HiLo PopTop - mattress

I got the proper HiLo mattress and it's paper thin, my kids are ok on it, but it kills my back.

I'm watching this with interest as I'd love to know if anything would fit up there instead with the roof down.

Makes your own up with upholstery foam. There’s different densities & thickness available on line.
I made mine up for the Cali rear multi board. I chose the firmness to suit my wrecked back and it works a treat. Saved loads toooooo...

I use an Exped downmat inflatable mattress when I sleep up top. Comes with a ‘schnozzle’ inflator which blows it up manually in about 90 seconds. Filled with down so toasty warm. The trick is to inflate it to your body weight which for me is roughly 3/4 full, otherwise if fully inflated it’s like any other air bed - sleeping on a balloon! You quickly suss it out.

LINKY

Always have the best nights sleep, and I let it down and leave it up there. Very robust too

Hi , looking for a mattress to fit a lwb Hilo pop top. Any suggestions, as they don’t appear to do one. Thanks
Richard

From what I've seen they are very thin due to the limited space. Sure there are posts for alternatives on here?

Yeah you’re right. The space below the outer roof skin and the bed is so tight you will struggle to get anything other than an inflatable mattress in there and still be able to close the roof properly.

Duvalay for me. You cant have your Cake and eat it. If you have a low profile roof, don’t expect loads of storage on top of the bed :thumbsup:

From what I’ve read about HiLo roofs you might want a waterproof mattress:uh run:

Not a HiLo but ....

Looks like the perfect solution. Thank you... sold out at decathlon- hardly surprising during lockdown, but will get when back in stock.
Much appreciated

Looks like the perfect solution. Thank you... sold out at decathlon- hardly surprising during lockdown, but will get when back in stock.
Much appreciated
I managed to get hold of one of these today (few in stock in a store in Manchester). Tried it in the Hilo just now, we have a LWB so the length is perfect but it is a fraction too wide. It will do the job but is does press against the canvas slightly on the sides so I do wonder if it's raining whether that would cause the water to transfer through.... It's not perfect but it's the narrowest mattress I could find after hours of searching!

I couldn’t find one. I’ve bought a dream catcher double and am going to try this tomorrow….

You can get hiking ones which are quite thin and tend to be coffin shaped to save weight.
I’m guessing you want a thicker one for a van

Ordered one of these today, which is made for VW campers. Not cheap, but from all the reading I’ve done, an excellent bit of kit.

Hi, just had a Hi-lo roof installed recently, and wish to get purchase a decent mattress.

After re-search, i think the sea to summit self-inflating double mattress is for us, as I am a side sleeper and this one seems to be good. I know these roofs have a low profile, limiting the space for storage. The intention being to store it whilst deflated, in the roof space.

Question being, does anyone use a similar mattress style, and store in the way I am intending, or has any helpful tips. Can you also confirm the space within the roof for such a mattress, please.

We have a T6 LWB

btw.....the roof does not leak !.....yet !!,

cheers

Hi, just had a Hi-lo roof installed recently, and wish to get purchase a decent mattress.

After re-search, i think the sea to summit self-inflating double mattress is for us, as I am a side sleeper and this one seems to be good. I know these roofs have a low profile, limiting the space for storage. The intention being to store it whilst deflated, in the roof space.

Question being, does anyone use a similar mattress style, and store in the way I am intending, or has any helpful tips.
Can you also confirm the space within the roof for such a mattress, please.

We have a T6 LWB

btw.....the roof does not leak !.....yet !!,

cheers
You may struggle with space in the HiLo, depending on how flat that mattress will go.
@Ozi, @russ_e or @Honest_Bertie mught be able to tell you this as a search shows they’ve bought the same brand.

I’ve got a SWB HiLo Sport and think the bed measures 118cm wide, but this was fitted in 2017 so may well be different to their current spec. Whichever you choose, you won’t want the mattress touching the sides as it may bridge and subsequently bring in damp.
Here’s a cheap and simple solution:

It's an ebay special, folds into 4 sections held together in a bundle by velcro straps. Serves as a handy seat / foot rest when needed; usually sits on rear shelf behind the bed/seat but will also tuck under the bed. Was 120cm wide, I trimmed to 110 to fit better. I think it's 75mm foam so approx 30 cm high when folded.

Back