H4 To H7 Upgrade

Do you recommend this upgrade? because there is limited my money. Do you have a little more improvement in my headlights? I'm always on a long trip. 4-5 thousand kilometers per month. I just want to see better. I also use philips h4 racing vision. I wonder about your
I would recommend the H7 conversion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got properly dazzled to the point of it being really dangerous by an LED lighted T6 earlier; I was in the BM on a narrow, slightly uphill stretch of road.

So they may give out a decent output but they are bloody awful for oncoming drivers.

Also noted that a few LED T6 light owners on “that” forum keep getting flashed at (with lights...) for dazzling others.

So H7s are a good option for those with others safety in mind. :geek:

I noticed a few other dazzling lights too; Mercedes’s ones are pretty bad too.

I'm often embarrassed by my LED lights, I'm convinced that oncoming vehicles can't see my indicators at night.

Also noted that a few LED light owners on “that” forum keep getting flashed at (with lights...) for dazzling others.

Is that owners with factory fitted LEDs or people that have fitted them afterwards without self-levelling?
I must say I find some of the new Merc and Audi ones irritating, the ones that don’t actually dip but just turn off some segments if they detect incoming vehicles. It just doesn’t work in practice and they end up seriously dazzling oncoming vehicles.

Is that owners with factory fitted LEDs or people that have fitted them afterwards without self-levelling?
I must say I find some of the new Merc and Audi ones irritating, the ones that don’t actually dip but just turn off some segments if they detect incoming vehicles. It just doesn’t work in practice and they end up seriously dazzling oncoming vehicles.

All factory fitted as was this van tonight (I know the owner): sounds like the main problem is self levelling failing to get hills right but this was the worst dazzle I’ve had in a while; actually hurt my eyes.

I noticed a driver the other night holding his hand up to prevent glare from his wing mirror as I overtook him. The wide beam from the LED's does seem illuminate the interiors of lower cars as you pass.

My BM headlights (factory xenons) manage to do a fine job without dazzling others but I think it might partly be over bright headlights on high vehicles; on a downhill section any oncoming traffic gets a full lumen eye bashing.

But as mentioned I’ve seen normal height recent Mercs with dazzling lights too.

Clearly having good lights is essential but I think more work is needed on not dazzling others.

Over the weekend I was using a H4 equipped van, whilst on main beam accidently I found nobody flashed, a little investigation later (I did feel guilty) I found only trucks flashed back never a car.

Hi
Fancy trying this out as a solution to the poor H4’s. Is there any friendly Vcds user who can do the programming near Northallerton? For a few beers??

Thanks

Starts at around 250 for a lead with a 3 VIN license upto 450 for an unlimited VIN unit

Has anyone seen these from Travelinlite Ltd?
T6 Drl headlights £450

Dont forget our T6 headlights are the only ones available that work on all euro 5 / 6 and dipped beam will stay on when you switch to full to give more light on the road. These headlights outperform the factory candle headlights due to the fact the beam goes through a projector to give ultimate performance on the road.

✅ E marked & road legal
✅ 100 % quality
✅ perfect fitment sane as oem
✅ Plug and play design
✅ Great performance on the road
✅ Free H7 super white bulbs
✅ Free H1 extreme vision bulbs
✅ Free chrome indicator bulbs
✅ Canbus error free on euro 5 / 6
✅ Dipped will stay on with full beam

hi looking for some advice just been in the local van centre to price H7 headlights and was asked for the chassis number so they could check to see if it would work told me it would only work on certain vans I thought it was a straight swop

Back