Hilo mattress

Richard S

Hi , looking for a mattress to fit a lwb Hilo pop top. Any suggestions, as they don’t appear to do one. Thanks
Richard

True Romance

204 TDi DSG LWB
VIP Member
T6 Guru
From what I've seen they are very thin due to the limited space. Sure there are posts for alternatives on here?

Wilfy

Yeah you’re right. The space below the outer roof skin and the bed is so tight you will struggle to get anything other than an inflatable mattress in there and still be able to close the roof properly.

Deaky

On yer bike
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Duvalay for me. You cant have your Cake and eat it. If you have a low profile roof, don’t expect loads of storage on top of the bed :thumbsup:

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
From what I’ve read about HiLo roofs you might want a waterproof mattress:uh run:

James1000

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Not a HiLo but ....

Richard S

Looks like the perfect solution. Thank you... sold out at decathlon- hardly surprising during lockdown, but will get when back in stock.
Much appreciated

Rapt0rUK

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Looks like the perfect solution. Thank you... sold out at decathlon- hardly surprising during lockdown, but will get when back in stock.
Much appreciated
I managed to get hold of one of these today (few in stock in a store in Manchester). Tried it in the Hilo just now, we have a LWB so the length is perfect but it is a fraction too wide. It will do the job but is does press against the canvas slightly on the sides so I do wonder if it's raining whether that would cause the water to transfer through.... It's not perfect but it's the narrowest mattress I could find after hours of searching!