Could you confirm the b-pillar trim cover is, just wondering if the l stands for the left-hand side? Thanks
  • 7E0 867 292L 92W

Mine had an ‘R’ in the code - (driver’s side).
The colour code is at the end (92W) which is Moonrock Grey

7997F331-345E-41EC-A227-3777D20CE765.jpeg

Edit - forgot to say, my version is the one with a cut-out for the interior alarm sensor button.

4A648557-65DB-4BC2-A0E3-43ED7B8029AE.jpeg

that explains it, I ordered all the parts from TPS and they changed the part number to the one with 'R'. must have been an update. Thanks for that ched

will the wider caravelle b pillar panel with the 2 vents in fit the van?
These ones seem to be more available 2nd hand

will the wider caravelle b pillar panel with the 2 vents in fit the van?
These ones seem to be more available 2nd hand
I don't know, but will you not have to get the upper panel to match? The one above isn't that expensive new, I think mine was about £45 ish from TPS.

You will need the upper part as well. Also I believe there will be an issue with it meeting up with the headlining as the caravelle roof is thicker. The internal air guide is also bigger than the kombi/Panel van version

Great thread this, full of useful info, I'm pleased its still running after 2 years because I've just started fitting my vents. I bought my parts used as a set although they were new still sealed in bags, unfortunately like others I've got the wrong y piece and rear vent cover, because I have the wider Shuttle trim on my B pillar.
I dont suppose anybody is looking for 7H0819655 and 7H0819383? I need 7H5819655 and 7H5819383 instead. Thanks.20201109_101029.jpg

Great thread this, full of useful info, I'm pleased its still running after 2 years because I've just started fitting my vents. I bought my parts used as a set although they were new still sealed in bags, unfortunately like others I've got the wrong y piece and rear vent cover, because I have the wider Shuttle trim on my B pillar.
I dont suppose anybody is looking for 7H0819655 and 7H0819383? I need 7H5819655 and 7H5819383 instead. Thanks.View attachment 91237
Will these fit a panel van? I am looking to get the parts needed.

Unfortunately these are for a California or a caravelle. They both have a different b pillar trim different depth and height, you then need to change the top part of the trim as well and it doesn’t meet the roof panel as the other two have lower roofs

Hello, Excellent thread, has been very helpful, thanks.
Am ordering the oem bits, but a having problem with the part number for this step.
The taller one to fit the eom cab carpet.
Can anyone confirm the part number? thanks.

step with vent and carpet.jpg

Sorry for dragging up this thread but doing it some time with in next couple of weeks just waiting on bits to arrive 1 question is the hole there at the bottom of b piller as in the hole on the floor thanks

It’s not unfortunately so you need to cut it out yourself. Look a few pages back for help. I did mine with a dremel and cutting discs

So, here goes; having received all of the necessary parts from @Pauly, today I have set about cutting the van paneling in order to install this ductwork so that when I go down to Propex Leisure at the end of March, they can connect their LPG heater to the OEM ductwork, rather than using an ugly old vent that comes up through the floor or out of the back of the drivers seat base.

This is going to take some time to write up and install all of the images, so please bear with me.

PARTS
This is a list of my parts, your's may be slightly different because of trim colour/ vehicle derivative etc, so check carefully with Pauly before hand.
  • Intake Duct - Step = 7E0 819 219
  • Air Guide Channel = 7E0 819 381C
  • Frame Air Guide = 7H0 819 475
  • Air Guide B-Pillar = 7H0 819 655A
  • B-Pillar Trim Cover = 7E0 867 292L 92W
  • Warm Air Vent B-Pillar - Front = 7H0 819 209A
  • Warm Air Vent B-Pillar - Rear = 7H0 819 383B
  • Screws for front step duct = N90879402 (you'll require 6)
  • Screws for B-pillar duct = N90739703 (you'll require 2)
  • Cable ties = N0209022 (you'll need 2)
  • Front Step with Vent Hole = 7H0 863 735F (No courtesy light) - @Pauly edit, i think this should be 7H0 863 736G 9B9 ?
View attachment 18304

Having installed it all, I believe I need to find a reducer coupling to drop the fittings down to the 60mm size required by Propex, but that will be an ebay search for an Eberspacher reducer.

Thanks for the detailed post on the parts needed for the B-pillar install. I've ordered the VW parts, but I'm curious if you remember what size reducer coupling you needed from the VW duct to the 60mm heater port?

Thanks for the detailed post on the parts needed for the B-pillar install. I've ordered the VW parts, but I'm curious if you remember what size reducer coupling you needed from the VW duct to the 60mm heater port?

I think it's a 90-60mm reducer that's needed. I'm yet to buy one for my install, but I'm pretty sure they are the measurements.

So, here goes; having received all of the necessary parts from @Pauly, today I have set about cutting the van paneling in order to install this ductwork so that when I go down to Propex Leisure at the end of March, they can connect their LPG heater to the OEM ductwork, rather than using an ugly old vent that comes up through the floor or out of the back of the drivers seat base.

This is going to take some time to write up and install all of the images, so please bear with me.

PARTS
This is a list of my parts, your's may be slightly different because of trim colour/ vehicle derivative etc, so check carefully with Pauly before hand.
  • Intake Duct - Step = 7E0 819 219
  • Air Guide Channel = 7E0 819 381C
  • Frame Air Guide = 7H0 819 475
  • Air Guide B-Pillar = 7H0 819 655A
  • B-Pillar Trim Cover = 7E0 867 292L 92W
  • Warm Air Vent B-Pillar - Front = 7H0 819 209A
  • Warm Air Vent B-Pillar - Rear = 7H0 819 383B
  • Screws for front step duct = N90879402 (you'll require 6)
  • Screws for B-pillar duct = N90739703 (you'll require 2)
  • Cable ties = N0209022 (you'll need 2)
  • Front Step with Vent Hole = 7H0 863 735F (No courtesy light) - @Pauly edit, i think this should be 7H0 863 736G 9B9 ?
View attachment 18304

Having installed it all, I believe I need to find a reducer coupling to drop the fittings down to the 60mm size required by Propex, but that will be an ebay search for an Eberspacher reducer.
Trying to establish if the step part number is for the step with vent and factory fitted light cut out?

Back