WestDubs Pop-Top - do you store mattress up there?

Alexryc

T6 Pro
Hi All

I appreciate this is quite a basic request; but I have the West Dubs pop top with the hard top area for a mattress to go there.

I purchased a mattress which fits that area great. I was told the mattress is fine to be kept there, but it felt odd to me. Do people do this? Or is it not best practise?

Thanks
Alex

As long as there's room for it when the roof is closed, it'll be fine. Not sure long term storage is a good idea though, especially through the winter months.

As long as there's room for it when the roof is closed, it'll be fine. Not sure long term storage is a good idea though, especially through the winter months.
Thank you Bav, do you think from a hygiene perspective?

Thank you Bav, do you think from a hygiene perspective?
Prolonged storage in cold/damp conditions may encourage mould & fungal growth, but on a summer road-trip or camp that shouldn't be a problem.

It’s from PopTops AKA Streamline. It is taller than most, as it was cut to go over the arial on the cab. I wasn’t too happy about the height originally, but now I store the air mattress and mattress topper up there. Loads more space in the van as a consequence, so happy with that. Not so happy with the fitter overall, that’s a different story.

It’s from PopTops AKA Streamline. It is taller than most, as it was cut to go over the arial on the cab. I wasn’t too happy about the height originally, but now I store the air mattress and mattress topper up there. Loads more space in the van as a consequence, so happy with that. Not so happy with the fitter overall, that’s a different story.
Ahhh that sounds class. I wish mine was! Have you had a bad experience? I purchased mine pre fitted out too. It’s such a minefield

Ahhh that sounds class. I wish mine was! Have you had a bad experience? I purchased mine pre fitted out too. It’s such a minefield
Well as you asked… The factory is a mess, they covered my van in swarf, including in my reversing camera connection, and I’m still working to reduce the creaking.

Swarf - the dust you get when you saw through steel. Invisible until it rains a couple of weeks later, and your van comes out in a rash.

Back