[Guide] [T6_modified] T6 Webasto Aux/Parking (water) Heater Configuration with VCDS

My Coding 4000-> Webasto always turns on when engine is started below +5C
A bit confused now - possibly your special module does it. However, more likely your A/C system requested heater to turn on. Try setting A/C system to max. cold and see if the heater still turns on.
If i change byte 1, bit 0 => 1how will webasta behave?
It would be the same. Webasto always turns on when engine is started below +5C

Try setting A/C system to max. cold and see if the heater still turns on.
Coding 4000-> A/C system -off, engine - on, Webasto- off if A/C system -on, engine - on, Webasto- on
Webasto always turns on when engine is started below +5C
Webasto did not turn on when starting the engine below + 5C when the A/C system is off
Coding 4001-> A/C system -off, engine - on, Webasto- off if A/C system -on, engine - on, Webasto- on.

Coding 4000-> A/C system -off, engine - on, Webasto- off if A/C system -on, engine - on, Webasto- on

Webasto did not turn on when starting the engine below + 5C when the A/C system is off
Coding 4001-> A/C system -off, engine - on, Webasto- off if A/C system -on, engine - on, Webasto- on.
Thanks for the information. My guess is your special module has a role in the puzzle.

The logic of mine (OEM) is very straightforward - Webasto starts always with engine when below +5C (cold engine). This autostart is active when the mentioned byte 1, bit 0 ="1".

My guess is your special module has a role in the puzzle.
The experiment was carried out with the module disabled (w-bus)
The logic of mine (OEM) is very straightforward - Webasto starts always with engine when below +5C (cold engine). This autostart is active when the mentioned byte 1, bit 0 ="1".
Webasto did not start when coding byte 1, bit 0 ="1" and A/C system is off

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
The experiment was carried out with the module disabled (w-bus)

Webasto did not start when coding byte 1, bit 0 ="1" and A/C system is off
A bit confusing :unsure:. One more check then...
  1. Turn ignition on
  2. Make a note, or let the VCDS record the following data "channels" in Adv. Meas. Values (in module 18-Aux. heater). Click "Log" to start recording into an Excel file.
    • IDE00025 Coolant temperature
    • IDE00310-MAS05093 Outside temperature-Outside air temperature: raw value (unfiltered)
    • IDE00588 Fuel tank fill level
    • IDE00707 Operating mode
    • IDE01263 Coolant temperature of parking heater
    • IDE01348-IDE00025 Switch-on conditions for auxiliary heater-Coolant temperature
    • IDE01348-IDE00310 Switch-on conditions for auxiliary heater-Outside temperature
    • IDE01463-MAS05031 Parking heater: operating condition-Heating performance
  3. Start the engine,
  4. Make a note of the data values at 1 minute, at 2 minutes, at 3 minutes, at 5 minutes, at 10 minutes.

Thanks, but slightly off - actually I was hoping to see the green line - you had ticked one off.
1612732487143.png
Anyways - we proved the heater indeed didn't even try to turn on. So mystery remains what's the inhibiting factor.

Hmmm... noticed that you didn't provide the blockmap-file yet. See my post earlier --> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/gui...ater-configuration-with-vcds.6824/post-345805
You got the file blockmap-18-....???

-----------
If the above (blockmap-18-files) works then ideal would be if you could do the following
  1. Turn ignition on
  2. Go to: VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
  3. Click "Go"
  4. Start the engine
  5. Click "Go" at 1 minute, at 2 minutes, at 4 minutes,
  6. Turn your A/C system on - after 1 minute click "Go".
1612733748217.png
You should have now 5 separate files blockmap-18-....
Please upload the files.

Also a full VCDS scan would be useful - even a non-english will do.

Thanks, but slightly off - actually I was hoping to see the green line - you had ticked one off.
View attachment 102500
Ticks were standing. Second log Аfter 10 minutes manually turned on A/C system --> Webasto- on
13:09:40
IDE00025 Coolant temperature 31 °C
IDE00310 Outside air temperature -9.5 °C
IDE00588 Fuel tank fill level 34 l
IDE00707 Operating mode OFF
IDE01263 Coolant temperature of parking heater 30 °C
IDE01348-IDE00002 Switch-on conditions for auxiliary heater-Transport mode not active
IDE01348-IDE00025 Switch-on conditions for auxiliary heater-Coolant temperature OK
IDE01463-MAS01458 Operating condition of parking heater-Operating condition OFF
IDE01463-MAS05031 Operating condition of parking heater-Heater output 0.0 %
13:10:12
IDE00025 Coolant temperature 32 °C
IDE00310 Outside air temperature -9.0 °C
IDE00588 Fuel tank fill level 34 l
IDE00707 Operating mode Aux. heat.
IDE01263 Coolant temperature of parking heater 31 °C
IDE01348-IDE00002 Switch-on conditions for auxiliary heater-Transport mode not active
IDE01348-IDE00025 Switch-on conditions for auxiliary heater-Coolant temperature OK
IDE01463-MAS01458 Operating condition of parking heater-Operating condition Start
IDE01463-MAS05031 Operating condition of parking heater-Heater output 0.0 %
If the above (blockmap-18-files) works then ideal would be if you could do the following
Not work

Perhaps you could do it then manually - all the measuring values - tick 12 values at a time, Save, tick next 12 values, Save,.... there are total of 165 of them.
Engine running - A/C system off.

Please post also a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan.

Perhaps you could do it then manually - all the measuring values - tick 12 values at a time, Save, tick next 12 values, Save,.... there are total of 165 of them.
Engine running - A/C system off.

Attachments

• Log-WV2ZZZ7HZHHхххххх.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: mmi
Here are the suspicious differences between your data and mine (aux.heater running). In the attachment - all the parameters are listed.
1613252124703.png

For some reason your data is missing undervoltage threshold value (see the blank red fields above).

However, the low voltage threshold value is listed in the adaptation map (your earlier post).
1613252992950.png

So, it looks like that the first red line is inhibiting the aux.heater to turn on. However, the mystery remains is why the heater then turns on when A/C system is switched on.

-------
You could try the following:

A
Change Adaptation value e.g to 11.4 V and then check if the red measurement values (above) then get meaningful values (=same as mine as above).
1613252992950.png
Then please check the following measurement values again:​
1613290317909.png
-------

If the above doesn't work then
B
Change heater's coding to 4101 (Byte 0, bit 0 => "1") - this disables heater's internal low voltage detection. Instead van's energy management is used. Perhaps this works better because energy management is in same state in yours and mine.​
1613253885779.png
1613295599901.png
-------

C
If still no success perhaps you could record all measurement values again Engine running - A/C system ON -> so that Webasto is running (after 3 minutes).

-------
Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 18-Aux.heater-blockmaps_1c_nni359_b.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 9
Hope this is OK to post here rather than starting a new thread. Is there anyone based in/near the Midlands who has the equipment/software to upgrade the firmware of the webasto to be able to use as a parking heater? Loads of information on here but getting a flash tool is expensive for one time use unless anyone can point me to the stuff cheaper? Thanks in advance - this thread has been really useful so far!

Sorry to post again - I've found someone local to me to do this via VCP. I'm going to take the file shared on the forum to flash the heater. Does anyone know if its OK to flash without having the telestart kit attached? I've yet to buy the kit but want to get the heater flashed ahead of installing. Thanks in advance

Sorry to post again - I've found someone local to me to do this via VCP. I'm going to take the file shared on the forum to flash the heater. Does anyone know if its OK to flash without having the telestart kit attached? I've yet to buy the kit but want to get the heater flashed ahead of installing. Thanks in advance
Yes, of course. No change to current functionality - runs as auxiliary coolant heater.

Thanks for the quick reply - do you know how long it takes to flash the file? I've seen some people say to keep battery on charge in case it takes a while? Also should the van be completely switched off or on for the update? Sorry for all the basic questions!

Thanks for the quick reply - do you know how long it takes to flash the file? I've seen some people say to keep battery on charge in case it takes a while? Also should the van be completely switched off or on for the update? Sorry for all the basic questions!
I'd expect it takes a few minutes, @Robert did the actual flashing in 1min32seconds ---> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/oem...-to-parking-heater-retrofit.17607/post-242461

It's a good common practise to have a decent charger connected - just to avoid the undesirable. Ignition is ON during the update to power up OBD port + CANbus gateway + actual controller. The van draws a minimum of 15 Amps when ignition on so it's a significant load but not an extreme - so works even without charger. Anyways, turning off heater blower, lights, etc. is a good idea.

Thanks again - and hopefully my final dumb question! I am trying to purchase this kit:

The seller is asking if I definitely need the T91R and not T91.

I have an early 2016 T6 Caravelle with Thermo Top Evo (Euro 6 engine) -would the linked kit work with my webasto or do I need the non R version? Thanks again, James

Back