Those of you that have used the kombi mat + 12mm ply to get to the required rail height … do you find the floor is spongy at all? Just deciding what method to use.
Thanks

Those of you that have used the kombi mat + 12mm ply to get to the required rail height … do you find the floor is spongy at all? Just deciding what method to use.
Thanks
Personally I'd sell the kombi matt. Put some sound deadening down and insulation and then the top board.

I’m pretty sure somewhere in this discussion the step is mentioned.
If it’s not I’m sure Kernow Transporters can advise.

I’m pretty sure somewhere in this discussion the step is mentioned.
If it’s not I’m sure Kernow Transporters can advise.
I can measure the flooring tomorrow

Personally I'd sell the kombi matt. Put some sound deadening down and insulation and then the top board.
I was thinking that as well, but not sure how I can get to the required rail height (34mm) just using 12mm ply and sound deadening / insulation? I’ve got some Deadn Duo, but I’d need three layers of it £££!

I was thinking that as well, but not sure how I can get to the required rail height (34mm) just using 12mm ply and sound deadening / insulation? I’ve got some Deadn Duo, but I’d need three layers of it £££!
I haven’t done it but using the Kombi mat seems like a quick, relatively cheap and most importantly well proven method.
If you have a good condition Kombi mat it will fetch a fairly good price, you could sell it and put a tatty cheap one down in it’s place as condition doesn’t matter.

Regarding the 4 tailgate brackets, I spoke to the parts dept at VW and they said that the number you have is correct, however they also suggested they are sided and there is a part number 7HO802370 which are the right side and they suggested I ordered 2 of each. The problem is if they are wrong then they would not be returnable. So I just ordered 1 x 7Ho802369 as they are more expensive than the others. I should be able to pick it up Fri. Will post when I know more
Hi there - can you remember what you ended up with in the end for the tailgate? Was it 2 x 7H0802369 and 2 x 7H0802370? Thanks

Hi there - can you remember what you ended up with in the end for the tailgate? Was it 2 x 7H0802369 and 2 x 7H0802370? Thanks
Off the top of my head I can’t remember.
However i can say apart from the longer brackets at the front end I only used 2 types of brackets. I do remember I ordered 2 that were wrong and didn’t use them.
I think they are still in my garage.

Thanks. I cant see how the tie down brackets bolt to the rails from the pics you posted. Also which rail is which? Outer or inner rails? Are they all the same length?
Thanks, Do you have a photo of how the tie downs fix to the rails please?

They're at my workshop so I can get a picture tomorrow. You can see from this picture how they affix.

20211203_171842.jpg

End with fixings for the D ring

20211208_190938.jpg

Et voila

20211208_191130.jpg

Thanks. I am thinking there is only the tie down D at one end, near the front. :thumbsup:

At the rear, could be either end if you swapped them around. I wouldn't get hung up about the D rings. You can get rail attachments to put a D anywhere on the rail.

Are the rivets for the floor brackets structural, or are they just locators?
Thanks

Back