Hilo roof booked for feb

Thank you polzeylad I will take that as a compliment and at least you never called it a chav box :rofl:
Wow, take that, biggest compliment ever;). Now hurry the hell up and get it booked in at Witney for the seat rails so I can come and look at it, and dribble all over that roof.:thumbsup:

So Andy, would you recommend Extreme? What other stuff do they do? I am possibly a tad closer to them than vandoc, and sure as feck not going back to those tits at rising sun campers who scratched my roof whilst installing a reimo multirail. What bloody damage would they do cutting a whacking great hole in the roof.
I would recomend them but vandoc has got a very good reputation .
I carnt fault them on the Hilo fitting kept me updated with pics of progress,

got some issues with the rear lights in hatch though and sliding door curtisy light ,they have taped into this circuit and messed it up somehow, cab lights won't work when fob pressed or door opens and. Ave to manually have to open hatch and switch lights off before driving off .
All I wanted was a feed to battery and earth bar , don't think electrics are there strong point not dissing them they are good lads and very helpful, but then I'm not into doing vehicle electrics but don't think it's hard once you get into it
I'm not worried it will get sorted

Wow, take that, biggest compliment ever;). Now hurry the hell up and get it booked in at Witney for the seat rails so I can come and look at it, and dribble all over that roof.:thumbsup:
I spoke to Colin yesterday about a caravelle seat and fitting rails will be soon hopfully m8

Cheers for the honesty. Not like I will be getting a roof fitted anytime soon, but good to try and figure out good area based fitters/ converters etc. How you going to get the electrics fitted, are they going to come over to you as it's hell of a journey if you've got to go to them.

Cheers for the honesty. Not like I will be getting a roof fitted anytime soon, but good to try and figure out good area based fitters/ converters etc. How you going to get the electrics fitted, are they going to come over to you as it's hell of a journey if you've got to go to them.
I've just spoke to him going to talk to Kyle his fitter tomorrow see what they have done wrong.
Jay has offered to carpet my vanshades that should be here end of next week might get them delivered to him and he mentioned he might be up my way could drop them off for me maybe he might sort it out then.its 111 miles
You will see the roof soon m8 and have a good nosey at it

Update jay from xtremevan has emailed me this morning he is arranging to come up to me to sort the electrics out so all good

Brilliant, at least they have accepted they have done something wrong and will put it right without you being put out.

I've just been outside measuring the van my neighbors must think I'm bonkers :rofl: these are my findings to top of cross bars front of van 1992cm & rear of van 2002cm hopfully when caravelle seat and rails and multipod will bring it level ish to 1992cm I must live a boring life :D

chanceIMG_1874.JPG IMG_1877.JPG

B14's might not.. but VB air will, save the bore of taking rails off.. just redirct funds off bench..you got seats..:whistle:
No air for me spent enough on this van , I will let abit of air out the back tyres to get it under the 2mtrs mark that's as close to air I will be getting :rofl:

IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1900.JPG IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1901.JPG Hilo review had the roof up today it probably took me 90 seconds to loosen the 4 securing points slide roof panel back pull front locking point and push and up it went, were the bloody hell did that poptop come from, it's like a magician pulling a white rabbit out of his hat , hey presto .
Securing points not really a issue thought they were going to be worse than what they look and very easy to use.
Very dark up in the roof space don't think the flexi light I have angled up will be adequate.
I did buy touch sensitive leds for roof panel but was told might be a issue with trailing cables .
Might have to fit them and put light on flex with male 12v adaptor and position a high level 12v socket for feed and Velcro straps to keep flex tidy and out the way, early days yet.

Do you think that it is dark in the roof because you went for the black fabric? Or would it be dark anyway?

Do you think that it is dark in the roof because you went for the black fabric? Or would it be dark anyway?
I think it would be dark which ever canvas colour was chosen ,its thicker fabric than I thought , be ok in the day with window covers open, but thinking about kids up in the roof bed, will have to have to temporarily rig the touch sensitive lights up to see what best option to go for, bit of trial and error.
Oh davey b measured from kombi rubber floor to ceiling today 53" so should give you some idea what headroom you have to play with you being a lanky bugger at 6,5 :rofl:

Back