Where to store deflated air mattress?

manicism

VIP Member
Hello all,

I am looking advice on where people store their deflated air mattresses? They take up a lot of room rolled up.

Have read that they can be stored in the pop top. Is this wise? And can you fit x2 up there deflated?

Is there any risk of accidental self inflation if stored in different temperatures.

I have 112 rib bed. And looking at the outdoor revolution mattresses.

Yes. Probably. No.

I keep mine in the poptop bed, but I do have a generous 90mm clearance there.
Thanks. Answers my biggest fear that climate changes could cause them to inflate spontaneously.

Hopefully they will both fit.

Next issue- from watching some of the videos they seem to need some strange caterpillar dancing to get them to deflate. Is there an easier way? As can’t see them being so popular if take that much effort to deflate.

If you are leaving it in the poptop, just open the valves. If you want to put it in a bag, I fold mine along the long axis, then roll up towards the valves.

I suspect they’re SIM or self inflating mattresses?

I put one in my poptop and it did seem to expand slightly and lift my poptop. I only noticed as the poptop was a bit noisier than normal on the motorway. I just fold it three times width ways and store it on the rearmost part of the RIB bed.

Back