Target total spend £24,000

Delivery day

View attachment 206926

First up was to remove all the ply lining and the bulkhead

View attachment 206927

View attachment 206928

Obscene amount of screws/clips/bolts

View attachment 206929

Once all that was removed, it was time to tackle the wiring. Passenger bench removed to access all the wiring and removed the battery. The first big achievement was starting the engine after all this and getting no warning lights :think smile bounce:

View attachment 206930

My current job is removing the bulkhead support frame which needs cutting out. After that it will be windows and pop top followed my insulation and sound proofing. I cant do much really until the pop top is in which is a pain as I have to save up for that :(
No point carpet lining until the pop top is in.

All pop tops seem to be £3500-£5000 installed but I've seen a company offering it for £2500 called Yorkshire Rose Camper Conversions. Reviews seem good but there's no specific reviews on their pop tops so feel free to shout up if ou have seen them yourself :thumbsup:

Thats all for now, thanks for reading.
Chris
I also have 67 ex AA that’s now converted. I had Summit motorhomes/Storm poptops do the windows, carpeting and roof and I’ve done the rest of the conversion myself. I have a few questions for you if you don’t mind. Have you removed the AA tracker yet, does your stop/start work and is that the solenoid thingy that’s connected to battery in the pile of wires. Mine has a speed limiter atm that also needs to be sorted.IMG_4235.jpegIMG_4239.jpegIMG_4346.jpegIMG_4458.jpegd64598eb-cdf7-4421-8766-76a44869cc09.jpegIMG_6558.jpeg811dbb48-ca80-4c02-b0a9-6e576d32704a.jpeg13641f14-a748-4814-a82f-da55598510ba.jpegIMG_4748.jpegIMG_4904.jpegIMG_4912.jpegIMG_5015.jpegIMG_5140.jpegIMG_4235.jpeg

IMG_5132.jpeg

IMG_5128.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5188.jpeg

IMG_5204.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_6070.jpeg

I also have 67 ex AA that’s now converted. I had Summit motorhomes/Storm poptops do the windows, carpeting and roof and I’ve done the rest of the conversion myself. I have a few questions for you if you don’t mind. Have you removed the AA tracker yet, does your stop/start work and is that the solenoid thingy that’s connected to battery in the pile of wires.

Tracker - I've not seen a tracker however on the roof was three objects and one of those was GPS so that will obviously come off with the roof. I haven't seen anything on the interior that represents a tracker.

Stop start - Not sure, it hasnt moved off my drive since I bought it. Sometimes when stop/start doesnt work, it can be down the battery type or the battery health condition. I'll be putting a new battery in mine as its dont holding much charge.

Solenoid - I think that was there for the second battery that they had under the passeneger seat. I have removed this.

Hope that helps

Tracker - I've not seen a tracker however on the roof was three objects and one of those was GPS so that will obviously come off with the roof. I haven't seen anything on the interior that represents a tracker.

Stop start - Not sure, it hasnt moved off my drive since I bought it. Sometimes when stop/start doesnt work, it can be down the battery type or the battery health condition. I'll be putting a new battery in mine as its dont holding much charge.

Solenoid - I think that was there for the second battery that they had under the passeneger seat. I have removed this.

Hope that helps
Thanks for getting back to me.

The tracker on mine is under the steering wheel, to the right. It’s where the OBD port should be. Not sure if it’s plugged into that or not, I need to do some investigating.

Thanks for getting back to me.

The tracker on mine is under the steering wheel, to the right. It’s where the OBD port should be. Not sure if it’s plugged into that or not, I need to do some investigating.
I'll have to have a look mate, cant see i've noticed it but then again i've spent most time in the back

Not updated for a bit so here goes...

AMG seats now fully installed on new runners with passenger swivel base. Plan is to fit driver swivel in the future (along with handbrake lowering kit)

IMG_6355.JPEG

Also fitted some side repeater decals with custom wording from eBay. Libertas means freedom in Latin (freedom to explore). Whilst I was there I also fitted the black smoked side repeaters

IMG_6437.JPEG

Front Badge
Just need to remove the chrome strips and replace with black.....

IMG_6438.JPEG

Saw a post on the ex AA owners Facebook page along the lines of 'does anybody now own MJ67 UYK' and I was like, 'well yes that would be me!'

The AA employee kindly sent some pictures over in its 'AA' days and said it was faultless during his 120k mile ownership

IMG_6344.JPG

Lastly, I'm booked in for Pop top installation next Wednesday and cannot wait!! Opted for a few upgrades like Scenic canvas, spotlights, matress, USB lights up top and roof bars so I can install my rigid solar on the roof (cheers @CJW for the example pics).

Pretty happy with the price at £2,650 as they carpet line the metalwork too and also a VW Caddy courtesy car for £35

Cracking thread, love what you have done to the roof lining with the GTi trim, was it a simple enough job?
Thinking that will set my van off quite nicely.

Cracking thread, love what you have done to the roof lining with the GTi trim, was it a simple enough job?
Thinking that will set my van off quite nicely.
Honestly mate, it was fudging horrific and I don’t recommend it. The problem is the contours of the liner and you have a fabric that has straight lines all over it! It’s far from perfect but I really had to fudge it in places. Honest advice, use a pro or don’t bother

Honestly mate, it was fudging horrific and I don’t recommend it. The problem is the contours of the liner and you have a fabric that has straight lines all over it! It’s far from perfect but I really had to fudge it in places. Honest advice, use a pro or don’t bother
I admire your honesty, I'll bear that in mind and have a rethink.

I admire your honesty, I'll bear that in mind and have a rethink.
The biggest issue is where the centre cabin light cluster is...... It was going really well until I reached that part and because of its curves, it kicked out all of the tartan lines so they were no longer straight and it looked a mess. I ended up cutting the material in half and having a joint in the middle which looks 'ok' but had to toally cover up the cabin light/cluster with an all black fabric to hide the mess of the lines

Small Update for 'Libertas'

1) Fogstar Drift 105ah LifePO4 battery purchased during Black Friday. Will sit on a shelf for a while as currently there's nothing in the van to power :think smile bounce:

2) Magnetic Recovery Track holders from Tactic Vans - Tactic Vans mounting Magnets and Pins for Max Trax MK2 / MAXTRAX LITE and XTREME — Tactic Vans
I also have the recovery tracks so I might test fit them later this week

3) Next Monday its off to @AJCConversions for Ply & Carpet Lining, tailgate window (the only window I hadn't done) and some lovely oak effect Altro flooring.

Once the above is done I feel like I will be able to get out and about and have basic stays in it! Cant wait!!!!

I also have 67 ex AA that’s now converted. I had Summit motorhomes/Storm poptops do the windows, carpeting and roof and I’ve done the rest of the conversion myself. I have a few questions for you if you don’t mind. Have you removed the AA tracker yet, does your stop/start work and is that the solenoid thingy that’s connected to battery in the pile of wires. Mine has a speed limiter atm that also needs to be sorted.

View attachment 212260

View attachment 212261

View attachment 212262
That looks good.

Did you make the furniture and cushion?

Back