[Guide] [T6_modified] T6 Webasto Aux/Parking (water) Heater Configuration with VCDS

Thanks again - and hopefully my final dumb question! I am trying to purchase this kit:

The seller is asking if I definitely need the T91R and not T91.

I have an early 2016 T6 Caravelle with Thermo Top Evo (Euro 6 engine) -would the linked kit work with my webasto or do I need the non R version? Thanks again, James
Actually I'm not exactly sure what T91 and T91R are referring to. Sellers seem to use them a bit vaguely.

Some hopefully clarifying details here:

Thus either of these works:
Remote control receiver 5Q0 963 513 A - with oval remote controller part# ???
or
Remote control receiver 3Q0 963 513 - with square remote 3G0 963 511 -/A/B (generally seem to be even less expensive ;), newer). This square remote does not have markings T91 nor T91R in it.
3Q0963513.png

PS. There are no dumb questions :thumbsup:

Thank you - very helpful. One seller told me the R was:
T91 has feedback function (remote shows fault codes form heater if such appears), T91R does not have this feature. Also some other features are limited on t91R.
According year of manufacture you would need LIN or even STH version in situation when auxiliary heater is original.

I have ordered the following in the end:

Thank you so far! :)

1613252124703.png
coding 4001 Engine running - A/C system ON - WebastoON
1613501998291.png
coding 4101 Engine running - A/C system ON - WebastoON
1613502000295.png

Coding 4101 Engine running - A/C system OFF - WebastoOFF
Hmmm... running out of ideas... only thing left is to check how the measurement values are when Webasto is running.
C
If still no success perhaps you could record all measurement values again Engine running - A/C system ON -> so that Webasto is running (after 3 minutes).
Perhaps you could do it then manually - all the measuring values - tick 12 values at a time, Save, tick next 12 values, Save,.... there are total of 165 of them.

Hmmm... running out of ideas... only thing left is to check how the measurement values are when Webasto is running.
Engine running - A/C system ON -> so that Webasto is running (after 3 minutes).

Attachments

• Log-WV2ZZZ7HZHHхххххх.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mmi
Engine running - A/C system ON -> so that Webasto is running (after 3 minutes).
Thank you very much. I think I have learned quite a bit of how Webasto aux.heater is integrated into T6.

It seems that Webasto indeed needs a request also from A/C System to turn on. Running engine in cold (below +5C) alone does not turn Webasto on.

However, I'd expect that most of us would have A/C system set to heating+heater blower on anyways, so this shouldn't be a problem?
1613841681024.png

So, I think we have reached the conclusion that the Webasto works as designed by VW? No faults. All the "signals"- e.g. engine running, A/C heating request, etc - are detected.

Attached a pdf-file including the data you just provided.

Attachments

• 18-Aux.heater-blockmaps_1c_nni359_d (T6F).pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 11
So I managed to get my firmware updated via VCP yesterday thanks to using the VCP user map. Nice friendly guy who was very helpful and all sorted quickly with no problems!

I dont have the kit to connect up yet - waiting for it to arrive from Poland. But just posting up what OBDEleven is now showing and a couple more questions for connecting up!

Firstly the fault code - I assume this is the code from not having a controller connected?

Secondly - for connecting up the telestart. Is it literally a case of positive to the fuse holder and put in appropriate (5amp?) Fuse? Negative to earth point below and signal wire to red connector with green wire? How is it wired to the green wire? Do I need a connector type or do I solder into the wire itself?

Thanks again guys :thumbsup:

Screenshot_20210221-100708_OBDeleven.jpg

Screenshot_20210221-100721_OBDeleven.jpg

So I managed to get my firmware updated via VCP yesterday thanks to using the VCP user map. Nice friendly guy who was very helpful and all sorted quickly with no problems!

I dont have the kit to connect up yet - waiting for it to arrive from Poland. But just posting up what OBDEleven is now showing and a couple more questions for connecting up!

Firstly the fault code - I assume this is the code from not having a controller connected?

Secondly - for connecting up the telestart. Is it literally a case of positive to the fuse holder and put in appropriate (5amp?) Fuse? Negative to earth point below and signal wire to red connector with green wire? How is it wired to the green wire? Do I need a connector type or do I solder into the wire itself?

Thanks again guys :thumbsup:

View attachment 104725

View attachment 104726
You are correct with your answered questions :thumbsup:.
All of this has been discussed in detail below.

The fault is because of missing overhead control panel - nothing to worry about.

To enable the controller (for remote) use OBDeleven Long coding (Remote control).
You do have Climatronic A/C?
(If not, for Climatic A/C "Front fresh air blower" needs to be set directly controlled (+add wiring for that).)
Basically yes - just the power. Signal wire should be green/white (connector T17p pin 1) as here:

Remote sync/learning:
1. Verify the remote: press OFF ▷ blinking red light on the remote.​
2. Power OFF the controller (5Q0963513A or 3Q0963513) for at least 5 seconds. OEM setup fuse SC54 (7.5A)​
3. Power ON the controller.​
4. After approx. 2 seconds (but before 6 secs) press OFF on the remote for 1 second.​
5. Verify by pressing OFF again ▷ steady red light on the remote (instead of blinking).​

Perfect thank you - will fit with 7.5a fuse.

Thanks for wiring info - I'm more after the mechanics of how best to fit it to the adapter without cutting into the green/white wire in the block? Or is that the best way? Will be fitting this next weekend when the kit has turned up

Perfect thank you - will fit with 7.5a fuse.

Thanks for wiring info - I'm more after the mechanics of how best to fit it to the adapter without cutting into the green/white wire in the block? Or is that the best way? Will be fitting this next weekend when the kit has turned up
You should have a pair connectors - where green/white is only on the one from Webasto.
The most sophisticated way would be to add a pin to the other "van side"connector (vacant pin 1) -->

Could use so called "repair wires" e.g. -->
Not sure, but I'd guess the small one 000 979 025EA might be the one needed.

So I finally got round to fitting this (kit arrived yesterday as it came from Poland).

It was fairly straight forward - only complication I had was connecting up power to the telestart unit as I didn't t have a fuse holder style connector or any spares under the seat. So I took love feed from the webasto loom live input (taped in) via a 12v fuse holder to the telestart.

For the ground I used the underneath factory ground bolt. For the signal wire I removed the green and white cable from the block and used a 1mm pin on the end of the loom I changed (comes with female not male connection which wouldn't work).

All working fine as it should and setup to heat the engine too (change over valve setting) which I'll change in the summer to only heat the cabin. Just need to replace the starter battery now as its only a 68Ah and 5 years old so starting to struggle!

Thanks for all the help on here - this made it a sub £200 mod vs £6-700 to get someone to do it! Pictures below for reference of connections

20210301_194421.jpg

20210302_120256.jpg

20210302_145150.jpg

20210302_145212.jpg

This is a really interesting post. I am working on a friends van at the moment. It's come all the way from northern Norway to Scotland to be converted from a panel van to a family shuttle.

It has a Webasto coolant heater, factory installed, with remote module but NO REMOTES! I have ordered a new remote but will need to code it once it arrives. I've done a VCDS scan and noticed there is no label file for the aux heater. I haven't seen this before.

Do I need a label file before I can interrogate the module properly to code this remote or am I missing something obvious?
I have posted a request on the VCDS forum for some help but I noticed @mmi seems to be the resident expert in this section :)
VW Transporter 2012 - Webasto Aux heater remote coding (label file none)

Any help or guidance gratefully received.
Craig.
Hi. How you found that you have remote module? I need to check in my T6 because its no remote on webasto, and I have to add.

Back