Adblue consumption 150 vs 204

Crazymind

VIP Member
T6 Guru
don’t know if this info is of any use but I have noticed on the same journey a lot of difference in terms of Adblue consumption between my previous t6 150 and my t6.1 204 btdi. Both van have the same spec, DSG included. Just the engine differs. 150 had a remap (196hp). 2000 miles to Copenhagen (in 2 days) and back. I Used to refill at least 6LT of Adblue after the travel with my 150hp.
The 204 has barely used Adblue. Before leaving, on the dash it was showing 9000 miles left before refilling. At the end it was showing 8200 miles before refilling. Anybody can shine a light on this?

don’t know if this info is of any use but I have noticed on the same journey a lot of difference in terms of Adblue consumption between my previous t6 150 and my t6.1 204 btdi. Both van have the same spec, DSG included. Just the engine differs. 150 had a remap (196hp). 2000 miles to Copenhagen (in 2 days) and back. I Used to refill at least 6LT of Adblue after the travel with my 150hp.
The 204 has barely used Adblue. Before leaving, on the dash it was showing 9000 miles left before refilling. At the end it was showing 8200 miles before refilling. Anybody can shine a light on this?
I’m guessing that the NOX sensor regulates the amount of Adblue injected and that your mapped 150 is consuming more fuel than the 204 and / or the EGR on the mapped 150 is no longer working correctly to lower the combustion temperature.
I suspect the latter.

Back