What's our camper van worth ?

Pete C

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Bit of an unusual one this. We are selling our T6 to buy a bigger vehicle, and have agreed to sell it to a friend, who has looked at it and it’s exactly what he wants. We have a big bill coming for the new van so can’t let the T6 go cheap, but equally it needs to be a fair price.

So I thought I would get input from the combined intellect on this forum to get an idea of what it is worth. So here’s the spec:

2016 SWB 102bhp Trendline panel van originally.
So aircon, reversing sensors, cruise control, body colour bumpers etc
Euro 5 so no AdBlue
Silver with barn doors.
36,000 miles with regular services
Bought by us at 1 year old from VW commercial and converted by us, apart from the windows which were done professionally.

Good tidy condition
Stock suspension
Claytons with good tyres
H4 headlights.
Standard radio - DAB, Bluetooth etc

It’s a standard camper van layout, but with no pop-top.

Omtec roof rails and bars
Kiravans furniture.
2 ring hob and sink
Dometic fridge
2 fire extinguishers.
Streamline folding bed with seatbelts - crash tested spec
Swivel front bench seat with fold flat back.
Kiravans side door storage unit.
Carpeted and properly insulated.
Propex HS2000 gas heater
904 camping gas canister in rear.
Dimmable ceiling lights
Loads of USB ports
AGM leisure battery
Victron DC-DC charger when driving
Victron Hook Up charger
Victron solar charger ready for use with portable solar panel (andersen connector)
Onboard fresh and waste water containers.
Detachable tow-bar - professionally fitted.

I think that’s it. The reason he likes it is because it’s exactly the spec he wants, and he knows it has performed faultlessly for us travelling all over the UK and Europe.

The build thread is here:
T6 SWB camper build
Things have moved on a little with some of the components, but basically the same van.

I could post some sexy photos of the van in various European locations, but this isn't a sales thread :)

So over to you. What do you think it is worth ?

Cheers,

Pete

Few bits I forgot:

It now has a shelf above the hob/sink - very useful.
And it has a hidden C-rail on the passenger side to take an awning.

Pete

Love games like this @Pete C ... You must have an idea what you'd be happy to see it go for. That is the main thing. Hopefully van will get to go on many more adventures!

Low mileage def in your favour and fact your friend already loves van. I'd take a stab at offers around £30K... how does that sound? Mind your mate will be on here before long ha!

Based on a pop top, like on other thread being circa £6K and lots of campers like that on market for £36K to £38K... They have 'fancy wheels' but yours very tidy example.

£30k seems right. The most important thing is that he knows it has run faultlessly and been looked after.

Thanks for the input folks. Anyone else got any views ?

Pete

Well, sold it today for £30k. We are now T6-less.
Got a few bits to give away or sell shortly, but will be hanging around on the forum as there is so much useful interaction here which will be applicable to our new toy that arrives on Friday.

Pete

Well, sold it today for £30k. We are now T6-less.
Got a few bits to give away or sell shortly, but will be hanging around on the forum as there is so much useful interaction here which will be applicable to our new toy that arrives on Friday.

Pete
Glad you’re going to hang around on here and good luck with your new toy

Back