Hilo roof booked for feb

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
well I've had my instalation date slot for fitting the Hilo roof Monday 27th Feb will be saying by by to the van for a full week while my stealthy poptop gets fitted.
Just booked me train tickets to get meself back home once dropped off and back again to collect, so I'm all sorted now.
Was going to tow a vehicle down on me AFrame but with train tickets costing £35 return couldn't resist it but a 30 miniutes bus ride to Leicester then 3 station changes then I've got 3 miles to walk to get home or taxi oh this is going to be fun

You could always pause in Leicester and take in the wonderful sights. Oh yeah there are none, that's why I moved away having been born there and spent the first 20 years of my life there. The best place is the Tigers ground at Welford Road.
I do go back every now and then as all of my family still live there. Be really interested in how you get on with the install as that is the roof on my list and Leicester is only an hour up the road for me.

You could always pause in Leicester and take in the wonderful sights. Oh yeah there are none, that's why I moved away having been born there and spent the first 20 years of my life there. The best place is the Tigers ground at Welford Road.
I do go back every now and then as all of my family still live there. Be really interested in how you get on with the install as that is the roof on my list and Leicester is only an hour up the road for me.
Market harbourough it's going to m8 so 30 mins from Leicester centre he gave me 2 dates 20th or 27th I took the 27th as it suited me better , I'm excited now carnt wait to see it all done.

Market harbourough it's going to m8 so 30 mins from Leicester centre he gave me 2 dates 20th or 27th I took the 27th as it suited me better , I'm excited now carnt wait to see it all done.
Oh yes, to the South East of Leics, know it well.
You'll not be so excited at watching them cutting your roof out.

@andythom188 whereabouts in Shropshire are you from? My wife's grandad and uncle have a dairy farm at Affcott between Church Stretton and Craven Arms.

If the van wasn't so new and shiny I would of cut the roof out myself I did my 2.5 t4 a few years ago with no problems at all :thumbsup:
I'm not that excited about the train and bus journey though

Whole hr from me then...
@andythom188 what spec did you go for mate? Vandoc doing mine, hoping end Feb/march.. just wanting on a few more details from HiLo...

Last edited:
If the van wasn't so new and shiny I would of cut the roof out myself I did my 2.5 t4 a few years ago with no problems at all :thumbsup:
I'm not that excited about the train and bus journey though
Blimey, that's brave, wouldn't dare do that, I know I'd cock it up.

Whole hr from me then...
@andythom188 what spec did you go for mate? Vando doing mine, hoping end Feb/march.. just wanting on a few more details from HiLo...
Yes m8 I did a anaerobic digester instal in Ludlow a couple of years ago on a farm that we had to go over the a river bridge looked a very nice place Ludlow
The installer had a special on over December free upgrade to scenic canvas ,polished hinges and I've gone colour coded roof skin , just standard black canvas.
What spec you going for m8

yeah, Redditch is a simple hop up the M40 and M42, StudleyGlass's part of the world. If you don't mind me asking @andythom188 and @Fish how much is it costing you?Would you PM me if you don't want to put up generally.

Standard price is £4740 colour coding is extra or keep it standard black £320 for colour coding

Trying to determine if the the carbon roof is real carbon weave, a wrap or a ply based carbon sandwiching another material..
My concern is heat/uv damage..
If all else fails gloss black top

Back