Cheers - so the brackets are just spreaders, rather than a mechanism for transferring load to the cross-members?
The brackets spread the load. You could put the brackets on with tiger seal if you wanted. The rivets are purely for location.

Last edited:
So I’m fitting this bolt… with the others around the fuel tank I’ve managed to just drop one side of the tank to get access, but this one looks like the whole tank will need to be dropped? Does the filler neck have to be disconnected first?
Thanks

1F27D898-388D-4EBB-B908-985CDF032735.jpeg

So I’m fitting this bolt… with the others around the fuel tank I’ve managed to just drop one side of the tank to get access, but this one looks like the whole tank will need to be dropped? Does the filler neck have to be disconnected first?
Thanks

View attachment 138838
Yes, the tank has 3 straps. Put a board underneath it and release the fuel filler neck and lower it

Off the top of my head I can’t remember.
However i can say apart from the longer brackets at the front end I only used 2 types of brackets. I do remember I ordered 2 that were wrong and didn’t use them.
I think they are still in my garage.
Just looking at one of your other posts … where did you get your tailgate threshold from? Cheers

Weston super mare, I don’t mind posting them if you pay for the postage. Just give me a fiver for a beer for the trouble.where abouts are you?
Just wanted to say thanks again for the brackets.
(only got around to fitting them this week!)

Hi All,
Been lurking around here for a long time, and finally have finished my Caravelle / Multivan rail install into a 2022 T6.1 LWB 4Motion.
I've put together the attached layout with the part numbers I used, as my way of giving back to this forum!
I live in Australia, and my engineer/certifier wanted the custom angles and flat bar installed in the rear of the van, in addition to all the other OEM brackets. Obviously check with your local authorities in case you need to do something similar.
Note, if you use the OEM rivets, do yourself a favour and buy a compressed air rivet gun. Being stainless, they are extremely hard to set with a hand tool!
Anyway, hope this helps someone, cheers!

Attachments

• Floor Brackets - Part Numbers.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
I live in Australia, and my engineer/certifier wanted the custom angles and flat bar installed in the rear of the van, in addition to all the other OEM brackets.

Makes you laugh doesn’t it - some jobsworth who thinks he knows better than VW who would have needed to go through all kinds of tests.

I’m sure your guide will help people wanting to do the same :thumbsup:

Makes you laugh doesn’t it - some jobsworth who thinks he knows better than VW who would have needed to go through all kinds of tests.

I’m sure your guide will help people wanting to do the same :thumbsup:
Haha yep, guarantee they are not needed! What do you do though when you need the car back on the road and legal? Had to do what he asked...
FWIW, the floor metal in that area is thin, so extra reinforcement isn't a bad thing, just something extra I had to do.

For those of you who previously had kombi seats/brackets fitted, what did you do with the holes you didn't re-use?

I assume they should be treated or at least covered on the underside?

On the triple bench all the holes get used - is yours a 2+1?
It was, but the previous owner added a bracket in the middle so it's 1+1+1.

I'll be fitting california rails rather than caravelle rails so will definitely have 16 bolt holes unused.

Hi can anyone help I'm looking for the plastic step the one just inside the sliding door as mine isn't deep enough now I have fitted the rails and floor? Does anyone know the correct part number? Thanks

Hi can anyone help I'm looking for the plastic step the one just inside the sliding door as mine isn't deep enough now I have fitted the rails and floor? Does anyone know the correct part number? Thanks
I don't know the part number but ultimately you need the side step from a caravelle.

You can get cheap aftermarket options too.

I've temporarily placed my original step back in with some 12mm ply underneath it so might try modifying that first.

I had an idea I never implemented LED.png

Thought to cut the step and insert a flexible (black) LED strip.

Then I found a pair of Caravelle Steps so didnt need to!

The strengthening brackets are riveted to pre drilled holes.
Hi guys, I realize im digging up an old thread here but over here in New Zealand and looking at fitting the Caravelle seat rails to a T6.1, No where near as much support here as you have there so doing my best to get this right first time as any of the parts I order will have to come from the UK. If anyone here can supply some contact details of someone I can order everything through first time and get everything I need that would be awesome. Also have one question for you guys re the fixing of mounting brackets under the floor, are you all getting away with just the rivets holding them I'm or are you spot welding them on also? I have a feeling if I fix them on with rivets and go for certification here they might flip there lid and ask for welds.
Cheers

Back