Hi I'm Solow Suspension, here to help.

I've been running Solow NSL's since the start of March when they first came out. They were fitted by Chris @ The Van Cave.

I can't fault them at all. The ride quality is really good and equally as good as the B14 Komforts that I had on before.

Hope that helps anyone who is thinking of buying them.

53CD5F14-7B22-4EC6-B8CC-FAD67FFC359C_1_105_c.jpeg

Sell it for another van, or leaving the Transporter scene? :(

It looks stunning by the way. We get the towing question asked a lot. As your's shows, lowering can really help towing as it brings the van down, to keep the tow hitch in a nice straight line with the caravan.
I'm moving to Australia so I'll probably get another one out there as the practicality of the van is perfect for me. The best vehicle I've owned.

Its actually more, 33mm smaller though the effect on height of the van and the tyre to arch distance is just half that so 16.5mm
View attachment 216719
I was looking at the back wheels! ;)
275/35/20 is about 21mm larger in diameter. You're also 10mm down on the rears so it should look noticeably lower.
That was the gist of my comparison given that your ride height was questioned.

Last edited:
I've been running Solow NSL's since the start of March when they first came out. They were fitted by Chris @ The Van Cave.

I can't fault them at all. The ride quality is really good and equally as good as the B14 Komforts that I had on before.

Hope that helps anyone who is thinking of buying them.

View attachment 216680
Still love this. Looks

I've just had some rear Komfort coils fitted to replace some cracked Bilstein coils. It seems to be sitting higher, will it settle in and do I need to have the wheel alignment done?

@Solow Suspension Andy, what's the lowest (approx) you can drop a T6.1 on Solow Lows before you get driveshaft judder? As I understand it there aren't any shortened driveshafts and a subframe raise isn't as simple because of the electric power steering??

Thanks!

Last edited:
@Solow Suspension Andy (or others) what is your experience of running h&r arbs with solow low? Currently have T32 arbs will I notice a significant difference? People seem to rate them but can't say I have seen any feedback from people with solows fitted.

@Solow Suspension Andy (or others) what is your experience of running h&r arbs with solow low? Currently have T32 arbs will I notice a significant difference? People seem to rate them but can't say I have seen any feedback from people with solows fitted.
I'm a big fan of them, they really compliment low coilovers. I'll always fit them on my own vehicle. You'll notice a big difference, they really improve body roll and sway which is really noticeable on such a big slab sided vehicle.

@JB_T5.1 I had Solow low (original) coilovers and H&R ARB's fitted to my T32. I appreciate that having both fitted at the same time, as I did, will mask individual changes but the reduction in body roll was significant.
I've since switched to BMVS Edition Bilsteins but kept the ARB's and the body control is still superb.

@JB_T5.1 I had Solow low (original) coilovers and H&R ARB's fitted to my T32. I appreciate that having both fitted at the same time, as I did, will mask individual changes but the reduction in body roll was significant.
I've since switched to BMVS Edition Bilsteins but kept the ARB's and the body control is still superb.
Thanks what was your reason for changing to the BMVS?

Finally managed to give the van a quick wash after having the Solow Coilovers fitted by @supremeconversions on Monday last week.

Have to say the lads @supremeconversions in Telford have done an amazing job.

These Solow Coilovers have absolutely transformed the van in every sense. The ride is sooooo smooth, not more steering wheel snapping from side to side when I hit a minor bump. It’s a pleasure to drive. I wasn’t sure what height to drop to so took advise from the lads. There is plenty more these can be lowered by apparently.

Heading back in a couple of weeks to have Hunter 4 wheel alignment done.

IMG_4633.jpeg

IMG_4631.jpeg

Does anyone know if you can buy replacement springs? If so which ones are they and where from.
I need new rears

Hi @ solow

What’s the best set up for a t28, full camper conversion, needs to tow a horse trailer now and again, be able to get under 2.1 barriers, handle well , but a comfortable ride !, I’ve a contacted crs for a set up, and a few others . I messaged davtec about some engine work and he mentioned solow, to me , then I saw this thread , so what do you suggest?would air suit or the coil overs?
Thanks

Hi @ solow

What’s the best set up for a t28, full camper conversion, needs to tow a horse trailer now and again, be able to get under 2.1 barriers, handle well , but a comfortable ride !, I’ve a contacted crs for a set up, and a few others . I messaged davtec about some engine work and he mentioned solow, to me , then I saw this thread , so what do you suggest?would air suit or the coil overs?
Thanks
Solows will work, air will give you more options in terms of controllable height adjustment if your budget allows.

Hi @ solow

Thanks
Air suspension is the ultimate solution for your needs if your budget can stretch to it. It's perfect for towing, will easily get you under 2.1m barriers, ride comfortably and look the absolute dogs when you park up and air out. If you go for a height based management system it will even automatically compensate for the extra weight of whatever you're towing or whatever you have loaded in for camping by automatically increasing/decreasing pressure to the bags to make sure your chosen ride height stays exactly as it should be. SoLow management even has the added convenience of self levelling for camping, so uneven pitches needn't be a problem for you.

I'm an experienced air suspension installer and have several options that could suit your needs. Feel free to drop me a direct message if you would like to discuss air suspension options further.

Hi @ solow

Thanks
Just want to throw my few cents in here. I'm on SoLow Low so down 105mm and love the ride quality and how it looks. I too have a T28, albeit a T5.1. Mine too is a fully loaded camper but I found the rear Solow springs a little too soft and didn't like having to have the adjusters at full height just to get the back level with the front which is nearly at full height. My solution was to use a pair of Eibach Comfort Lows -60mm springs with just using the collar and no rings (adjuster delete in a way). As it is now it's perfect, ride quality is excellent and for my needs and wheel/tyre set up I dont need or want to go any lower.
2_z54za4.jpeg

Back