London Low Emission Zone / Ultra Low Emission Zone

Outstanding1

Is anyone with a t5.1 or older models due to be affected by this?
I travel into London most days, I’m guessing buying anything older than a t6 is out of the question right? Fs! Lol

323EB666-355E-4967-BD54-532F4C59C75D.png

You need to be Eu6 up...

So older t5.1 eu5 enigines (not adblue) will be effected.

Hi I sold my t5.1 due to this ulez change in London as I travel there quite often. I brought a T6 but early t6 are not euro 6 engine. You need one that takes adblue

Today for the 1st time in years I ventured up to Twickenham to do a job. Going up the A316 I saw signs for the start of the low emission zone - so my question is how would this affect me?

I've got a 67 plate manual 150 diesel

Thanks

Did anyone work out why some people were getting the Euro 6 'status' removed for their V5s when switching to a private plate?

Go to their website and enter your registration number. It will give you the answer.

Did anyone work out why some people were getting the Euro 6 'status' removed for their V5s when switching to a private plate?
I put my private plate on and lost my status. If I put the old (original) number into the checker, no charge (and I am reminded of make/model/colour etc, which is really good as sometimes I forget what my van looks like!) Then, when I put my new (private) number in, I get a charge (but no prompt on what the van looks like unfortunately!) this indicates to me that the data “pull” from the DVLA doesn’t have any info. Helpfully, DVLA wash their hands of it and refer you to TfL!

For those not wishing to change their vans for a Eu6 compliant one, retrofit systems are available.. £5500 + VAT, mind!

As an aside, the TfL LEZ/ULEZ website was showing that both my 03 plate Honda CBR and our 54 plate petrol Focus were not ULEZ compliant.
Well, the NOx for the Focus was showing to be under the Euro 4 limit of 0.08g/km whilst the logbook didn’t show anything for the bike.
A few emails to Honda sorted that, with them providing a Certificate of Compliance to show it (is Euro 1 compliant, but only) emits 0.1290g/km of NOx; whilst they want Euro 3, it’s low enough to qualify for exemption.

So it’s worth checking your vehicle(s), regardless of what the TfL checking service tells you, as I thought I was going to have to get rid of both the car and the bike, when I don’t have to get rid of either!

According to the site linked above, thank you @Ads_Essex , my T28 Trendline euro6 camper is eligible for the congestion charge.
I was hoping to wild camp in Hyde Park next to the Serpentine for a couple of nights but this will add an extra £30 to what would otherwise have been a cheap holiday... surely apart from a slight whiff of stale sweat and wee my van is clean enough?

hi, hope someone can give me advice on current rules in London.
congestion charge ? ules ? les?
i'm driving to Putney on tuesday to : Lower Richmond Rd, London SW15 1EU
iv'e looked at some websites but am still unsure what i need to do (if anything ?)
i have a 2016 t32 150 with adblue. euro 6 engine
will i be charged for anything ?
do i need to pay anytig in advance ?

many thanks in anticipation
paul

Last edited:
Just wondering if you’re nose to tail in traffic how is your reg plate going to be read?

Back