My TSI stage 3 build

Taspinall23

T6 Pro
So I thought I’d make a thread reference my T6 TSI

I bought the van back in August 2020, prior to that, I had a lwb manual highline 2016 that I specked, Oryx white, bars, springs, sport line wheels etc it was my pride and joy!

However, in lockdown I was using the van a lot and fancied more than the 220bhp it had been mapped too. So I set about trying to find companies that could get me to 300bhp reliably ……. I failed, and was told that it would be too unreliable.

I parked the idea, and a few months later I got chatting to a friend, he said VW made a short production run of TSI variants that could be tuned over the 300bhp mark. So I set about sourcing one.

Now given we were in lockdown, and people weren’t really selling anything, I hit a brick wall. There was the odd 150 manual panel van knocking around, but nothing like the van I had just sold.

I got chatting to my partner, who told me to check Facebook market place, I think my exact words were “I’ve got more chance of getting to the moon, than finding what I’m after on Facebook”, well, I soon had to take that statement back, as the only van for sale, was an oryx white swb 204 dsg. I couldn’t believe my luck. I messaged the guy and a month or so later I was the proud owner of my dream van.

I had been researching possible ways to get the desired power I required, when I came across Paul from VAS Works video on YouTube, where he had got his TSI to over 400bhp reliably. I decided that was the route I wanted to go and set about making it happen.

I drove down to Paul, and spoke in depth about the works that needed to be carried out, and left feeling very content with what I had been told, Paul even took me down the road in his van to show me just how good it was. We emailed back and fourth until I was happy with what they were going to do. Unfortunately, I was awaiting confirmation on a job to be able to book the works and pay the deposit, but with the current climate I had no choice but to park the idea.

I decided in the mean time, I would buy bits and bobs, when things were on offer so the out lay wasn’t as much when I did eventually get around to being able to do the works. I started with the Wagner evo 2 intercooler, and forge boost pipes and a miltek non resonated exhaust system. It was loud that’s all I’ll say .

A good year pasted without doing anything to the van, until around September 21, where I decided I would go for stage 2 as I didn’t have the funds required to go the full way. I got chatting with another member called Sam, who also shared a wealth of knowledge, he shared a video of a twin exit exhaust system that I liked the look of, so I got booked in with EMP Performance down in St Albans to have a custom exhaust made, I went for a custom downpipe, which is required for stage 3 and a controlled valve that can be nice and quiet, or open and sound like a race car.

Sam also advised on the custom air intake he was running, which is required for stage 2 mapping, I got the parts, as well as the Forge intake hose and with Sams guidance I managed to fit on the drive with not much drama.

From there I took it for stage 2 mapping, I opted for the Revo software as they had already made the file so figured it would be a good map, however I was wrong. If I’m honest it was slightly better that the stage one map it came with (280bhp) but had numerous flat spots in the higher rev range which meant it felt rather slow.

Feeling rather deflated, I decided now was the time to go for stage 3, I had done a range of modifications that were required for stage 3 so figured obtaining the turbo wouldn’t cost too much. I ended up having Sams TTE450 in early February 22, which was fitted along with a set of H&R anti roll bars, NGK Plugs, Revo big brake kit, team dynamic wheels, and a Loba high pressure fuel pump (required for MRC Mapping)

I got the van back from the garage In mid March, but I wasn’t booked in until the 5th of April, so was a long wait considering I had wanted to be stage 3 not long after I had bought the van.

In the meantime I decided I wasn’t happy with the original Van Slams that came with the van, the new wheels didn’t give the van the desired ride height I required and the wanted a firmer ride given i was about to have over 400bhp, I had been reading through the forum and came across many posts recommending Steve from CRS Performance so decided to make contact, I traveled up on the 4th of April and had a set of H&R Koni Coilovers fitted, and some caber bolts to tuck the wheels in slightly more. Steve and Steve were brilliant, shared a wealth of knowledge and set the van up exactly how I wanted it whilst keeping the set up safe.

Finally the day came, and I took the van down to MRC in Banbury. I actually dropped it off on the way back from CRS as I was told that the van probably wouldn’t be ready the same day, and not wanting to pressure them to get it ready whilst I waited, I opted to leave it with them to hopefully collect on the 8th. Ironically, Sarah from MRC messaged on the 5th in the afternoon to say the van was ready . I can tell you it was a long wait, to have to wait until the 8th!

The 8th came around and I went and collected my van, I can assure you it was definitely worth the wait! The van made 411bhp and 528nm, not as much as some of the ones they have done, but never the less over the 400bhp mark.

I drove the van back home with the biggest smile on my face, it was so much better than I had expected, it is a missile, it pulls and pulls, and a stock golf r has no chance!

If there is anyone out there with a TSI, who is thinking about going for stage 3, I can assure you it’s the best thing your do, smiles for miles, and driving motorways your still get 400 plus miles to a tanK.

If there is anyone that wants more info just drop a message, more than anything I hope this thread helps you decide that stage 3 is the right thing to do, as you won’t regret it.

Tom

So cool,

I keep looking at 4wd TSI which were only available in LHD. I'm sure it could be swapped for RHD easier than adding the 4WD system.

Last edited:
I used to use a white pen from Halfords on my Mk1 XR2 when I was a lot younger. Are those printed on or painted on?
Snap!!!

How it started

A few mods (rear light tints, rear cil, side bars, gloss black grills)

Turbo, brakes, Fuel pump, exhaust

How it looked after it came back from having the turbo brakes fitted

Will update on how it looks now with new suspension tomorrow.

View attachment 152540

View attachment 152548

View attachment 152549

View attachment 152550

View attachment 152551

View attachment 152552

View attachment 152553

View attachment 152554
Loved reading your thread @Taspinall23, such a great narrative of your way towards the 400bhp.

I don’t drive a TSI sadly, however Floyd, my 204 BiTDi is ace al though I would love to get more power out of it. Currently pushing 244, my question is do MRC work their miracles on diesels??

I patiently hope you say yes!!!

Cheers.

I used to use a white pen from Halfords on my Mk1 XR2 when I was a lot younger. Are those printed on or painted on?
I was going to get a pen, but saw you could have them as stickers so opted for them.

So cool,

I keep looking at 4wd TSI which were only available in LHD. I'm sure it could be swapped for RHD easier than adding the 4WD system.

It’s such a shame they didn’t do the production run in the uk, I’m toying with the idea of doing it, as if you can get the second hand parts it doesn’t seem to be too expensive.

Loved reading your thread @Taspinall23, such a great narrative of your way towards the 400bhp.

I don’t drive a TSI sadly, however Floyd, my 204 BiTDi is ace al though I would love to get more power out of it. Currently pushing 244, my question is do MRC work their miracles on diesels??

I patiently hope you say yes!!!

Cheers.
Thanks.

Nice power that is. I don’t know if I’m honest, but I will be seeing them again in the next couple of weeks, so will ask the question.

Hi, thanks for the post made good reading. I have a tsi with miltek cat back non res system and forge intercooler hoses with a revo stage 1 map, slowly getting through the list of mods required as and when the bank permits, may I ask who done you’re downpipe and also how you made you’re intake ? As they are next on the list.

Thanks

Probably same end goal as I'm aiming for. When turbo goes it will be a tte450. Keep thinking about and exhaust but like the stealth.
I was going to use MRC Scotland for the map but went with Revo, happy enough with it so far but if I did so more I'd be at the MRC boys again, know them from my Audi RS days.

So I thought I’d make a thread reference my T6 TSI

I bought the van back in August 2020, prior to that, I had a lwb manual highline 2016 that I specked, Oryx white, bars, springs, sport line wheels etc it was my pride and joy!

However, in lockdown I was using the van a lot and fancied more than the 220bhp it had been mapped too. So I set about trying to find companies that could get me to 300bhp reliably ……. I failed, and was told that it would be too unreliable.

I parked the idea, and a few months later I got chatting to a friend, he said VW made a short production run of TSI variants that could be tuned over the 300bhp mark. So I set about sourcing one.

Now given we were in lockdown, and people weren’t really selling anything, I hit a brick wall. There was the odd 150 manual panel van knocking around, but nothing like the van I had just sold.

I got chatting to my partner, who told me to check Facebook market place, I think my exact words were “I’ve got more chance of getting to the moon, than finding what I’m after on Facebook”, well, I soon had to take that statement back, as the only van for sale, was an oryx white swb 204 dsg. I couldn’t believe my luck. I messaged the guy and a month or so later I was the proud owner of my dream van.

I had been researching possible ways to get the desired power I required, when I came across Paul from VAS Works video on YouTube, where he had got his TSI to over 400bhp reliably. I decided that was the route I wanted to go and set about making it happen.

I drove down to Paul, and spoke in depth about the works that needed to be carried out, and left feeling very content with what I had been told, Paul even took me down the road in his van to show me just how good it was. We emailed back and fourth until I was happy with what they were going to do. Unfortunately, I was awaiting confirmation on a job to be able to book the works and pay the deposit, but with the current climate I had no choice but to park the idea.

I decided in the mean time, I would buy bits and bobs, when things were on offer so the out lay wasn’t as much when I did eventually get around to being able to do the works. I started with the Wagner evo 2 intercooler, and forge boost pipes and a miltek non resonated exhaust system. It was loud that’s all I’ll say .

A good year pasted without doing anything to the van, until around September 21, where I decided I would go for stage 2 as I didn’t have the funds required to go the full way. I got chatting with another member called Sam, who also shared a wealth of knowledge, he shared a video of a twin exit exhaust system that I liked the look of, so I got booked in with EMP Performance down in St Albans to have a custom exhaust made, I went for a custom downpipe, which is required for stage 3 and a controlled valve that can be nice and quiet, or open and sound like a race car.

Sam also advised on the custom air intake he was running, which is required for stage 2 mapping, I got the parts, as well as the Forge intake hose and with Sams guidance I managed to fit on the drive with not much drama.

From there I took it for stage 2 mapping, I opted for the Revo software as they had already made the file so figured it would be a good map, however I was wrong. If I’m honest it was slightly better that the stage one map it came with (280bhp) but had numerous flat spots in the higher rev range which meant it felt rather slow.

Feeling rather deflated, I decided now was the time to go for stage 3, I had done a range of modifications that were required for stage 3 so figured obtaining the turbo wouldn’t cost too much. I ended up having Sams TTE450 in early February 22, which was fitted along with a set of H&R anti roll bars, NGK Plugs, Revo big brake kit, team dynamic wheels, and a Loba high pressure fuel pump (required for MRC Mapping)

I got the van back from the garage In mid March, but I wasn’t booked in until the 5th of April, so was a long wait considering I had wanted to be stage 3 not long after I had bought the van.

In the meantime I decided I wasn’t happy with the original Van Slams that came with the van, the new wheels didn’t give the van the desired ride height I required and the wanted a firmer ride given i was about to have over 400bhp, I had been reading through the forum and came across many posts recommending Steve from CRS Performance so decided to make contact, I traveled up on the 4th of April and had a set of H&R Koni Coilovers fitted, and some caber bolts to tuck the wheels in slightly more. Steve and Steve were brilliant, shared a wealth of knowledge and set the van up exactly how I wanted it whilst keeping the set up safe.

Finally the day came, and I took the van down to MRC in Banbury. I actually dropped it off on the way back from CRS as I was told that the van probably wouldn’t be ready the same day, and not wanting to pressure them to get it ready whilst I waited, I opted to leave it with them to hopefully collect on the 8th. Ironically, Sarah from MRC messaged on the 5th in the afternoon to say the van was ready . I can tell you it was a long wait, to have to wait until the 8th!

The 8th came around and I went and collected my van, I can assure you it was definitely worth the wait! The van made 411bhp and 528nm, not as much as some of the ones they have done, but never the less over the 400bhp mark.

I drove the van back home with the biggest smile on my face, it was so much better than I had expected, it is a missile, it pulls and pulls, and a stock golf r has no chance!

If there is anyone out there with a TSI, who is thinking about going for stage 3, I can assure you it’s the best thing your do, smiles for miles, and driving motorways your still get 400 plus miles to a tanK.

If there is anyone that wants more info just drop a message, more than anything I hope this thread helps you decide that stage 3 is the right thing to do, as you won’t regret it.

Tom
I like your write up ,is yours dsg or manual?
What’s the intake like ?have you got any pictures?

How it started

A few mods (rear light tints, rear cil, side bars, gloss black grills)

Turbo, brakes, Fuel pump, exhaust

How it looked after it came back from having the turbo brakes fitted

Will update on how it looks now with new suspension tomorrow.

View attachment 152540

View attachment 152548

View attachment 152549

View attachment 152550

View attachment 152551

View attachment 152552

View attachment 152553

View attachment 152554
That is a thing of beauty, as a fellow "Nam" boy, I might see you around.

You don't let that reprobate Morley near your van do you? ;)

After selling you my
Olds bits Tom this is what I did

Transporter t6 tsi 204 dsg
This van is one of a kind
This isn’t your standard t6 tsi
Mods are
Fully forged engine
Je pistons
Zrp con rods
ARP head bolts
Supertech valves and springs
Nortech manifold