Cradle is here: (dont forget the rivets, item 19)
Thx that’s what I need - rivnuts and and fasteners I have a plenty. Did you use that stone guard?

@VanBlanc the rivnuts and the holes for them are hex-shaped so I highly recommend to go for the hex-shaped rivnuts. They are cheap comparing to the overall cost.

The stone guard should already be there - check the bottom of your van. The opening for the exhaust is also pre-cut in there :)
These guards are very fragile and if you drive offroad or in water/ice/snow at high speed - they are known to break. I have a non-original fiber-glass goard installed - it was bolt on and will never break again.

Also, don't buy the original exhaust and intake - any heater kit already has these included.

Cradle is here: (dont forget the rivets, item 19)
That’s great thx. Now have to find the best place to buy. I had a contact at TPS down south in Crawley but now I am in central Scotland it might have to be the nearest VW van service shop.

@VanBlanc the rivnuts and the holes for them are hex-shaped so I highly recommend to go for the hex-shaped rivnuts. They are cheap comparing to the overall cost.

The stone guard should already be there - check the bottom of your van. The opening for the exhaust is also pre-cut in there :)
These guards are very fragile and if you drive offroad or in water/ice/snow at high speed - they are known to break. I have a non-original fiber-glass goard installed - it was bolt on and will never break again.

Also, don't buy the original exhaust and intake - any heater kit already has these included.
Hex rivnuts not problem, do you know size? The Autoterm kit is pretty comprehensive and includes all except brackets. I’ll look into the guard did you buy or make?

Hex rivnuts not problem, do you know size? The Autoterm kit is pretty comprehensive and includes all except brackets. I’ll look into the guard did you buy or make?
I have 2 remaining and could measure the outside size tmw if you need it (let me know). Thread is M6 I think.

In case you'd like to make it a bit easier for yourself - here's an OEM rubber mount for the pump - 7E0813549 otherwise, drilling will be required. You can also tap into the existing Webasto line so that you don't have to take the tank off and do the unnecessary drilling of the tank cover.

I bought the aftermarket reinforced guard. Unfortunately, the place where I bought this is no longer reachable for us.

Please do post once you get the price offer - it will be interesting to know how much this will cost. You might like to try and source the parts on ebay for less the price (at least some of them).

M6 should do fine thx.

The Planar kit should come with the hose attachment to the fuel tank sender. I think I still have some spares from when I did our Crafter.
have 2 remaining and could measure the outside size tmw if you need it (let me know). Thread is M6 I think.

In case you'd like to make it a bit easier for yourself - here's an OEM rubber mount for the pump - 7E0813549 otherwise, drilling will be required. You can also tap into the existing Webasto line so that you don't have to take the tank off and do the unnecessary drilling of the tank cover.

I bought the aftermarket reinforced guard. Unfortunately, the place where I bought this is no longer reachable for us.

Please do post once you get the price offer - it will be interesting to know how much this will cost. You might like to try and source the parts on ebay for less the price (at least some of them).
Thx, I can get the rivnuts.

There is a rubber pump mount in the Autoterrm kit. Likewise so are the tube connectors to the sender but in any case I have spares from doing our Crafter.

I can sort the guard even if that means glassing over the OE item.

I will try TPS in Dundee for parts and see if they will deal direct.

@eugene this is where I am with part numbers adding your notes to @Pauly 's latest list. Do you concur?

I have noted those that are generic and those that are Multivan/Cali. However those I have highlighted won't be correct for a 2023 Cali. The B pillar trim may be correct size wise but the wrong colour as the lower should be dark grey and (I believe) minus the alarm button - do you know what it should be? The step needs the light or the eagerly awaited Eugene grille otherwise a Cali part number.

The cradle should be OK. I have left all the consumables off as I can easily and cheaply source what I don't already have.

My local TPS will deal direct or I can use my neighbours account. The dealer I am buying from has an identical van with the heater option and I have a VIN and Reg for that so I can quote that with my order. So I'll see whet they come up with.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 16.26.25.png

@VanBlanc I checked Cali specific numbers and they seem to be right. Disclaimer - I take no responsibility for what you order :)
Surely, if you are capable of doing this install, you can also do a wonderful job of re-using the existing b-pillar trim?
btw, can you post a pic of your trim on the b-pillar?

I didn't check your cradle list, you might like to recheck the number of bushings.

Good luck and let us know how much they quote for this stuff (hint: use this as a reference to see if they are ripping you off)

Thx, having a reg/vin for a van already fitted will be my safeguard. Yes I probably can do the trims myself - just hedging my bets incase I have an accident ;)

Picking the van up next week so will photo it then. I want to get this kit together and mock it up asap for an install in March if we get e few bright days. After that we are away in it for couple of trips in April and May.

Yes it probably does need 4, only 2 shown the diag. I probably have something like that in the workshop so I'll add it to consumables.

Yup, have used oemvwshop for reference before. I think we even bought some parts from them when fitting a Cali roof to our Kombi. I suppose the difference now us in the UK is we have to add VAT, import and delays?

Use it only as a reference. It makes no sense to order from them due to customs etc. I couldn't PM you re the roof.

ps yes, 4 bushings.

From what I can work out you are doing a half-arsed installation, you mention Autoterm as the heater so why are you intent on using OEM parts for the installation? They are designed for the 3500/3900/5000/5500 size heaters which use 90mm ducting unlike the smaller heaters that use 60mm. No need for the OEM mount likewise - that is designed for the weight of the fore-mentioned heaters. Total overkill for a smaller heater. Look at the STC kit that I have for sale to see the correct mount for the 2Kw heaters.

Thx, having a reg/vin for a van already fitted will be my safeguard. Yes I probably can do the trims myself - just hedging my bets incase I have an accident ;)

Picking the van up next week so will photo it then. I want to get this kit together and mock it up asap for an install in March if we get e few bright days. After that we are away in it for couple of trips in April and May.

Yes it probably does need 4, only 2 shown the diag. I probably have something like that in the workshop so I'll add it to consumables.

Yup, have used oemvwshop for reference before. I think we even bought some parts from them when fitting a Cali roof to our Kombi. I suppose the difference now us in the UK is we have to add VAT, import and delays?
I can lookup the parts for your donor van with the VIN you have if it helps ?
Would be good to confirm the step/pillar details for others also

Thx @Pauly, the vin is WV2ZZZ7HZPH022226. It’s a Beach registered in Oct 2022. We had a choice of 2 and apart from the heater the one we chose has a spec that suits us better and adding a heater is relatively simple.

Thx @Pauly, the vin is WV2ZZZ7HZPH022226. It’s a Beach registered in Oct 2022. We had a choice of 2 and apart from the heater the one we chose has a spec that suits us better and adding a heater is relatively simple.
With your vehicle being a California do you know if the cut out on the B-pillar is there already in that do VW have a standard California bodyshell?

With your vehicle being a California do you know if the cut out on the B-pillar is there already in that do VW have a standard California bodyshell?
Here's a trim from california. There is one very small difference with the trim that you could notice at the top related to the curtains/blackout.

7f5f9f63-465a-49ea-9751-b689c5d39006.jpeg

c6590a3f-4fe9-4e47-9809-2ce3e803cb41.jpeg

I was wondering that. We’ll see when I get it and I’ll post here.

Here's a trim from california. There is one very small difference with the trim that you could notice at the top related to the curtains/blackout.
That looks right, VW call it Titanium Black. I had forgotten about the cut out for the blind, that does make it specific.

Is there a part number for it?

Well i ran the vin number above to check pillar and step and it came back with

7E7867240A NA2 for the pillar in grey, change to 82V for black so it matches above but it mentioned a mains socket as part of it ?
The step was listed as 7LA863736E NA2 in grey and again 82V for black, as its a cali not sure what that means for a front step light hole ??

The cali specific air guide is 7E5819655 and the vent 7E5819383, all matched from the supplied vin

Back