Oh gawd! more water!

boxer750

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Some of you will have seen I bought a 2016 Kombi twin slider, which leaked like a sieve around the VW windows. To keep it short.. I returned it and purchased a new PV. Started the conversion.. no issues...
Put in the floor and had it carpeted at unique vans (top guys btw) and windows (non VW fitted)

Had that really heavy downpour on Friday, and it leaks! Windows are fine.. its coming past the sliding door seal now. at the back..

I dont know if it did it initially.. we never had this sort of rain while I've owned the van.

So
I checked with the Unique and they couldnt see why it should leak at first. Then he compared with all the other vans, and there is a difference. They all have a flush fit at the top rear gap on the sliding door. Mine sticks out slightly at the top. Also at the bottom but not as much.
I had just fitted the kombi step liner and floor so thought maybe I had messed that up, even thought the step plastic fits in the metal tabs with oblong holes fitted.

Off i went to the local VW dealer.. hoping they would pop out and have a quick look in case was missing anything obvious. Apparently they cant do that. Just refused to, (although with a corporate smile), So I had to book it in and let it leak meanwhile. Two weeks if I don't want a courtesy car. And they want it for four days!
No option really. And a few veiled threats about if its covered under warranty..

Its done less than 1000 miles ..

There are only a couple of other bits of info before asking for your help..

We tried to fit a soft close to this van. But, needs to be a 6.1 kit not a T6 one. The rear catch of the sliding door was taken out and refitted once it was realised. I am assuming its countersunk torx screws into welded nuts so shouldn't me movable? So that cant be out of position.. can it?

I have no clue if there are any adjustment, if there indeed are?

If anyone has experienced this, and knows what had to be done to fix it.. be very grateful

Pete

Saw someone else on here with similar issues on the sliding door a couple of months back. Again in a new PV.

If I recall correctly, it turned out to be the doors seals not being seated properly and was an easy fix. So I suggest you have a good look at the seals and make sure they are fully pushed home.

Yes.. panel van..

I took it round to the guys that fitted the windows and lining etc on Friday and he checked the door seals, as have I it all looked ok.
I will re-visit tomorrow to ask about the latch, and get him to have another look. Ask him to pull it off and refit as he does it all the time and the last time it was pulled off it was just by .. well... me :rolleyes:
What worries me is if its OK in 'normal rain' but leak in a deluge. Will VWs apparent resting gear test to thid amount. (He told of some water tower.. so guessing its not just a watering can..)

Pete

It would appear there is something to be said for the saying 'never assume cos it makes........'

I assumed the door catch at the rear of the door would not be adjustable.. with welded nuts and countersunk holes etc. This is not the case. There is quite a bit of movement and therefore adjustment. My door now looks in line like the others and is hopefully watertight now.

Please join me in praying for rain :thumbsup:

Back