Retrofit Telestart T90 on T5GP ThermoTopC: recognized, but does not start

Try 4 units Telstart and thermo test run webasto with wbus I understand what block webasto

View attachment 233002
Unfortunately, due to language limitations, it's hard to understand what you mean.
There could be several things that go wrong with your setup.
  1. Your webasto mainboard might be dead. Test it with webasto sw.
  2. The telestart units on the photo might not be compatible.
  3. Telestart units might be dead.
  4. The remote might not be compatible
What I can see from the photo:
1. Your remote is DEFINITELY not compatible with all of the telestart units. It might be compatible with 2 of them but I don't know for sure.
2. Some of telestart units I think are also not compatible.

I think if you don't have the skills in this stuff, starting with a naked board and a bunch of non-matching remotes/telestarts might be a bit of a too ambitous goal...

Good luck!

All ECU work. remote adaptation to telestart no problem with ODIS!Webasto Start with engine, or WTT communication via Wbus no problem, with odis webasto test OK.
Telestart compatible no problem I VW telestart instal to Mercedes and webasto start!
In my webasto with diagnostics remote wisible when touch ON in remote!
the same problem that he described at the beginning

All ECU work. remote adaptation to telestart no problem with ODIS!Webasto Start with engine, or WTT communication via Wbus no problem, with odis webasto test OK.
Telestart compatible no problem I VW telestart instal to Mercedes and webasto start!
In my webasto with diagnostics remote wisible when touch ON in remote!
the same problem that he described at the beginning
Switching back from PM.
I am not a pro but this is what I would do:

1. Test it with vcds (or odis) & check errors. Manually start it without engine running. If ok go to step 2.
2. Connect w-bus to the webasto thermo test and try to start using w-bus.
If this is working, your heater is fine and the problem is with Telestart.

3. Connect Telestart w-bus version and and try to start heater using Telestart WITHOUT remote. To do this, you short pin 4 to 12v on pin1. If webasto doesn't start, you have a failed Telestart unit.

Back