It is funny you mention the vents mine runs better with it removed it push all the heat to the floor. Has anyone seen a vent that points outwards rather than to the floor ?
Stu

I assume the design directs the airflow downwards as the hot air will naturally rise eventually. This should aid in the van’s airflow.

All fitted; except the plumbing of the fuel into tank. I still have 30 litres in tank.....so 25kg.
The vent cutting took a while; iterative like the B-Pillar hole. Repeatedly placing to vents, measuring, cutting... But in the end looks super.

Yeah vents point down; but hot air rises. And pointing down means less chance of dropping stuff into vents?

Will upload some picies of the whole installation; after PE with Joe :)

Hi, Yes I did think the hot air rises but it heats the floor up ok I would rather it blow across the van if that makes sense.

Owain, what heater have you fitted ?
Planar 2d, bought from tigerexped in germany. Cause it was cheaper and they had lots of videos, instructions and stainless steel mounting plate looked super.

Inlet airway is webasto plastic and round 60mm hole; all came in tigerexped kit.

I’m in the process of fitting my Eber having already fitted the OEM B pillar ducting and generic footwell inlet.
I was aware the OEM inlet duct causing an alignment issue with the generic bracket that’s the reason I went generic. However, I believed the outlet side was OK. Not so!
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Eber supplied bracket should work or do I need the OEM bracket?

D1A0E74B-4EDC-4757-84F9-BCB1DD7666D2.jpeg

36C30123-72EE-448C-BC65-2AF24A974FB0.jpeg

Cheers @Skyliner33 . I eventually cut a V in the 90/60 reducer to create an angle. I welded it up eith a soldering iron and cable ties. I then shaved a tad off the OEM duct to add to the angle. I just need to tidy up the welding and sika the reducer to the duct.

75FE2646-CE45-4977-B142-8596FC858CE8.jpeg

It doesn't help that you are using the wrong sized heater for anything OEM - factory fit was Webasto Air Top 3500ST going to the Eberspacher Airtronic D4/B4 on the T6 both of which use 90mm ducting. Those plate brackets haven't been designed to line up with anything OEM.

I removed the rubber coupling on the B pillar duct as there was no room to fit the reducer. The modified reducer now sits nicely directly to the duct.
I've used the Eber supplied step vent to save the same hassle.

Anyone need a 7H5.819.655A. The pipework that guides air to vents in B-Pillar. I got the wrong one, too wide for my pillar. Cost me 23.32 Euro. Dooohhh.

Or is Ebay or the bin?
In fact does anyone want it for the price of postage and packing? At the moment its just a door stop in living room.

15898851914172553055278927784218.jpg

Back