[Guide] Enable rear speaker fader in a T6

I need these too, I’ve accidentally bought the smaller version. Anyone know where to buy them?

If you click on the link @Pauly put in his message it will take you to them in the forum shop.

There’s no buy button, which I assume is because of the reason NickPr gives above - they’re out of stock. The only source I’ve found sells them in batches of 50...

Any way I can bodge the connection in until I can acquire the proper terminals? Some kind of spade crimp fed through the quadlock or something?

Can't you still get them off VW in pairs with a bit of yellow wire between? Of are these things totally different?

I have wired the rear speakers on my T6 2018 into the brown connector spare pins above and below the wires for the front speakers. The speakers work, however to get the full benefit I would like to fade them. I have been to a local garage and they were unable to instal the fade onto the head unit, suggesting there software was 2017 and may not have the option to load this on this model! Has anyone any ideas how I can get this to work?

I have wired the rear speakers on my T6 2018 into the brown connector spare pins above and below the wires for the front speakers. The speakers work, however to get the full benefit I would like to fade them. I have been to a local garage and they were unable to instal the fade onto the head unit, suggesting there software was 2017 and may not have the option to load this on this model! Has anyone any ideas how I can get this to work?
VCDS will do it . . . .

Your garage must of had a clone cable as the latest software is free on Genuine cables.

VCDS Common Alterations Guide

Vcds / Vagcom - How I Done It -

Ah ok thanks. So I'll get the rears in and try and find someone with vdcs to switch on the fader I guess. Hopefully works, mines got the basic t6 head unit.

Just sharing my experience....

I bought an ODB11 dongle and attempted to code my rear fader. I tried a number of things - there isn't an app to change this like some of the other common adaptations and when I eventually found information on the web and tried that it didn't work - came up module coded incorrectly.

On my previous van I used VCDS following the instructions on this post and it worked fine.

So, I have just bought another genuine VCDS HEX2 cable (sold the last one :rolleyes:) and again following these instructions it worked perfectly first time.

I found by holding down the power button on the stereo for 20 seconds made it hard reset, then locked and unlocked the van and the fader option appeared.

VCDS +1
ODB11 has been relegated to the glove box to be used on my phone if I ever get an EML whilst out and about. VCDS will be kept at home for the 'serious' coding jobs.

Just sharing my experience....

I bought an ODB11 dongle and attempted to code my rear fader. I tried a number of things - there isn't an app to change this like some of the other common adaptations and when I eventually found information on the web and tried that it didn't work - came up module coded incorrectly.

On my previous van I used VCDS following the instructions on this post and it worked fine.

So, I have just bought another genuine VCDS HEX2 cable (sold the last one :rolleyes:) and again following these instructions it worked perfectly first time.

I found by holding down the power button on the stereo for 20 seconds made it hard reset, then locked and unlocked the van and the fader option appeared.

VCDS +1
ODB11 has been relegated to the glove box to be used on my phone if I ever get an EML whilst out and about. VCDS will be kept at home for the 'serious' coding jobs.
Are you saying thjat just holding down the power button enabled you to find the fader option or that the HX2 cable AND the hard reset did the trick? I'm guessing the latter????:thumbsup:

Are you saying thjat just holding down the power button enabled you to find the fader option or that the HX2 cable AND the hard reset did the trick? I'm guessing the latter????:thumbsup:
You still need to change the coding via VCDS first.

Some people have reported that even after changing the coding and it saying it was successful the fader didn‘t appear until they had locked the van and waited several hours for it to fully goto sleep and then the fader appeared.

I am saying that I didn’t need to wait and I hard reset the radio and power cycled the ignition and the fader appeared.

Back