Leeroy33

RIP
T6 Pro
Hi guys. I ordered my petrol van back in October and is nearly here. I'm disabled and am having it converted to allow me to drive it from my manual wheelchair so to say the least it's going to be unique, also I plan to take it one step further and get airride and nice wheels. As it's getting close to being ready ( at last) I wanted to take you through the transformation.

The vehicle was made to my spec about 3 months ago but a company called GM Coachworks have had it since then doing what they call a stage one conversion, which in large means lowering the floor for greater head room, fitting a retractable lift under the side of the van ( I will be taking this off at somepoint to allow me lower it to the ground and I'll use Ramps to get in the side) setting up removable front seats etc.

Iv just been down to gm Coachworks on the 25th Feb 2018 to get my fitting for stage 2 where I saw my lovely new vw for the first time. Stage 2 which is to do things like hand controls, lock down system for my wheelchair should take a few weeks And I'll have it home with me yay, it's gunna change my life being able to get out and about again. Here are a few picks so far and I'll keep you updated.

It's all looking great, the petrol upgraded engine sounds so nice I was so surprised when I turned the key, sounded really beefy.

Iv already got a privet number plate that I love and will share with you at a later date.

As I said I will be putting airride on and nice wheels in the coming months, I have it all picked out ready to go.

Good to see you’ve picked the best colour @Leeroy33. You’d best be prepared for your wallet to take a beating hanging around here :D

Fantastic transformation, glad it will make such a difference for you.

The van looks superb. I bet you’re itching to get going in it. Happy times ahead. :thumbsup:

The van looks superb. I bet you’re itching to get going in it. Happy times ahead. :thumbsup:
I can't wait im so excited, it's gonna be the longest 2 weeks, I think I'm just as exited thou to start getting the airride done and shine awesome wheels put on.

Looks great, in the best colour too!

My in-laws have a T5.1 180 DSG adapted for a passenger wheelchair, it's got electric doors, electric tailgate air suspension etc.

Always tempted to steal a few bits off it to pimp up my van ;)

(Joke!) :D

Its only been 4 days since I saw my caravelle and is felt like 2 weeks already. The hardest part was I had to give them my wheelchair for the 2 weeks so im using my spare chair which is so shit I'm basically stuck inside, my dog is not happy!

Looks great, in the best colour too!

My in-laws have a T5.1 180 DSG adapted for a passenger wheelchair, it's got electric doors, electric tailgate air suspension etc.

Always tempted to steal a few bits off it to pimp up my van ;)

(Joke!) :D
Haha do it! Yes same here, it's got the electric doors and tailgate which can open and shut with a button on the dash. So handy. The disability company do the option of airride but it's quite a bland one so I decided to do it after I have the van. It's risky as I plan to remove the underfloor lift otherwise it really couldn't go that low, I'll just use a ramp to get in and out. Hopefully won't be too hard if I can't get the van to the floor

Hi guys. I ordered my petrol van back in October and is nearly here. I'm disabled and am having it converted to allow me to drive it from my manual wheelchair so to say the least it's going to be unique, also I plan to take it one step further and get airride and nice wheels. As it's getting close to being ready ( at last) I wanted to take you through the transformation.

The vehicle was made to my spec about 3 months ago but a company called GM Coachworks have had it since then doing what they call a stage one conversion, which in large means lowering the floor for greater head room, fitting a retractable lift under the side of the van ( I will be taking this off at somepoint to allow me lower it to the ground and I'll use Ramps to get in the side) setting up removable front seats etc.

Iv just been down to gm Coachworks on the 25th Feb 2018 to get my fitting for stage 2 where I saw my lovely new vw for the first time. Stage 2 which is to do things like hand controls, lock down system for my wheelchair should take a few weeks And I'll have it home with me yay, it's gunna change my life being able to get out and about again. Here are a few picks so far and I'll keep you updated.
Correction I ordered it 6 months ago and gm Coachworks have had it for the past 3 months, I ordered it with the executive package as well with all the optional extras, also with electric sliding doors and tailgate, also went for black leather with moonrock inserts, discovery sat nav, 3 zone air con, roof rack preparation ( might put a old school roof rack on like you get on vw bugs) plus the extras u get like, chrome package, multi function stearing wheel.

Once I have it I'll show you guys the private number plate that toke me ages to find through social media, I love it. Plus the wheels im going for and through the airride process. Can't wait!

I got chatting to a disabled guy in a T6, in Switzerland last year whilst we were at Camping Jungfrau. His conversion was very impressive, but what was even more impressive was the electric motor this guy had designed and built that basically attached to the front of his wheel chair and propelled him to daft speeds in seconds! The chap was a pure adrenaline junkie!

looking forward to seeing the pics @Leeroy33......but a word of advice.....can I suggest you delete this forum and never come back? You will thank me in the long run because if you hang around here, you are destined to a life of slavish obsession with this cult led by a shady figure simply known as @Pauly. There are people on here who are putting all sorts of (lighting)ideas into my head (they know who they are!)......unfortunately, I don't possess their ability or cojones! I thought I could stop at any time....turns out, I can't! Leave now while you can!! Look at my pic only taken a fortnight ago.....I've taken up smoking cigars, my eye sight is failing (that could be the H4 headlights though!) and worst of all, I'm only 53.....look what it's done to me!!
My name is Dave....and I'm an addict (that's better.....I've admitted it!)!!
(PS Enjoy your van bruv!):thumbsup:

I got chatting to a disabled guy in a T6, in Switzerland last year whilst we were at Camping Jungfrau. His conversion was very impressive, but what was even more impressive was the electric motor this guy had designed and built that basically attached to the front of his wheel chair and propelled him to daft speeds in seconds! The chap was a pure adrenaline junkie!
Nice, I have a Batec that's quick,if clips on the front of the chair, Ill be lost without it, I made a video on YouTube with me using it

You should have a look. They've brought a faster one out as well I really want it but mine is still pretty fast, here is a pic of it

B19C8EBF-52B8-48CD-ABFE-328497F71A9C.jpeg

That's very similar.
He told me he helped to design them for a company, but had recently jacked it all in to design and manufacture them himself.

Back