the more expensive diesel twin turbo maybe?

Just ordered a 150 petrol manual after an impressive test drive with a 204 dsg - bored of my lazy 180 dsg diesel (I drive a lot of open A & B roads - mostly short journeys) - although didn't get around to remapping it.

The petrol 150hp turns into 300HP after a remap and will leave any diesel standing as it runs out of puff with a much better soundtrack with a nice exhaust especially - torque only slightly less (423nm) but it's the HP that means you get somewhere faster.

Here's what PP Tuning do to a petrol:

Pp Tuning - Pendle Performance Dyno agent.
I would be down to PP tomorrow if I could but it's too far from me. I'm in West Sussex. Know any place down this way that can do the same? Just got my petrol 204 last Friday. Love it

I would be down to PP tomorrow if I could but it's too far from me. I'm in West Sussex. Know any place down this way that can do the same? Just got my petrol 204 last Friday. Love it

Unfortunately I'm in a similar position, I'm down in Poole and it looks like I'll have to travel up there to get it fitted.

How does it sound?
Not to bad as it's petrol. It's got a good humm and a bit of a swish from the turbo but not over the top. They actually said that even having it completely off from the cat it was a very quiet engine considering, so it literally as a straight pipe back to a very small silencer at the rear.

Back