Falling in love a bit .....

Had the H&R / Koni set up from @CRS Performance fitted today ..... alignment done after . Really happy with the suspension now .... I’d say it’s 30% better in every situation compared to my eibach/vw spring set up .

View attachment 76126View attachment 76125

then had a few hours spare and gave it a clean and polished the roof and ceramic coated it
View attachment 76127
That’s when I noticed this !!
View attachment 76128
Pretty sure it’s a manufacture defect .... there’s is zero sign of any paint work . Feels like seam sealer but as has been pointed out , this should have been rectified at the pdi from vw . It’s booked in with my local dealer to get sorted . If they come back with it’s not covered , I’ll be heading up to oxford vw ) where the van came from ) and they will have to sort it .
So after starting the day well ... was in a bad mood now ....

what to do next .....

View attachment 76130
Bit of snow foam always brings me back to a good mood ! Haha

then off to buy some banana trees ... like you do !
View attachment 76131

View attachment 76129
I see you visited Nick at Southampton Wheel Alignment. He is such a knowledgeable guy. He's done several for me, including my T6 with adjustable TCAs to get the thing spot on.

Not wanting to derail this in to the Pork & van thread, but I'm in the club. :cool:

V8 Diesel Cayenne with PCCBs. Owned from new 120k miles now. I get treated a lot differently by other road users tooling around in the van than the Porker...

pork & van.jpg

Not wanting to derail this in to the Pork & van thread, but I'm in the club. :cool:

V8 Diesel Cayenne with PCCBs. Owned from new 120k miles now. I get treated a lot differently by other road users tooling around in the van than the Porker...

View attachment 76503

In no way are you derailing ..... I quite clearly love both .... but so far the service I’ve received from Porsche is leagues ahead of VW !!
That’s a great looking pair of vehicles :)

My second love is going to farm shows ...now that’s a Porsche id love to drive.....even Lamborghini started off as farm machinery now look what they make :rofl:

ps. Everyone loves a tractor
Lamborghini still make tractors, though they never sold in massive numbers in the UK, they're not crazy expensive like the cars, but farmers need to know they can get dealer support 7 days a week quite close to them, I think that's why Lamborghini don't sell many tractors here.
Today I was driving something a little less exotic, a John Deere!

Lamborghini still make tractors, though they never sold in massive numbers in the UK, they're not crazy expensive like the cars, but farmers need to know they can get dealer support 7 days a week quite close to them, I think that's why Lamborghini don't sell many tractors here.
Today I was driving something a little less exotic, a John Deere!
Nought wrong with a Deere. Similar colour to the Roadless ploughmaster 6/4 I’m more a fan of older units...but for my birthday the wife paid to let me plough with a Case... boys and there toys :D

You can pay to go ploughing?? :slow rofl:
I've spent many very long days ploughing as a youngster, now I only help local farmers when they are busy when it suits me, like it did today.
All the big tractor brands are much of a muchness, all now very complex, often with 24 or more powershift gears, or CVT, touchscreen controls, GPS auto steering, air brakes, suspension, fridges etc. And they are much faster than years ago and wider, which keeps road work interesting.
In the 70's and early 80's if you could drive one tractor, you could drive any tractor, they were just different colours. Now I find I get off a John Deere and on to, for example, a Massey, I need a five minute lesson on how the controls work!

I've spent many very long days ploughing as a youngster, now I only help local farmers when they are busy when it suits me, like it did today.
All the big tractor brands are much of a muchness, all now very complex, often with 24 or more powershift gears, or CVT, touchscreen controls, GPS auto steering, air brakes, suspension, fridges etc. And they are much faster than years ago and wider, which keeps road work interesting.
In the 70's and early 80's if you could drive one tractor, you could drive any tractor, they were just different colours. Now I find I get off a John Deere and on to, for example, a Massey, I need a five minute lesson on how the controls work!
The raw power of modern tractor is amazing but it’s more drive by wire almost autonomous the older units required a driver to be skilled at there craft ...going back I just remember the wooden thrashing machines and my grandfather working the land in Norfolk
Yep you can make money out of driving tractors...it’s boys toy thing..I think it stems from driving odd vehicle in the services
Folk are strange... then they buy a T6 204. That’s fun :D

Nothing runs like a Deere.......

We all know that is gospel.

The son of one of our neighbours works on a farm driving some of the big machinery (he’s only 19!) including ploughing - he has a farming game on his Xbox and does ‘virtual’ ploughing when he gets home :rolleyes:

Pay to plough !...... I’ve heard it all now !
Just in case....you’d want to go...

Some people like Track days.... some like Off road stuff... Nothing like putting a BV206 hugglands on the course at Leaconfields that’s fun But it’s all boys playing with toys

0B7A7C82-B171-4133-A546-0DBCCBA3E161.png

Back