Hi guys, I realize im digging up an old thread here but over here in New Zealand and looking at fitting the Caravelle seat rails to a T6.1, No where near as much support here as you have there so doing my best to get this right first time as any of the parts I order will have to come from the UK. If anyone here can supply some contact details of someone I can order everything through first time and get everything I need that would be awesome. Also have one question for you guys re the fixing of mounting brackets under the floor, are you all getting away with just the rivets holding them I'm or are you spot welding them on also? I have a feeling if I fix them on with rivets and go for certification here they might flip there lid and ask for welds.
Cheers
So no welds at all? only the rivets to existing holes?
Thanks

The rivets for the brackets are just to hold them in position prior to bolting, they’re not structural in any way.

Hi guys, I realize im digging up an old thread here but over here in New Zealand and looking at fitting the Caravelle seat rails to a T6.1, No where near as much support here as you have there so doing my best to get this right first time as any of the parts I order will have to come from the UK. If anyone here can supply some contact details of someone I can order everything through first time and get everything I need that would be awesome. Also have one question for you guys re the fixing of mounting brackets under the floor, are you all getting away with just the rivets holding them I'm or are you spot welding them on also? I have a feeling if I fix them on with rivets and go for certification here they might flip there lid and ask for welds.
Cheers
Have a look at the pdf I posted a while back, has all the part numbers and locations on it, to suit an LWB.

I ordered parts from here Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat OEM & VAG parts | oemVWshop, was significantly cheaper than ordering through the dealer here in Australia.

Riveting should be fine, as what you are doing is replicating a similar oem vehicle (multivan/caravelle) which has obviously been factory tested and is safe. Check with your certifier/ engineer first to be sure.

Good luck!

Tip: I found the OEM steel rivets impossibly tough to use with a hand tool, so I used aluminium.

Hi folks!

I am exploring fitting the rails so I Can have some flexibility with the seats up front for the kids but I have a question:

Has anyone either with a Caravelle or that has fitted the rails also fitted Bott racking in the back?

The bottom of the racking would sit exactly on top of the rails judging from the pics on this thread so I guess I'd need to figure out a way of protecting the rails from the racking so they don't damage them...

Back