[Guide] Enable rear speaker fader in a T6

Yeah no worries send me a pm when you want to meet up and we can arrange something :thumbsup:

Yeah no worries send me a pm when you want to meet up and we can arrange something :thumbsup:

Hi Pauly,

Saw this post and wondered if you had opportunity to do mine too? Am over near Exeter, so not too from Plymouth for me to travel.

Yeah no worries, let me know when you want to come and can work something out

Hi all - this is my first post on this forum! I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction - a mate and I started my T6 conversion yesterday which included fitting rear speakers. I bought a great little kit with everything we needed from Absolut5 so props to him :thumbsup:. My question is, is there anyone with VCDS that could help with coding in Cornwall or Southwest to enable front/rear fader??

When you connect the rear speakers to the head unit what connectors do you need.

These (junior)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1VZVD13EY99Z4

or these (micro)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1VZVD13EY99Z4

Hi for me its not possible to enable fader on rear speakers.
Have read all similar threads on forum but no luck maybe the sleep mode is the problem.
My operation is:
connect vcds cable with latest version 17.1.3
go F5 module
coding
long code helper
and on 5 block select 4 channel, 6 speakers
exit
do it
the message codding accepted is displayed
and exit app
the disconnect the key and wait for 10-15min to enter sleep mode (have tested hours to)
but any change is on fader section.
Also have replaced autolock function with same luck.
Maybe the sleep mode operation is not correct? any suggestion how to?

Many thanks

HI,
New to site , need some info on what to do regarding installing some rear speakers a new T6 Highline.
It has composite media all singing and dancing and I have recently had the interior lined. I ask the installer to put the cables into the rear panels so I could install some speakers ( of my choice) when I wish to, he said that he has connected the speaker cables to the rear of the media system and when I connect the speakers the system will automatically recognise the resistance of the speakers and info would come up on the system regarding rear speakers?
Been on some forums reading about this and it seems as if there's more to it than that, do I need to contact someone with a VCDS unit to activate the rear speaker output??
I am near Leicester so if there's anyone local to me who can help I would be much obliged.

Thanks to all in advance.

Dave N

HI,
New to site , need some info on what to do regarding installing some rear speakers a new T6 Highline.
It has composite media all singing and dancing and I have recently had the interior lined. I ask the installer to put the cables into the rear panels so I could install some speakers ( of my choice) when I wish to, he said that he has connected the speaker cables to the rear of the media system and when I connect the speakers the system will automatically recognise the resistance of the speakers and info would come up on the system regarding rear speakers?
Been on some forums reading about this and it seems as if there's more to it than that, do I need to contact someone with a VCDS unit to activate the rear speaker output??
I am near Leicester so if there's anyone local to me who can help I would be much obliged.

Thanks to all in advance.

Dave N
Hi @da vid, your converter is right and wrong. When you put speakers on the end of the wires they will play music. However; you will have no fader control over them. You need to make a change within VCDS to enable the rear fader within the head unit. It's really easy to do, so a five minute job for someone who has the kit. Take a look at the forum map and see if there are any yellow dots near you, as this identifies a VCDS user. You may then be able to PM them and arrange something.

Hi its imposible for me to program the fader speakers
anybody can explain me step by step,
the operation is the same
My operation is:
go F5 module
coding
long code helper
exit
do it
and exit app
the disconnect the key and wait for 10-15min to enter sleep mode (have tested hours to)

the message code accepted appears but not working
how many time de van is into sleep mode?

Many thanks

Hi its imposible for me to program the fader speakers
anybody can explain me step by step,
the operation is the same
My operation is:
go F5 module
coding
long code helper
exit
do it
and exit app

the message code accepted appears but not working
how many time de van is into sleep mode?

Many thanks
Have you installed the speakers and connected them to the head unit?

Lock it up have a cuppa and try that...some can take a while to accept the coding

This tested to, program accepted code and lock until next day but same results.....

The dtcs can read an erase and communication is ok with cable.

Mistake

Try updating VCDS to the latest version I think it's 17.6 now
The version you are running does not fully work with MY18 vans

Hi guys good news!!!
The mistake is revealed
I upgraded vcs to 17.8 and same result coding accepted but nothing programmed when return to code helper the code wasent changed.
And finally decided to downgrade to version vcs 16.8 and code accepted when go to code helper the code has changed,wait to van go to sleep and voila!!! Fader on
My van works with vcs 16.8 better than 17.1.3 or 17.8.

Many thanks for all your reply and support.

Hi guys good news!!!
The mistake is revealed
I upgraded vcs to 17.8 and same result coding accepted but nothing programmed when return to code helper the code wasent changed.
And finally decided to downgrade to version vcs 16.8 and code accepted when go to code helper the code has changed,wait to van go to sleep and voila!!! Fader on
My van works with vcs 16.8 better than 17.1.3 or 17.8.

Many thanks for all your reply and support.

@Absolut5 , do you think this could be the solution to get mine working, remember even after 2 days you couldn't get the fader option to activate even though vcds said the code was changed?

Back