I've had one replaced... I'm convinced its the silly small seal that's just not up to the job.

Had email from dealership and they have said that it's been passed to Warranty Manager! Let's see what happens! Bad raid last night and like a waterfall from both windows taking kitchen towel to the van this morning to mop up!

My driver side slider leaks. Tried using compressed air to blow through drain holes but still leaking slightly. Am I right in saying the windows are same unchanged design as those as fitted to T5 which also had leaking issues? If so, it is a disgrace that VW would do this.

My driver side slider leaks. Tried using compressed air to blow through drain holes but still leaking slightly. Am I right in saying the windows are same unchanged design as those as fitted to T5 which also had leaking issues? If so, it is a disgrace that VW would do this.

Yip still,the same stupid design that they have not changed or admitted that there’s a fault with.

Well... I picked the van up today with its two brand new windows. Let's see if they've managed to fix the leak...

I've had mine replaced under warranty, and yes they still leak. My 56 plate T5 leaked as well. Good to see the progress in quality.

Off-side sliding door window to be replaced under warranty next week. Let's hope it cures the leak. The dealer told us a pin in the opening window was excessively worn after 23 months use, hence the leak.

Both of my windows have been leaking! I am ready to fit my units and have decided to tackle the problem myself. So here is what I’ve worked out.
There is a seal on the sliding window, if you clean it and remove all the dust that has been washed in over time the window leaks less. But water will still pass. The second issue is there is a very small seal between the bottom rail that the window runs in. This seal is against the inside of the window surround, it has a very small taper collecting any water that passes the main window seal. Basically this seal allows water to run along until it reaches the drain point ( one at each side of the window opening). Now if this seal is dirty with dust etc water dosnt readily flow to the the drain points. You need a wire tie or similar to push down the drain points and prove water can run away. (Will up load a video to show you!).
So if you don’t keep the two seals clean like previously mentioned, there is a final Chanel. This is the one you can easily see and it is where the window pin slides up and down. You will have seen a very small hole at the front of this Chanel. This is where I could usually see water building up. Now this hole is where any water that passes the first to seals end up. This hole passes into a very small chamber under the window guide. This chamber directs the water out over the top of the door frame where the water can escape from under the glass. Be careful if trying to clean this hole out. Under the hole is the chamber, and the chamber is just a small piece of plastic sealed against the frame with a non drying kind of bedding sealant. I tried to clear mine out with compressed air and a bit of old fuse wire. The fuse wire managed to push through the sealant and make my leak worse! I now need to re seal this chamber. The other door however cleared fine with compressed air.

So now both windows don’t leak in!! Well that is to say the do leak, but they leak to the areas that vw wanted them too, and I now don’t have water running down the inside of my door cards. Hope this is of help guys. If you can understand my ramblings

I was initially planning to fit OEM sliders to my conversion but think I will got with aftermarket units after reading this :(

I was initially planning to fit OEM sliders to my conversion but think I will got with aftermarket units after reading this :(
I'm having aftermarket fitted. The converter reckons that 30% of VW OEM fail, so they won't fit them. Their aftermarket windows are guaranteed for life. And cheaper. Lots.

when I had mine replaced, not only did they scratch my paint, but I've just noticed that the rubber trim that runs down the back edge of the glass wasn't refitted properly. I saw it flapping in the breeze. When I investigated, it turns out that the gasket/sealer that the unit is sat on, is almost flush with the back edge of the glass....so it wont wrap around the edge like it should! I don't know whether to point it out to the clowns when I take it for its first service or just trim some rubber away and stick it on myself? Honestly.....I'm convinced that because it's a van (a bloody nice one at that!), the technicians assume we don't care!:mad:

when I had mine replaced, not only did they scratch my paint, but I've just noticed that the rubber trim that runs down the back edge of the glass wasn't refitted properly. I saw it flapping in the breeze. When I investigated, it turns out that the gasket/sealer that the unit is sat on, is almost flush with the back edge of the glass....so it wont wrap around the edge like it should! I don't know whether to point it out to the clowns when I take it for its first service or just trim some rubber away and stick it on myself? Honestly.....I'm convinced that because it's a van (a bloomin nice one at that!), the technicians assume we don't care!:mad:
My old kombi didn't have the trim at the back ,I think its new to the t6

So after having to send videos and take the matter up with VW UK, I finally have my van booked in for the 16th June to replace both windows! She will be in all week and I am being loaned a new Kombi for the week!

So after having to send videos and take the matter up with VW UK, I finally have my van booked in for the 16th June to replace both windows! She will be in all week and I am being loaned a new Kombi for the week!
Why is it in for a week .mine had both sides and windscreen done in a day .

They are having her in for a week so I don't have to take a day off work as they can't do it on a Saturday as fully booked for months!

Back