Allen

VIP Member
Hi there i have been reading the threads regarding folding mirror not working, i have tried some of the ideas but to no avail, i wondered where i can test to see if the motor in the near side has packed up or the wire/switch is the problem. The van is a t6 2017 and it has had a secondhand door fitted and the original mirror refitted

Was the door module swapped out when the door was changed ?
The mirror is driven by the door module (window motor) and relies on this to function correctly

Yes, i bought the van damaged and found a new door and wing, all the complete electrics and window, folding mirror and door card complete with switch were swapped over, when i got the van back from body shop the only thing that does not work is the folding near side mirror, the demister and the adjustment work fine but it does not fold.

Apologies is this has been already discussed. I have an 18 plate Caravelle as an ex demo and randomly the dealership never ticked the folding mirror box. I am looking to get them retro fitted but the problem I am finding is the retro fit one are normal black plastic mounts where as I have black gloss plastic. Anyone ever had the same problem and found a solution
43895E0F-6034-4B15-B02D-8DB286422AF2.jpeg

Does anyone know if you can get your mirrors to fold on locking the van? Mine only fold in if I hold the lock key, is this normally the case? I’m new to the Transporter life.

Thanks

Does anyone know if you can get your mirrors to fold on locking the van? Mine only fold in if I hold the lock key, is this normally the case? I’m new to the Transporter life.

Thanks
This is normal for your model year. They only fold on comfort closing. Keep the lock button pressed until the indicators flash again.

Does anyone have folding mirrors that have the factory gloss plastics
IMG_0082.JPG

I am trying to retro fit mirrors but only the velle has the gloss black plastic mount. Normal T6’s have black abs. So I am looking on dealers who are selling them for a reg number I can give a VW dealer

Quite a while ago I fitted the Audi led wing mirrors indicators to my T6 but in the process of doing the drivers side I got a bit too rough with it and ended up doing something which had now made it not fold up.
when I got a bit rough with it was when I was pulling the cables through into the mirror from where the mirror connects onto the van.
so I’m just wondering, what can I check to see what I’ve damaged? There is no motoring noise when I try fold the mirror up and there is a lot of resistance when I push the mirror up myself.
the passenger mirror still folds up.

I've noticed recently that my nearside mirror doesnt return to position. This isnt always the case and it just takes another twist of the knob to make it return. However its something I may need to look at fixing. Before I examine it at the weekend, has anyone else experienced this and what are possible solutions. Or is it just one of those things that happens now and then with no real issue.

I agree with the others. It may be just dirt. I occasionally clean the rubbing surfaces and then squirt in some silcone oil or polish, just a little. Silicone polish is probably better as it drys harder and wont attract dirt but will repel water. That silicone product used for windows also might do.

Mine still does it occassionally. I wd40'd it too but it will still do it.

Mine had been doing this for a little while, took the van to my local dealers where I bought it from and they agreed to change it with absolutely no quibble at all!

Hello, my drivers side door mirror has stopped folding back. The passenger side works as normal, should I start by checking fuses although not sure if both sides have independent fuses.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hello

I'm a new member and have purchased a 2019 T6 SWB T28 Camper conversion. When operating the folding mirrors the driver side is not operating however the passenger side folds as expected. I have checked the fuses (unsure if each door has a dedicated fuse for the mirror function) and all looks to be good.

I removed the mirror cover and all fittings appear to be ok although the mirror cover has been replaced at some point. The one thing I have noticed, when manually rotating the driver side mirror to fold there is very little resistance compared with manual rotation on the passenger side.

I'm struggling to locate the fault and now wonder if its had a whack given the replacement mirror cover and this has broken / damaged the mechanism.

Any pointers places to look / parts to strip in the fault finding would be greatly appreciated.

Back