H4 To H7 Upgrade

A passenger side here, worth a punt and wait for a driver side? Bit of a scuff though:

Or another Passenger side only, this time brand new but no bulbs:

Sorry for what is probably an obvious question, the caravelle T6 headlight, apart from the bulbs they use is the actual look and arrangement any different? If I upgrade to the caravelle is this a step toeward LEDS or is the LED yet another unit? Sorry 34 pages and numerous posts is driving me nuts! I need to improve my experience driving my T^ highline at night! Thanks!!

Sorry for what is probably an obvious question, the caravelle T6 headlight, apart from the bulbs they use is the actual look and arrangement any different? If I upgrade to the caravelle is this a step toeward LEDS or is the LED yet another unit? Sorry 34 pages and numerous posts is driving me nuts! I need to improve my experience driving my T^ highline at night! Thanks!!
Post #1 in this thread shows you a comparison between the H4 and H7 headlights. They look very similar but the layout of DRL and main beam is slightly different. You can fit LED bulbs in either but these are illegal and an MOT failure.

The other option are the aftermarket headlights such as those from THQ which are a completely different unit again. They have LED DRL as standard. They can also take LED or HID dipped beam bulbs, although they are technically still an MOT failure but unlikely to be spotted as they are hidden behind the projector.

Reactions: CAB
Post #1 in this thread shows you a comparison between the H4 and H7 headlights. They look very similar but the layout of DRL and main beam is slightly different. You can fit LED bulbs in either but these are illegal and an MOT failure.

The other option are the aftermarket headlights such as those from THQ which are a completely different unit again. They have LED DRL as standard. They can also take LED or HID dipped beam bulbs, although they are technically still an MOT failure but unlikely to be spotted as they are hidden behind the projector.
Thank you, so if I buy a set of caravelle H7 headlights this will improve the lighting at night? Or will buying better H4 be on a par?

Hey guys. I don't want to gazump another person who's recorded an interest first but if it doesn't work out I'm definitely interested. I am in Berkshire so happy to come and pick it up. Just let me know.

It has got the 'figure of 8' attachment right?

Thank you, so if I buy a set of caravelle H7 headlights this will improve the lighting at night? Or will buying better H4 be on a par?
H7's but with upgraded bulbs.

Reactions: CAB
I’ve tried loads of different bulbs on the H4 at a fair cost and made not much difference then bought a pair of H7 off a fellow member for not much more than I spent on bulbs for the H4 and the difference is night and day! Don’t waste your money trying to make the H4 better there just bad units at night

No, they are different units. The Caravelle headlights as you call them, are known on this forum as H7 units. They were an option on any transporter.
They come up quite regularly on ebay, marketplace etc or some converters may have them. You can also buy new units from VW or aftermarket copies.
You will need to code your vehicle to keep the low beam on when you switch to high beam.

Thank you
No, they are different units. The Caravelle headlights as you call them, are known on this forum as H7 units. They were an option on any transporter.
They come up quite regularly on ebay, marketplace etc or some converters may have them. You can also buy new units from VW or aftermarket copies.
You will need to code your vehicle to keep the low beam on when you switch to high beam.
Thank you,
This is my PV with second hand H7 lights, with the drl's changed to LED bulbs, which is legal.

View attachment 185984

View attachment 185985
looks great!

Hardest bits is getting bumper off but not difficult about half hour then simple swap plug and play think I done mine in around hour and a half fitted new bulbs first as easy access then just code them up as said above but can be driven without coding just makes it a better

Hardest bits is getting bumper off but not difficult about half hour then simple swap plug and play think I done mine in around hour and a half fitted new bulbs first as easy access then just code them up as said above but can be driven without coding just makes it a better
Getting the bumper back on was giving me the right sodding hump. :devil:
Well, the trim clip from bumper to arch.

Back