Can anyone help please. I'm fitting seat belts to second row of my T5. Bought the reinforcement brackets for c pillar and the inertia drum is no problem . My problem is the bottom anchor. I don't have a hole or anything to bolt it to. How do you install the bottom anchor? Thanks

That's unusual!

There may be a lashing point fitted in the lower seatbelt mount position - there was on my T6. If there is, just unbolt it and replace it with the seatbelt mount.

20210110_102215.jpg

Just picked up a triple bench for the rear of my van.

As I understand it, as I'm using 4 fixing locations in the middle, I need 8 long reinforcing brackets for underneath. Is this correct?

My only other issue now is, do I need to add reinforcing plates to the seat belt real mounting locations?

I've had a look in the van and I've got a lower fixing both sides and an upper fixing on the passenger side. I'll only need to drill and install a reinforcing bracket for the drivers side belt.

And finally, how difficult is it to remove the fuel tank etc to get to the underside of the van?

Brilliant thread this BTW, so much info all in one place!

Just picked up a triple bench for the rear of my van.

As I understand it, as I'm using 4 fixing locations in the middle, I need 8 long reinforcing brackets for underneath. Is this correct?

My only other issue now is, do I need to add reinforcing plates to the seat belt real mounting locations?

I've had a look in the van and I've got a lower fixing both sides and an upper fixing on the passenger side. I'll only need to drill and install a reinforcing bracket for the drivers side belt.

And finally, how difficult is it to remove the fuel tank etc to get to the underside of the van?

Brilliant thread this BTW, so much info all in one place!

Yes, you're bang one with your bracket quantities. 4 brackets and 8 reinforcement plates (long type) for a three seater bench.

As for the inertia reel bracing, that was being discussed not long ago, appears to be no follow up on if the chap fitted them or not!

Fuel tank removal is quite straightforward (at least on my euro 5 - non ad blue).......if you run the tank down to almost bone dry!

Do you need to drop the tank if your fitting a triple bench seat in the second row. Just been collecting all bits needed. But not sure I would like dropping the tank as will be doing it in the street.

Do you need to drop the tank if your fitting a triple bench seat in the second row. Just been collecting all bits needed. But not sure I would like dropping the tank as will be doing it in the street.

It's been a while since I did mine but the fuel tank is pretty wide (not sure about euro 6 though).

It's been a while since I did mine but the fuel tank is pretty wide (not sure about euro 6 though).
Cheers should of said its a t5.1 not a t6 so euro 5 but this this is best guide I could copy to do it. Got a full tank at the minute so will be a while before I can get close to empty if tank needs dropping.

Yes, you're bang one with your bracket quantities. 4 brackets and 8 reinforcement plates (long type) for a three seater bench.

As for the inertia reel bracing, that was being discussed not long ago, appears to be no follow up on if the chap fitted them or not!

Fuel tank removal is quite straightforward (at least on my euro 5 - non ad blue).......if you run the tank down to almost bone dry!

Cheers man!

A friend is about to take delivery of a 6.1 kombi so I'm going to have a nosey to see if there's any extra reinforcing on the seat belts. I'll report back once I know!

Cheers man!

A friend is about to take delivery of a 6.1 kombi so I'm going to have a nosey to see if there's any extra reinforcing on the seat belts. I'll report back once I know!

:thumbsup:

It'll be good to know either way what a factory kombi as in regards to inertia reel reinforcement.

I'm in the process of converting my van to a 9-seater. I put the rubber floor in today, but obviously it's sticking up above the sliding door instep. Do I get a Kombi or Caravelle side step (I know they're deeper than panel van ones) so it sits flush over the floor? And what's the part number please? Cheers.

I'm in the process of converting my van to a 9-seater. I put the rubber floor in today, but obviously it's sticking up above the sliding door instep. Do I get a Kombi or Caravelle side step (I know they're deeper than panel van ones) so it sits flush over the floor? And what's the part number please? Cheers.

If it's the standard oem kombi rubber floor you have used, i would go for the kombi step.

While the caravelle step could be used, it has extra locating tabs at the front and rear of the step designed to locate inside the wider caravelle B & C pillar trims. They will be exposed in your van......looking a bit out of place!

As for part numbers, sorry I can't help with that bit!

Thanks foggy3061 I'll get a Kombi step. Are they quite easy to put in? Do I have to take up the rubber flooring on that side to enable the fitting?

Thanks foggy3061 I'll get a Kombi step. Are they quite easy to put in? Do I have to take up the rubber flooring on that side to enable the fitting?

They're a straightforward fit really, just line up and push down into place. You don't need to move the rubber floor.

If your replacement step has a light, fit the light and wiring before you fit the step as they can be a bugger to remove again once clipped in place!

Not sure if that's a fair price or not!?

My only frame of reference was a new kombi step with light but it was dearer than that.

Maybe measure the depth of your current step and ask the seller what the depth is on his step?

Yeah good idea. I asked elsewhere in the forum but don't think I got a reply. Do all Kombi steps come with a light or can you get one without? Not too bothered about it you see....

Yeah good idea. I asked elsewhere in the forum but don't think I got a reply. Do all Kombi steps come with a light or can you get one without? Not too bothered about it you see....

Sorry for the delayed reply @Sandyman!

I think they are available without a light......you've probably found one by now i guess! :D

Thanks yes I have! It did come without the light but I now have a rectangular cut out in the step...hey ho you can't have everything! It fits nicely apart from the bottom left horizontal step...I just can't work out how to get it to clip in underneath and that's got me thinking that I need a deeper Caravelle one, but this is from a Kombi so must be the right one as I've laid the stock rubber flooring mat. I'm a bit puzzled! IMG20210308162813.jpg

If the weather permits I'm going to try and get my seats fitted tomorrow.

Quick question, is there a specific torque setting for the seat mount bolts under the van?

If the weather permits I'm going to try and get my seats fitted tomorrow.

Quick question, is there a specific torque setting for the seat mount bolts under the van?

I went for 40nm, some posts state 30nm for the seat belts and front seats so it felt sensible.

Did you get chance to look at the inertia reel reinforcement on your mates van?

I went for 40nm, some posts state 30nm for the seat belts and front seats so it felt sensible.

Did you get chance to look at the inertia reel reinforcement on your mates van?

Brilliant I'll set them to 40nm, cheers

He only took delivery of the van on Friday, but I've not had chance to pop over to see him. I'm hoping to get over this week at some point! I'll report back with my findings!

Back