Hello
Just had rear windows replaced due to both leaking. I had extra tint on the windows that where taken out and have been told by the deal that they will not replace the extra tint. Is this a common practice?

The dealer will not want to spend money, however contact VW customer services directly and they will pay for the damage resulting from the leak, that should include the tints!

customercare@vwcv.co.uk

Cheers

Dave

The dealer will not want to spend money, however contact VW customer services directly and they will pay for the damage resulting from the leak, that should include the tints!

customercare@vwcv.co.uk

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave
I’ve contacted Vw customer care and they spoke with the dealer where my van is. Customer care got back to me with back to mea No to replacing the tint, due to it being put on after purchase.

That’s BS they are mugging you off, put in a complaint and accept nothing less than the full cost of them reinstating it to how it was before.
It’s not your fault they leaked it’s theirs so they should be liable

Totally agree with @Pauly. That is utter rubbish. Their product was faulty so they are duty bound to reinstate it to the exact condition it was in when you handed it to them. That is why other folk with leaky windows have had furniture etc replaced that have been damaged.

That’s BS they are mugging you off, put in a complaint and accept nothing less than the full cost of them reinstating it to how it was before.
It’s not your fault they leaked it’s theirs so they should be liable
Cheers guys
Going to get the misses on the case, I am, I guess I shall say more ‘caveman like ‘ when solving this type of problem.
Anybody have a list of the Vw dealer ships that replaced the extra tint free of charge?
Dickie

Cheers guys
Going to get the misses on the case, I am, I guess I shall say more ‘caveman like ‘ when solving this type of problem.
Anybody have a list of the Vw dealer ships that replaced the extra tint free of charge?
Dickie
She wears the trousers does she.....:whistle:;)

Cobblers.....just had mine done! Window tint replaced without hassle. As @Pauly says, you're being mugged off! They might take more notice of you than your misses? If/when it happens again, I'll go for fixed windows!

IMG_3181.JPG so I took Dilly Dub to her first service last week and asked hem to look at my side windows whilst she was in. They gave me a cleaning lesson when I went to collect her, said they had jet wash tested them and all was ok!
Fast forward to the next rain spell (2 hours later) and the Windows are still peeing in water!
Contacted VW and emailed a photo and I am just waiting to see if they are going to replace the windows under warranty! Until that point I have had to put my conversion on hold!
Anyone else actually had new windows and did it help?

Hi yes had new window fitted at Imperial vans in Stoke on Trent , has been water tight ever since too. The old leaky window rattled too when open. Hope that helps.

I've had mine replaced under warranty.....so far, so good.....but I daren't open them! My last lot were fine.....and then after I'd opened them for the first time, that was it!! I cleaned the seals....but to no avail!

I've had mine replaced under warranty.....so far, so good.....but I daren't open them! My last lot were fine.....and then after I'd opened them for the first time, that was it!! I cleaned the seals....but to no avail!
They are a terrible design.. need modding to assist drainage

Oh yeh.........and they scratched my bodywork when they refitted the new ones.....but then, I knew they would....honestly, I just knew they would! I the dealer principle to agree to a got a free 1st service as a result. I'm not showing them the email agreeing to it until I go to pick it up.....I'm convinced they'll pull some kind of "stunt" (like not bothering to change the oil!) if I tell them up front that it's freebie! :(

Mine is booked in at the start of May. Apparently the windows are warped and that is why they are leaking. Possibly code for “rubbish design we should have changed”

Had both mine changed at VW Wrexham under warranty and no issues since. The other week on route to Devon the kids opened both sides and I thought - oh poo here we go - but no signs of leaks, so all's good.

Back