2017 t6 and euro 5 engine?

Hi All .,.. Unfortunately emissions are here to stay...So for now so is Adblue....In the last two years I’ve had one hiccup ..but it’s how you drive ...really a diesel is long haul long distance vehicle not really suited to town driving and short journeys ....so if your aware How it all works adblue shouldn’t really be a problem.....:)

Same here, 18000+ miles now in 3.5 years and never had any EGR/DPF issues, or warning lights. Seem to put about 9L of Adblue every 4000 miles or so which is fine.

Well just spoke to the garage and they have confirmed that it does take Adblue ! This surely means its a euro 6 engine then ?

Why would the V5 state a 103 Kw power output as this aligns to the 140hp (euro 5) ? anyone else have similar on there V5 and have the euro 6.

Reading all the posts i'm slightly disappointed that its looking like a Euro 6 now! Although the van has 50k on the clock so hopefully any teething issues should have shown themselves.

hi all does it have a adblue filler cap under the diesel cap
Euro 5 Engines don't have adblue, euro 6 do. My euro 5 T6 has no adblue and under the filler is just a rubberwhere the adblue filler would go.
IMG_20200803_150653.jpg

Last edited:
V5s are completed by humans, with human errors/shortcuts. It's a Euro 6, but it'll be fine. There are thousands of them out there - how many have problems. At 50K miles you should be checking timing belt and water pump, not worrying about Adblue. Just my semi-informed opinion.

V5s are completed by humans, with human errors/shortcuts. It's a Euro 6, but it'll be fine. There are thousands of them out there - how many have problems. At 50K miles you should be checking timing belt and water pump, not worrying about Adblue. Just my semi-informed opinion.

New V5 through the post and this states its a 110KW output, which matches the 150 Euro 6 which it most certainly is.

1st week of ownership and I have the Van booked into VW to investigate a squealing belt on cold start up, possibly DMF clatter and now to add to the list this morning a bulb warning light came on. OEM LEDS all round so hopefully its not one of them thats gone!

Only 2 months left of vw warranty so getting it in ASAP:oops:

Update : Aux Belt and tensioner changed today under warranty.. Apparently no DMF issue its a normal noisy DSG!!

Sounds like classic flywheel to me. My 140 dsg did the same at early 40k miles. Vw denied there was an issue, had it replaced elsewhere and noise gone.

Sounds like classic flywheel to me. My 140 dsg did the same at early 40k miles. Vw denied there was an issue, had it replaced elsewhere and noise gone.
Okay thanks for that , I’ll keep a close watch on it and get it back to VW if it gets any worse. !

I have an 18 plate t6 with 150 and DSG Euro 6 engine, so need Adblue. Absolutely no problems with the engine and over 2 years am averaging 37.8 mpg which I don't think is too bad.

Euro 5 is a more reliable engine than the Euro 6, none of the Adblue or EGR issues that the Euro 6 has.
The issue with the older Euro 5 engines was the EGR cooler corroding internally, aluminuim oxide formed (yes the same as used on sandpaper) and passed into the engine destroying the bores / pistons.
This issue was fixed with a modified EGR cooler - Rev D. My 2016 MY 180PS has a Rev D so yours should have as well.
You can check the tab on the EGR cooler, see mine below.
View attachment 79675
Every day is a school day! Thank you.

I don’t know much about Transit Customs but they are cheaper than a T6 and the head lights work, that’s a good start.
Ha. Except they don’t. And they’re only cheaper when they’re actually working…

My last van was registered June 2016 and was a Euro 5 140 DSG with no adblu.

The DMF clattered at idle when cold and was replaced under warranty at 2 years 11months old and just 11k miles.

Back